Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

As usual I can't stay up for these midweek Korakuens but I can live post my reactions later after work!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Really great Korakuen. Everything was fun and the main event was amazing.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Lol 2004 young boy Shingo is very funny to watch in my humble opinion. Had to look up when everyone started since most of the Toryumon guys are already playing the hits and so good by 2004 (YOSSINO in particular is impressive). Surprisingly Mocchy hasn’t shown me too much yet despite being a 10 year vet but it’s been mostly Final M2K crap. The next PPV is a dream gate match vs CIMA so I’m sure that’ll be good. Armani Shoe Exchange is the best move in the company.

Just some 2004 thoughts :)

Bonk
Aug 4, 2002

Douche Baggins

yea ok posted:

I'm likely going to have some downtime in the new year, so I'm planning to go back as far as I can find with Toryumon Mexico and see how much Toryumon Japan/T2P/TX I can find before doing a DG Infinity rewatch. I definitely had some gap years that I never saw much of because footage was hard to come by for a long time.

Anyway, we got CARDS!

2022.12.10 KBS Hall
■8-Man: Kzy/Shimizu/JFK/Jason vs YAMATO/DKid/Yoshida/Mondai
■Singles: Madoka Kikuta vs Kaito Nagano
■Tag: Mocchy/Junior vs Fujii/Kato
■6-Man: Ultimo/Susumu/Kanda vs KAI/BxB/Diamante
■Tag: Yoshioka/Dia vs Doi/Eita
■6-Man : Gold Class vs Shun/HYO/ISHIN

2022.12.11 Nagoya - Another FREE show on DG Network
■8-Man: Eita/Kato/Mondai/Nagano vs M3K
■Singles: Madoka Kikuta vs Punch Tominaga
■Tag: Minorita/Fuda vs HYO/Diamante
■Singles: Takashi Yoshida vs Big Boss Shimizu
■8-Man: Kzy/U-T/JFK/Jason vs Shun/KAI/BxB/ISHIN
■Ultimo Dragon 35th Anniversary & Dragon Kid 25th Anniversary: Ultimo Dragon vs Dragon Kid
■Tag: Yoshioka/Dia vs Minoura/Ben-K

Cards TBA:
2022.12.16 Korakuen Hall
2022.12.18 Gate of Origin
2022.12.25 Final Gate
2022.12.27 Sambo Hall

Bonk fucked around with this message at 06:07 on Dec 11, 2022

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Oh hey, we're finally getting the Dragon vs. Dragon one on one match. Also that D'Courage/Gold Class main should be good as hell.

Bonk
Aug 4, 2002

Douche Baggins
Some free links:
12/9 house show
12/10 KBS Hall opener
12/11 Nagoya show - Completely free tonight on DGN (alternate stream with wrestler commentary)

Also, DGN finally posted the NOAH crossover show, in case you didn't get to see it on Wrestle Universe.

If you have the network, don't sleep on the KBS show. Mochizukis vs Fuda/Kato is really good, and way better than I thought a rookie match would be.

Bonk fucked around with this message at 03:25 on Dec 11, 2022

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Watching the Nagoya show, right now. Looks like a pretty good turn out for a "non-major" show. New gen drawing when pushed well, who knew?

Lol, somehow, Ultimo Dragon vs. Dragon Kid ended with Minorita beating HYO in rock, paper, scissors for a chance at the Brave Gate. Ultimo's refusal to job or take a flat back bump leads to some weird rear end poo poo.

Dimebags Brain fucked around with this message at 05:27 on Dec 12, 2022

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Two matches for Gate of Origin announced: Twin Gate Title match with Vibes defending against YAMATO & Takashi Yoshida, as well as the super fun sounding Diamante & Shun vs Dragon Kid & Ninja Mack

Bonk
Aug 4, 2002

Douche Baggins
We've got a full Korakuen card as well!

