Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
back in 2019, trig discipline posted a rendition of the song "enterprise grade", a riff on the song "particle man", as written by champagne posting (known back then as "Boiled Water") and pres. beep:

quote:

enterprise grade, enterprise grade
running the things for the free trade
does it run? on custom hardware
enterprise grade

is it installed, and is it to spec?
when its under load will we cut a check?
or does the vendor cut it instead?
nobody known, enterprise grade

enterprise grade, enterprise grade.
enterprise grade versus con-sumer grade.
it’s all dumb poo poo, nobody wins.
enterprise grade

oracle man, oracle man
lawyers of the entire enterprise man
usually kind to google men
oracle man

an enterprise with a coding hand,
a lawyer hand and a db hand
when they meet, unhappy land
powerful man, oracle man

programming man, programming man
uses enterprise bought by business man
lives his life on the forums bland
programming man

is he a goon, or is he in sales?
either way he feels totally worthless
who came up with goony man?
degraded man, programming man

enterprise grade, enterprise grade.
enterprise grade versus con-sumer grade.
it’s all dumb poo poo, nobody wins.
enterprise grade

A) does anyone still have a copy of this?

and

B) please post it again

thanks and "god bless",

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer
oh poo poo let me dig that up

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
should be here

https://soundcloud.com/danwarren/enterprise-grade/s-drndW

i set it to private a while back but i think they've changed how "private" works so that nobody but me can see it or something. it's public now

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

lol this tune

champagne posting
Apr 5, 2006

YOU ARE A BRAIN
IN A BUNKER

Fallen Hamprince posted:

They Might Be Clients

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

Trig Discipline posted:

should be here

i set it to private a while back but i think they've changed how "private" works so that nobody but me can see it or something. it's public now

this is incredible

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

a medium-format picture of beeftweeter staring silently at the camera, a quizzical expression on his face
amazing

Tankakern
Jul 25, 2007

i uploaded it to gbs.fm

Tankakern
Jul 25, 2007

Tankakern posted:

i uploaded it to gbs.fm

on in a few seconds at https://gbs.fm/320

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

Tankakern posted:

on in a few seconds at https://gbs.fm/320

playing now :rock:

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

Trig Discipline posted:

should be here

oh whew. i was wondering if you got a nastygram over it or something.

thank you!!

chaosbreather
Dec 9, 2001

Wry and wise,
but also very sexual.

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

oh whew. i was wondering if you got a nastygram over it or something.

Dear Trig Discipline,

This is an immediate takedown notice requiring you to remove your song "Enterprise Grade" from public availability to avoid legal action from Oracle, Inc.

The song contains unlicensed use of Oracle Inc trademarks, and is very mean to Oracle. Larry Ellison, CEO of Oracle, was in tears when he found out about it, which distracted him several times from his day of making billions of dollars powering the massive surveillance dystopia of fascist regimes, failed democracies and corporate hellscapes. He cried so hard that you were mean to him that he "almost pooped his pants, a bit of crap almost came out". He insisted we passed on that information so that you are fully aware of the seriousness and severity of your flagrant trademark infringement. We didn't think it was a good idea, but he put his foot down.

We appreciate your attention and wish you best of luck in your future endeavours. Us lawyers actually quite like your song although we don't really "get" most of it, but please take it down anyway or we'll have to sue you. Larry has already started to make us call him "The Lazza" because he's going through a whole fake British thing and it's honestly the worst so we'd really appreciate you complying with our scary request.

Love (with kisses) (XOX),
Oracle Inc, Legal Department

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
no joke, the only takedown i've ever gotten on soundcloud was my post "postmodern jukebox covers 4'33"", which was nothing but 4'33" of gramophone crackle

it was taken down because i supposedly sampled some old disco song which also started with record noise, but soundcloud restored it when i said "hey this is dumb as poo poo y'all"