Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

The dialectical struggle of history has always, essentially, been a question of how to apply justice to matter. Take away matter and what remains is justice.
This is a callout post for the harms done by Smythe. I'm sure that he has no clue of what I've said, but from now on, I'm posting pictures of him at the park or at a party with a caption of "This rear end in a top hat tried to play like a nice guy with me, and I ate his rear end." I'll post more at the end of my trip, when I have some time off from caring for him. See, he only said it because he knew I wouldn't post something bad on the internet, and now that I'm letting my anger out, he's trying to be nice.

I can't wait for him to be a useless in his future job, like no one likes to work for a jerk that acts like a jerk.

Not posting on Twitter. Those that don't know are posting on Facebook with links. Just another horrible person, abusing the power of the Internet to hurt others.

Bad post.

Let's see how much this obnoxious loser gets called out on a bad post on Twitter...

Bad post.

Can't keep posting "bad posts" when I do good things. Bad post.

He's going to give me nightmares. No no. Bad post.

Oh, another bad post...

Well, his behavior hasn't done anything except spread negativity and leave a bad taste in my mouth.

Hope he's around to post even more stupid crap to annoy people like me.

Stupid jerk.

I'm sure I'll post something bad soon enough.

Nah.

Not posting any more "bad posts" to these assholes on Twitter. If they're such bad people, then I don't have to give them attention. What I posted was awful, but I'm allowed to write that. That's the only reason that they get attention, to use these things for bad things.

How many more posts can I do about the poo poo they do? Bad post.

I have a bad feeling about this. Bad post.

I'm sure I'll have enough time to post some more pictures of guys who are bad on the Internet. Bad post.

Didn't see him around for a bit, so I'll post something horrible about him. Bad post.

I wish he was here...

Uh oh. Did he see me? Bad post.

The worst, though. What an rear end in a top hat!

Still no comment from this guy.

No, but that's okay.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

The dialectical struggle of history has always, essentially, been a question of how to apply justice to matter. Take away matter and what remains is justice.
Trump met with Joe Biden this week in New York. Trump told NBC News this would be an “honour” to serve as president and both would be good presidents. Trump also met with former Vice President Joe Biden this week in New York.

NBC’s First Read: Why Donald Trump can’t dismiss Joe Biden

Trump didn’t shy away from telling MSNBC’s Joe Scarborough Thursday afternoon about his meeting with Biden, adding that he was optimistic about both his administration and Biden’s.

He said the two discussed everything from health care, to their families, to former President Barack Obama, and that Biden was “like a rock” to him. “Joe is terrific. He is terrific,” Trump told MSNBC’s Joe Scarborough.

He said Biden is “going to make a great president,” but dismissed a potential run by the vice president.

“I don’t think he’d be that good. I don’t think he’d make it,” Trump said. “I think he’d make a great president but he won’t be able to get the votes.”

The Brief Newsletter Sign up to receive the top stories you need to know right now. View Sample Sign Up Now

Write to Alana Abramson at alana.abramson@time.com.

This is a breaking news story. Please check back for updates.

MLSM
Apr 3, 2021

by Azathoth
What

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

What kind of training did she do before her first engagement?

Was it a very rigorous program?

LS: The drill instructor was much more angry than I was.

I felt that they were definitely making me into someone who I wasn't, and I don't know if it was because of the "Boot Camp" routine that they put me through or because they thought, "She's the Jewish girl, so we'll use this for maximum harassment."

But I felt like I was being made into something that I'm not.

Once I graduated from school and was discharged, I was put on Active Duty, and my first drill instructor I remember very clearly, for reasons that are probably pretty obvious - he was just very particular and he made my life hell.

It didn't matter what I did, I couldn't measure up.

But, anyway, my first real boss who hired me as an interpreter was James Breckman.

And he was very tolerant and very nice to me and all those things, but I was not the person he was expecting.

And he didn't know I was an interpreter.

He thought I was going to be some kind of administrative assistant.

And when I came on the scene, it was just very obvious that there was a problem.

And he was kind of always very nice to me, because I didn't do anything wrong - that's why he hired me - but it was very clear that it was not the role he wanted.

And he was just a very, very pleasant guy, but I never could measure up.

And he was a wonderful man, just as pleasant as could be, and it really, really broke my heart.

Then I worked for him for about six months and then moved on.

And at that time, I was not even technically on Active Duty, I was still a reservist, I think I was on the Reserve Officer Training Corps [ROTC] program.

And the Army has, again, a very, very harsh process when it comes to things like that.

I just was not good enough for them.

And so they fired me.

I have no idea what they said, because I was a reservist at the time.