Fantastic Gate - Korakuen Hall
December 16, 2022 @ 18:30 JST / 4:30AM EST / 1:30AM PST / 9:30AM GMT

① 8-Man: Fujii/Fuda/Nagano/Kato vs M3K
② Singles: Kota Minoura vs Konomama Ichikawa
③ 6-Man: Ultimo/Eita/Arai vs JFK/Jason/Ho Ho
④ Singles: YAMATO vs. Punch Tominaga
⑤ 6-Man: Shimizu/U-T/SMJ vs DKid/Yoshida/Mondai
⑥ 8-Man: Doi/Kondo/Dia/Kikuta vs KAI/BxB/Diamante/ISHIN
⑦ Dream/Brave vs Challengers Tag: HYO/Yoshioka vs Ben-K/Minorita
⑧ Singles: Kzy vs Shun Skywalker

Undercard's a little weird, but the main should be an absolute banger. The opener with Fujii leading the rookies should be fun, and we might see a bit more character come out of Minoura when he's up against Ichikawa - I feel like they're probably going to revitalize him next year, but he needs to tweak his presentation now that Ben-K and Minorita are such big personalities.

Kzy has a Jr. Tag title shot with YO-HEY coming up in NOAH, so there's a real chance we could see Tag Belt Collector Kzy.

Bonk
Aug 4, 2002

Douche Baggins
Gate of Origin full card for 12/18
① 6 Man: U-T/JFK/Jason vs Mondai/Punch/Fuda
② Singles: Eita vs Konomama Ichikawa
③ 6 Man: OG M2K vs Ultimo/Fujii/GAINA (MPro)
④ 3 Way: Strong Machine J vs Mochizuki Junior vs ISHIN
⑤ International Dream Tag: Dragon Kid/Ninja Mack vs Shun/Diamante
⑥ Captains Fall Elimination 3 Way Trios: D'courage vs Gold Class vs Z-Brats (BxB/KAI/HYO)
⑦ Twin Gate: Kzy/Shimizu© vs YAMATO/Yoshida

This card kinda rules for how weird it is. No idea what the purpose of a Vibes vs jobber opener is, Eita scraping the bottom of the barrel in his quest for friends, an old man trios right behind a 2nd-gen triple threat, Mack's going to get circles wrestled around him, a goddamn Captain's Fall Trios, and the Twin Gate match should be really fun.

So far all we know for Final Gate is Yuki/Ben-K for Dream, HYO/Minorita for Brave, the YAMA/Kikuta vs Shingo/BxB tag, and that GAINA and Toru Owashi are somewhere on the card - likely Doi too. Speaking of Doi, they've released a January schedule for his appearances, which look to be all the DGN dates but no house shows, which makes sense: 1/07 Edion, 1/08 KBS, 1/11 & 1/12 Korakuen, 1/21 Sambo.

Also, I mentioned this in the podcast thread, but I have a segment on the tail-end of this week's Open the Voice Gate. I did some detective work about the story behind K-Jax in RDPW, and it's pretty interesting.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

yea ok posted:

Lol 2004 young boy Shingo is very funny to watch in my humble opinion. Had to look up when everyone started since most of the Toryumon guys are already playing the hits and so good by 2004 (YOSSINO in particular is impressive). Surprisingly Mocchy hasn’t shown me too much yet despite being a 10 year vet but it’s been mostly Final M2K crap. The next PPV is a dream gate match vs CIMA so I’m sure that’ll be good. Armani Shoe Exchange is the best move in the company.

this old stuff is not on the site right, you had to xwt it?

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Suplex Liberace posted:

this old stuff is not on the site right, you had to xwt it?

Yeah someone uploaded stacks of old DG TV there in yearly packs

Bonk
Aug 4, 2002

Douche Baggins
I would actually really dig having this Fuji/Fuda/Nagano/Kato unit stick around.

WTF they're doing a BUYUDEN show!?

Bonk fucked around with this message at 11:03 on Dec 16, 2022

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Holy poo poo, Gold Class Stalker.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

This main event is insane. Shun and Kzy are maniacs.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Still thinking about that loving Avalanche destroyer onto the chairs Kzy hit, followed by Shimizu doing a big boy placha to the outside. What a crazy loving match. Natural Vibes are so good.

