Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

actually, why can't we have president shrek?

He likes to show off his dick too much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cult_hero
Jul 10, 2001

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

actually, why can't we have president shrek?

Isn't a naturally born citizen.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Because any schmuck off the street could just talk it into activating the self destruct codes for the whole government by rolling well on a speech check.

Now I am not saying that would be a bad thing, just that that's why we can't have one.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

goatface posted:

He likes to show off his dick too much.

I mean they let LBJ be president, so that's no reason to stop Shrek.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Shrek came out in 2001, it won't be eligible for the presidency until 2036, and a film has never successfully run for office anyway

The children's book will be able to run in three years, but it's even less likely than the film to win the nomination, even for the libertarian party

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Yeah, but this is an AI Shrek, and it's been aged in a timechamber so you can gently caress it without it being morally wrong.

Vakal
May 11, 2008
I think Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy had the best system where the elected President was just for show, to go around making pretty speeches and hobnobbing with other leaders, while the real president was some really smart guy locked in an underground bunker with a computer that he made policy decisions on while having no clue that it was real.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

rear end Inside

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

i am my own president, and i'm not afraid to let the courts know it

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Vakal posted:

I think Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy had the best system where the elected President was just for show, to go around making pretty speeches and hobnobbing with other leaders, while the real president was some really smart guy locked in an underground bunker with a computer that he made policy decisions on while having no clue that it was real.

a smart guy in a basement with a computer making decisions just ensures that those decisions will be deeply hosed up. it's a quaint, pre-internet idea.

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡
OP obviously hasn't tried using governors in Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri.

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

quote:

Mr. President, you need to decide if to pull the economy lever into good or bad. What is your decision?

A: So I can do the only thing you want to do is to be happy in business. But the point is that people always feel sorry for companies that have been overfished, oversold, undercompensated for overpaying workers. And some industries are the envy of the world. I believe they're all bad because in many ways you've got to have companies that you're willing to make money on. And we certainly don't want to make an example of those companies here, because it's pretty easy to do that. But if the world were as happy as America now that you don't have $40 billion of debt, so I think that's about right, that it would be in a crisis in the world and it was never a crisis that I think about regularly. I think people's feeling good, and they're really happy.

Hmm, about on par with a Biden speech. Way more lucid and coherent than Trump. Definitely worse than Obama. Difficult decision :hmmyes:

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Why can’t we have Mt Slutmore? Titty. :haibrower:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bula Vinaka
Oct 21, 2020

beach side
Eyeborgs