Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bossy lady
Jul 9, 1983

I got a big ol' stack of iphones and android devices and they all give me agita.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

bossy lady posted:

I got a big ol' stack of iphones and android devices and they all give me agita.

Maybe try using them individually?

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017

LuckyCat posted:

Meaning she has an iPhone but if you have one she won’t date you??

not sure. I think I got that mixed up.

other iphone users texts actually show up as blue, I think. See, I don't own an iphone and it's showing.

Edgar Allan Pwned
Apr 4, 2011

Quoth the Raven "I love the power glove. It's so bad..."
i interpret apple as a luxury company and im not into "luxury". personally i play morse code on my boi toys prostate which he then writes down and gives to a bird to interpretively dance in spanish.

bossy lady
Jul 9, 1983

CaptainSarcastic posted:

Maybe try using them individually?

if I could, I would my friend

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Why would my eye need a phone

fucken idiots all around me

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

Comfy Fleece Sweater posted:

Why would my eye need a phone

uh, for a video call obviously :confused:

Denim Dude
Feb 21, 2006
I suggest tree

Waltzing Along posted:

I mean seriously. It sucks poo poo. Just super LOL at anyone who actively chooses an iphone over an android.

I just spent hours trying to get some music on an iphone. Without using itunes. Took a while and I eventually got the music on there. But the iphone music player couldn't see it.

I then spent less than 5 minutes doing the same thing on my android and it worked perfectly.

Iphone sucks poo poo.

When I had an Iphone I used https://www.copytrans.net/copytransmanager/ op.

Edit: Don't download the installer. Its just a front end to download all their other poo poo. Scroll down and grab copytrans manger itself.

Edit2: you may or may not need the driver installer. https://www.copytrans.net/support/install-iphone-ipod-touch-and-ipad-drivers-without-installing-itunes/

Denim Dude fucked around with this message at 03:05 on Sep 8, 2022

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

Denim Dude posted:

When I had an Iphone I used https://www.copytrans.net/copytransmanager/ op.

Edit: Don't download the installer. Its just a front end to download all their other poo poo. Scroll down and grab copytrans manger itself.

Edit2: you may or may not need the driver installer. https://www.copytrans.net/support/install-iphone-ipod-touch-and-ipad-drivers-without-installing-itunes/

Oh yeah lets install another app to do something every other non-apple computer in the world can do without an app. This definitely redeems apple phones!

Lord Decimus Barnacle
Jun 25, 2005

Hell Gem
I can’t wait till musk makes a phone for us

Denim Dude
Feb 21, 2006
I suggest tree

satanic splash-back posted:

Oh yeah lets install another app to do something every other non-apple computer in the world can do without an app. This definitely redeems apple phones!

LOL why the gently caress do you think i'm trying to redeem apple iphones? just giving the op some advice if for whatever reason he REALLY doesn't want itunes on his computer.

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

Dynamic Island lmao

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.
My rule of thumb with iPhones is to only upgrade them when the one you currently have falls off the iOS update eligibility list. 4-6 years generally gives Apple enough time to accumulate improvements that justify the cost; they (and all smart phone manufacturers if I’m being honest) certainly don’t know how to wow me with novelty anymore, so I just use that standard and it works alright.

Example, iPhone 14. Lots of improvements here and there (in the Pro/Pro Max line specifically. I swear the 14 and Plus models are all the leftover 13s carriers couldn’t give away as part of plan upgrade offers, stuck in new cases), but they also have some fundamental issues that scream “Skip me!”. 128gb entry level hdd on a thousand dollar phone with a 48 megapixel camera and no option to slot in additional storage? Still haven’t figured out usb-c? They need to learn to skip a year when their ideas aren’t fully baked.

Then my experience with intentional Android users (as opposed to people who got them free with their carrier’s contract) is that they like fussing with poo poo. It’s really important that your phone gives you the option to tweak everything, endlessly, forever. Just buy a fidget cube, goddamn.

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

Denim Dude posted:

LOL why the gently caress do you think i'm trying to redeem apple iphones? just giving the op some advice if for whatever reason he REALLY doesn't want itunes on his computer.

Where in my post does it say this? Why do you assume a post mocking apple phones is a direct shot against you? Why does making fun of apple do this to people? Nobody cares if you make fun of Android phones.

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

I never get the last word, and it makes me very sad.

mysterious frankie posted:

Example, iPhone 14. Lots of improvements here and there (in the Pro/Pro Max line specifically. I swear the 14 and Plus models are all the leftover 13s carriers couldn’t give away as part of plan upgrade offers, stuck in new cases), but they also have some fundamental issues that scream “Skip me!”. 128gb entry level hdd on a thousand dollar phone with a 48 megapixel camera and no option to slot in additional storage? Still haven’t figured out usb-c? They need to learn to skip a year when their ideas aren’t fully baked.

You know you're old when you still think about storage capacity on your device. I haven't thought about my cellphone's storage in years and it's never been a problem, but that was because I made a conscious decision to just let the cloud penetrate me. Give up old man, you shouldn't be making hour long 4k videos on your cellphone anyway.

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017

Lord Decimus Barnacle posted:

I can’t wait till musk makes a phone for us

it'll probably kill kids and lock the user in a burning room and I'm here for it.

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.

pnumoman posted:

You know you're old when you still think about storage capacity on your device. I haven't thought about my cellphone's storage in years and it's never been a problem, but that was because I made a conscious decision to just let the cloud penetrate me. Give up old man, you shouldn't be making hour long 4k videos on your cellphone anyway.

Video recordings? Pictures? Feh, that’s social animal stuff. I don’t leave the house without at least 200 gigs of bullshit music stored on my person. The only thing that steadies my nerves is knowing that, no matter how collapsy the infrastructure gets while I’m out, I could put on a Flying Saucer Attack or Lumerians record with limited issue.

Denim Dude
Feb 21, 2006
I suggest tree

satanic splash-back posted:

Where in my post does it say this? Why do you assume a post mocking apple phones is a direct shot against you? Why does making fun of apple do this to people? Nobody cares if you make fun of Android phones.

I dont know I read your post again and it still seems like you think I'm trying to stan for apple when I was just trying to give op some advice. Anyways I haven't had an Iphone since my iPhone 4 broke. Currently rocking a galaxy s10e which I really like.

Maybe I misread your post oh well no worries either way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

Just lol if you don't own an Android and miss out on getting the best apps ever created until Google goes 'lol, nah' and yanks them away from you.

RIP Inbox
RIP Google Music