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)
Minorita is crazy over, put the Brave Gate belt on him, DG

Yoshioka in the post-match segment looked like he was trying his best not to corpse

As for Kzy/Shun, my head says HM but my heart says MOTYC, it just proves that Natural Vibes is the best faction. Also hope that some cracks appear in Z-Brats after BxB Hulk's botched interference and Shun's meltdown

Bonk
Aug 4, 2002

Douche Baggins
https://twitter.com/one_am_love/status/1604163258944204800
We now know the first DG Future Class of 2023 rookie (he delivered Ben-K's letter to Yuki). His name is Taiki Yanai, and I can't stop thinking we're about to get a Mochizuki Junior style reveal because he looks like he could be Kota Ibushi's secret son.

Just got around to watching Gate of Origin.
-They're making Fuda look good even if he's still losing all the time. He might be about due for a win.
-Really loved ISHIN being all Raven in the corner until he tried to steal a pin. He's been great lately.
-Ninja Mack's style feels like a weird clash - DG wrestlers flip as a functional part of their moves, Mack just flips whenever. His lucha sequence with Diamante was fun though.
-Almost forgot how silly Yoshida's 2000s Cyber Kong mask was. Between that, Gold Stalker, and Punch Shingo, the veteran jobbers were a lot of fun this week.
-I don't think Yoshioka's reign ends yet, but they could surprise me. Ben-K would be fine with a loss. What I'd really like to see is Ben & Minoura get the Twin Gate and Minorita to get Brave, so we could see Gold Class with all gold. Or failing that, the first ever Trios Twin Gate champs.
-Kzy and YO-HEY are tagging in NOAH for the GHC Jr. Tag belts, so it might be worth watching to see if 2-Belts Kzy becomes 3-Belts Kzy. Might as well send him to DDT and All Japan too.

edit: Added 12/17-12/19 free match links to the OP

Bonk fucked around with this message at 22:32 on Dec 20, 2022

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Full card for Final Gate is out.

📅December 25th
🏟Fukuoka Kokusai Center
📺Dragongate Network Live
🔗dragongate.live
🎙English Commentary
🔔17:00🇯🇵 - 3AM🇺🇸 - 12AM🇺🇸 - 8:00GMT

① 8 Man Tag Team Match
Kzy, Strong Machine J, Jason Lee, Jacky “Funky” Kamei vs. Masaaki Mochizuki, Susumu Mochizuki, Yasushi Kanda, Mochizuki Junior

② Tag Team Match
Yoshiki Kato, Kaito Nagano vs. Takashi Yoshida, Problem Dragon

③ Open the Brave Gate Championship Match
(Champion) H・Y・O vs. (Challenger) Minorita

④ LEC FUWARUN MASK 8 Man Tag Team Match
Ultimo Dragon , Dragon Kid , Dragon Dia, Bokutimo Dragon vs. Don Fujii, Genki Horiguchi, Eita, Ho Ho Lun

⑤ Special Singles Match
Kota Minoura vs. Diamante

⑥ Open the Triangle Gate Championship Match
(Champions) Shun Skywalker, KAI, ISHIN vs. (Challengers) Naruki Doi, Shuji Kondo, Toru Owashi

⑦ LEC Gekiochi-kun presents Shingo Takagi is Back! Tag Team Match
Shingo Takagi (New Japan Pro-Wrestling), B×B Hulk vs. YAMATO, Madoka Kikuta

⑧ Open the Dream Gate Championship Match
(Champion) Yuki Yoshioka vs. (Challenger) Ben-K

Bit of a weird card, but all a marquee matches they've been building to should be real good. But most important is the return of Bokutimo Dragon!

Bonk
Aug 4, 2002

Douche Baggins
NOAH N-Innovation spoiler: 3x Tag Belts Kzy BAYBEE :dance:

GAORA just posted the Yoshioka vs YAMATO match, for anyone who hasn't seen it.

Final Gate opener streams:
English/Japanese

MINORITAAAAAAAA

DG's Christmas gift to me is that I don't have to update any of my videos.

Bonk fucked around with this message at 13:03 on Dec 25, 2022

Bonk
Aug 4, 2002

Douche Baggins
Good as hell Final Gate.

