Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH
love a good 'pet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

Suspect A posted:

Lol wtf is a muppet, old man

Genesplicer
Oct 19, 2002

I give your invention the worst grade imaginable: An A-minus-minus!

Total Clam
Several years ago I had a student who had major... issues. Part of his therapy was that he carried stuffed animals with him. He had this exact Kermit, and every time I saw him with it, I though of this picture.

Mustached5thGrader
Oct 1, 2011

My mother won't let me grow a goatee.
Muppets are like Tarzan. We don’t need new things about them

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/eshynes/status/1394715303163142145

Charles Grodin owned and you're a fool if you're not at least a little in love with Miss Piggy

Genesplicer
Oct 19, 2002

I give your invention the worst grade imaginable: An A-minus-minus!

Total Clam
Frank Oz was asked if there was a difference between the way he handled Miss Piggy and Yoda.

He said "Miss Piggy is performing, but Yoda, that is acting."

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler
Its Muppet Christmas Carol season yall :)

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

sound on :yosbutt:

https://i.imgur.com/dsxELPK.mp4

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

The Muppets rule and the fact that Disney doesn't seem to know what to do with them shows how creatively bankrupt that company is right now.

The episode of the Muppet Show with Vincent Price is one of the greatest things I've ever seen in my life and I watch it every October to get in the spooky mood.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

huge bird

naem
May 29, 2011

sometimes when life gets me down, especially when I’m going through stressful situations, I behave like a character in a really over the top idealistic naive tv show, like a muppet basically

I can get to a point where I hear the happy theme music in the background

I’m doing it ironically and only to entertain myself but it works

Thesaurus
Oct 3, 2004

did anyone else grow up listening to the John Denver and the Muppets Christmas album? It's good!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DuEzaMzaSHU

I also just found out that they made another special/album with John Denver about going camping in the rocky mountains.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f2ec4jaG2MY

Very wholesome!

naem
May 29, 2011

I wonder what a mid- 2010’s version of sesame street/muppets would have looked like, like an original show with a similar theme

like a similar progressive, positive, educational show only instead of 70’s fashion and music it would be man-buns and hipster beards and ladies in really big hats and tight pants and oversized sunglasses

probably a lot more ukuleles and recycled pallet wood

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

MrQwerty posted:

Jim Henson was a king of craft

muppets riding bicycles is the greatest special effect in the history of cinema

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

naem posted:

I wonder what a mid- 2010’s version of sesame street/muppets would have looked like, like an original show with a similar theme

like a similar progressive, positive, educational show only instead of 70’s fashion and music it would be man-buns and hipster beards and ladies in really big hats and tight pants and oversized sunglasses

probably a lot more ukuleles and recycled pallet wood

not far off :3:

https://youtu.be/fZ9WiuJPnNA

IBroughttheFunk
Sep 28, 2012

Dixville posted:

Hell yeah! Also time for other Muppet Christmas specials as well. One of my favorites to this very day is Christmas Eve on Sesame Street, which has a lot of good bits but my favorite by far is right in the beginning where due to a game at the skating rink gone wrong, Oscar the Grouch accidentally gets thrown. It's just several seconds of the puppet bouncing down several flights of stairs with his dead legs flopping around, interspersed with him crashing through several inexplicable walls. It's so stupid and also weirdly violent considering the show, and it's still one of the funniest goddamn things.

https://twitter.com/historymuppet/status/1466775984032649223?lang=en

IBroughttheFunk fucked around with this message at 19:22 on Dec 7, 2022

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

A skating rink on the top floor? Must have hired the same architect that designed the Iron Keep back in Drangleic.

IBroughttheFunk
Sep 28, 2012
Yeah, the entire scene raises a lot of architectural questions.

Sex Farm
Nov 17, 2017

Yipyip aliens are S tier muppets also cookie monster issneakily underrated. Love him trying to get cookies at the library

Shame we never got the muppets/mr.dressup crossover everyone wanted

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
https://ew.com/movies/brett-goldstein-making-muppet-christmas-carol-30th-anniversary-interview/

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Ror posted:

muppets riding bicycles is the greatest special effect in the history of cinema

There is a quote from one of the muppeteers that goes along the lines of:

"People are always impressed by how we made the muppets ride bicycles. But that was just some cranes, and rods etc. Nobody ever cares how we got a dozen puppeteers, and a full crew inside a moving car to film and perform."

And whilst I dont have a picture of that, here are some others that show how hard they worked on the filming of the movies/TV show.

Cassette Moodcore
May 4, 2022

Dixville posted:

Remulak
Jun 8, 2001
I can't count to four.
Yams Fan
Lol, one time I was on the Disney lot and saw a Muppet car, so I did the Big No-No and pretended to go the wrong direction to saunter by it and look inside. Totally fake car, just a shell with no floor and some horizontal bars holding it together.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Entorwellian
Jun 30, 2006

Northern Flicker
Anna's Hummingbird

Sorry, but the people have spoken.

When I first heard "Down in it" by Nine Inch Nails, I thought he was singing "I was on the Muppets, now I'm down in it." Imagine my disappointment when I find out that was not what he was singing about.