Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rynn
Jul 23, 2003

This is so hosed up and I can’t believe this guy is on the job still.

https://www.goerie.com/story/news/local/2022/08/07/millcreek-township-pa-residents-officials-at-odds-over-euthanizing-cat/65393972007/

The summary of what happened:

- Lady in neighborhood takes in a stray who’s very affectionate, let’s him roam the neighborhood (probably not great but not a reason to kill it)

- Cat somehow wanders into another lady’s home and won’t leave, but is very friendly and affectionate. She checks him for fleas, doesn’t see any, posts on local Facebook animal network group looking for owner. Posts a picture of her holding the cat.

- After a few hours she calls animal control asking if they’d take him to the local humane society since she couldn’t (they were closed for cleaning). Animal control officer said he had keys and could do so.

- ACO shows up and immediately comes in with a catch pole. Cat obviously freaks out being noosed and the officer somehow within a minute determines the cat has parasites, fleas and rabies because “it’s aggressive” and takes it outside on the pole. My coworker lives in this neighborhood, knows the lady that called and has Ring doorbell footage of the ACO taking the cat out with the pole suspended, literally hanging the cat :wtc:

- ACO takes the cat to a parking lot, shoots it and throws it in a dumpster, in direct violation of protocol used when an animal is suspected of having rabies. The remains are required to be tested to ensure there’s no health risk by those who may have been exposed.

The township police and council seem to be covering up for this guy and the residents are pissed. It’s also been mentioned by a few people that they saw this ACO shoot a turkey in a local park and just leave it :wtf:

I don’t know how else to get this story out but there’s a petition someone made. https://www.change.org/p/fire-millcreek-animal-control-officer-lyall

This happened July 29th on a Friday and I feel like this piece of poo poo just wanted to end his workday and tossed the cat like trash so he wouldn’t have to take the time to drop it off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

evilmaniac
Jul 10, 2010
That's pretty upsetting to hear about.
People who don't have the patience to deal with animals should not be working in jobs that have anything to do with animals.