Just throwing this out there for some feedback since we're at the end of the Big Five cycle: New Japan seems to be the only really active thread specific to a single puro promotion. So since this thread hasn't had a ton of engagement since Kobe World, and since DG has a reputation for being isolated from the rest of puro despite trying a lot harder to cross over this year, how would people ITT feel about reintegrating DG discussion back into the general Puroresu thread? GDTs would still be fine for the big events, but I'm going to be focusing more on my Youtube content in the coming year so I might not have as much time to maintain the OP, and it'd also be cool to potentially draw in new viewers who might not be checking this one. I don't really have a problem with keeping this one running, I just don't know if it's worth staying split off at this point.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

I’ve thought for a while merging Dragongate discussion back into the general puro thread would be more economical.

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice

Bonk posted:

Good as hell Final Gate.

Just throwing this out there for some feedback since we're at the end of the Big Five cycle: New Japan seems to be the only really active thread specific to a single puro promotion. So since this thread hasn't had a ton of engagement since Kobe World, and since DG has a reputation for being isolated from the rest of puro despite trying a lot harder to cross over this year, how would people ITT feel about reintegrating DG discussion back into the general Puroresu thread? GDTs would still be fine for the big events, but I'm going to be focusing more on my Youtube content in the coming year so I might not have as much time to maintain the OP, and it'd also be cool to potentially draw in new viewers who might not be checking this one. I don't really have a problem with keeping this one running, I just don't know if it's worth staying split off at this point.

You do you. Weirdly enough I started doing these threads YEARS ago and then I ended up podcasting instead lol

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)
I don't mind putting DG discussion back to the puro thread myself, but I did like the OP info (even as an active fan)

I liked Yoshioka vs Ben-K, need to rewatch the post-match angle with EN commentary though. It was a good showcase of Yoshioka's wits (I felt he prevailed by being the smarter wrestler, not by an all-out strength-for-strength contest), but also I think he's dropping the belt to Shun to cement a generational rivalry. If not, well then I'd like a Diamante challenge! He was one half of the team that took the Twin Gate belts from D'Courage anyway.

I must confess that I kinda wanted Ben-K to win if only to set up a rap battle match with Kzy (who was the guest commentator), whoops

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

I think Shun/Yoshioka is too big of a match to do at just a Korakuen or Champion Gate. I wouldn't be surprised if they do an angle where mastermind Shun sends Diamante and/or Hulk after Yuki to "soften him up" for an eventual match at DoA.

Bonk
Aug 4, 2002

Douche Baggins
OK, I think I'll move updates to the puro thread after the new year, since we've got the "Season Finale" Kobe show tonight.

Speaking of which:

■6-Man: (Vibes) Kzy/Shimizu/SMJ vs (KFM) JFK/Jason/HHL
■Ultimo Dragon 1 Match Trial Series Finale: Ultimo Dragon vs Konomama Ichikawa
■8-Man: YAMATO/DKid/Yoshida/Mondai vs Fuda/Junior/Nagano/Kato
■6-Man: OG-M2K vs Genki/Shachi/Punch
■Tag: Doi/Eita vs Fujii/Kondo
■6-Man: Gold Class vs KAI/BxB/HYO
■6-Man: D'courage vs Shun/Diamante/ISHIN

Dimebags Brain posted:

I think Shun/Yoshioka is too big of a match to do at just a Korakuen or Champion Gate. I wouldn't be surprised if they do an angle where mastermind Shun sends Diamante and/or Hulk after Yuki to "soften him up" for an eventual match at DoA.
It could work as a Memorial Gate main. Until then we've still got potential former champion matches with Hulk, Saito, and Don, which could just be 10 minutes each at minor shows if they wanted Yuki to do the full sweep, and maybe Susumu at Champion Gate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bonk
Aug 4, 2002

Douche Baggins
Oh dang, stuff happening at the season finale!

Let's wrap it up, DGailures, and head over to the puro thread. I made a post and everything. :haw:

Bonk fucked around with this message at 17:17 on Dec 29, 2022