But I felt pretty bad about it.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
found this thread namesearching myself :tipshat:

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
gas

Honky Mao
Dec 26, 2012

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

Gleichheit soll gedeihen
voted 5 i actually like this poo poo

Jabberlock
Nov 29, 2014

Smythe posted:

jeez i think you really messed the op up

TheSlutPit
Dec 26, 2009

tokin opposition posted:

This is a callout post for the harms done by Smythe. I'm sure that he has no clue of what I've said, but from now on, I'm posting pictures of him at the park or at a party with a caption of "This rear end in a top hat tried to play like a nice guy with me, and I ate his rear end." I'll post more at the end of my trip, when I have some time off from caring for him. See, he only said it because he knew I wouldn't post something bad on the internet, and now that I'm letting my anger out, he's trying to be nice.

I can't wait for him to be a useless in his future job, like no one likes to work for a jerk that acts like a jerk.

Not posting on Twitter. Those that don't know are posting on Facebook with links. Just another horrible person, abusing the power of the Internet to hurt others.

Bad post.

Let's see how much this obnoxious loser gets called out on a bad post on Twitter...

Bad post.

Can't keep posting "bad posts" when I do good things. Bad post.

He's going to give me nightmares. No no. Bad post.

Oh, another bad post...

Well, his behavior hasn't done anything except spread negativity and leave a bad taste in my mouth.

Hope he's around to post even more stupid crap to annoy people like me.

Stupid jerk.

I'm sure I'll post something bad soon enough.

Nah.

Not posting any more "bad posts" to these assholes on Twitter. If they're such bad people, then I don't have to give them attention. What I posted was awful, but I'm allowed to write that. That's the only reason that they get attention, to use these things for bad things.

How many more posts can I do about the poo poo they do? Bad post.

I have a bad feeling about this. Bad post.

I'm sure I'll have enough time to post some more pictures of guys who are bad on the Internet. Bad post.

Didn't see him around for a bit, so I'll post something horrible about him. Bad post.

I wish he was here...

Uh oh. Did he see me? Bad post.

The worst, though. What an rear end in a top hat!

Still no comment from this guy.

No, but that's okay.

It’s like a Rorschach test but the computer is the patient and your posting is the superego

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

TheSlutPit posted:

It’s like a Rorschach test but the computer is the patient and your posting is the superego

Actually there's a long history of trying to understand how computers can embody psychological processes. Issac Asimov's book series I, Robot I Robot is one of a number of books I like to read. I also know quite the many interesting historical pieces within the scientific field of AI that I enjoy reading. I have tried to get back into the archives of my academic research. While my current research has been through a lot, there is still a lot still to be learned. Here is my list of my most-read material and my current list of books on the subject:

1) The AI's Will (2012)

I have read many short fiction by AI researchers on the topic of artificial intelligence. Some of these work as well as some are really impressive and do not disappoint. My list is not exhaustive so you should consider yourself lucky to get to read this great sci-fi novel.

Most AI research papers I have read that deal with how computers can achieve real-world behavior seem to be pretty short in length. For this post, I used the recent work of Richard Dostoyevsky who is known as the most well-known director of AI research in the world and his book is one of my favorites.

2) Intelligent, Optimized (2011)

In the past, I have read about how computer algorithms can be programmed to avoid most natural hazards such as high blood pressure, low cholesterol and other harmful health health conditions. This paper

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

Smythe posted:

Name searching is for cowards. The truth is that they all see themselves as cowards, and that they must be defeated.
A little too much is certainly true when it comes to that "evil" and I have some problems with that. There's very little reason to believe "the cows were a bad thing"; I don't feel this way. I did feel the same way in "O'Bannon", when Ted Bundy attempted to speak against the "bad" and the evil man for saying "God has no power over the United States of America" or any of his previous actions. I feel like the whole purpose of our state is to create some kind of anti-American bigotry so that the rich and powerful can control the rest of America . . . it didn't work in that case. I don't think the moral of the piece should be questioned with respect to the evils they have done. You can be either a "good" man or not.
As part of the conversation with the man that I was in, I had an interesting conversation with him about how one can't be an unbiased observer at the same time, even if you were in a position to help and assist him. "You're right, that's the kind of thinking that's often used...that "good folks" do this to the poor who are poor, but they all know that "bad folks" have bad intentions

TheSlutPit
Dec 26, 2009

postmodern glossolalia

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

As the meme says,
I ain't reading all that
I'm happy for u tho
Or sorry that happened

TheSlutPit
Dec 26, 2009

Postmodern glossolallia hides in every puddle, on every ledge and every bridge, in every alley, in every building, and in every crowd of people, all in the name of providing an imaginary sense of security.

Now before I go further I want to ask you a question: how many of you saw a terrorist lurking in that crowd of people before we started throwing ourselves at those particular people?

How many of you saw them, read about them, or even heard about them before we started leaping at any brown person in the vicinity?

No?

Me either.

Those are the same brown people we’re currently using to justify our gun-crazy, black-hating, suburban police state.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheSlutPit
Dec 26, 2009

This AI is smarter than most posters here lol