Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nairbo
Jan 2, 2005
Problem RGB issue on ARGB fans. The fans spin just fine daisy chained together but aren’t lighting up. The ARGB connections are daisy chained and connected to the ARGB 5v header (I double checked the right header). If only one is connected directly to the ARGB header, that fan will light up a solid red or yellow but doesn’t show up in Asus' Armory Crate software and it doesn't respond to any colour changes in the software. This is the same situation for any of the 3 fans if hooked up individually - the RGB turns "on" but is never recognized by the software.

Attempted fixes Tried changing the order of the daisy chain, tried plugging in only one fan. When I plug in one fan, it sorta works but it's a solid red light and isn't picked up in Armory. Once I re-daisy chain it, both the original and the new light go out. I’ve also tried resetting my bios, updated the bios and turned off/on Aura in the BIOS.

Operating system: Windows 11 x64 but the RGB either works or it doesn't work before Windows even loads.

System specs: Asus X570 Tuf Gaming Pro w/ 2 RGB headers (not used) and 1 5v ARGB header (the one I'm using). 32GB DDR4 Corsair RAM, 850W PSU, RTX 3080 FTW3. So far as I can tell, neither the PSU nor the individual header are being overwhelmed based on specs. The fans in question are Arctic P12 ARGB fans, same as here: https://pcpartpicker.com/product/FQ6p99/arctic-p12-pst-a-rgb-0db-488-cfm-120-mm-fans-3-pack-acfan00232a

Googled Yeah and I've searched reddit + other forums to no avail. Most of the results aren't as specific as this or the user didn't actually plug in the ARGB header.

Edit: Tried the P12 ARGB fans on a different computer, into its respective ARGB header, and the fans function fine. Daisy chain works, light control works on that mobo. Looks like the issue is definitely either the hardware or software for the Asus motherboard.

Nairbo fucked around with this message at 22:17 on Aug 15, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU