Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009
OP, are you playing Total War: Warhammer 3 because you have the other two and figured, hey, might as well get the third one and play it in Immortal Empires mode, or are you playing just Warhammer 3?

I'm judging you either way, though. One of those is, goddamn, a big pile of sunk money in the true Warhammer spirit. But the other on its own just can't be justified at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

It's true.

olives black
Nov 24, 2017

LENIN.
STILL.
WON'T.
FUCK.
ME.
Linux actually runs more games than Mac through the magic of Proton now

gently caress is this poo poo op

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!
People won't make games for Macs because Mac users only use their computers for audio production, video production, writing reports, and stock trading.

olives black
Nov 24, 2017

LENIN.
STILL.
WON'T.
FUCK.
ME.

JediTalentAgent posted:

People won't make games for Macs because Mac users only use their computers for audio production, video production, writing reports, and stock trading.

and it's fine for all of those things. macs are basically just running a locked-down hack of freebsd that makes sure that that cateogry of programs works without constant configuration dickery that you don't have time for if your job is to bang on media timelines all day

olives black fucked around with this message at 04:42 on Aug 27, 2022

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

JediTalentAgent posted:

or maybe, just maybe, because it’s a tiny market compared to consoles, phones, and windows pcs

Scam Likely
Feb 19, 2021

Valko posted:

Mac*Surname* is Scottish.

So you're telling me that the fancy Scottish restaurant I've been getting Fish Delights at is actually Irish cuisine?

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

Bad Purchase posted:

or maybe, just maybe, because it’s a tiny market compared to consoles, phones, and windows pcs

maybe people don't want to spend $1,000 for a monitor stand, either.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

McDonald's and MacDonald's have been bitterly feuding for centuries, but ultimately both are subjects of the Burger King

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

Waffle! posted:

maybe people don't want to spend $1,000 for a monitor stand, either.

yeah, you're right, that's probably the reason the witcher 3 was not ported to mac. CDPR was gonna do it, but they didn't want to shell out for the mandatory monitor stands.

Canine Blues Arooo
Jan 7, 2008

when you think about it...i'm the first girl you ever spent the night with

Grimey Drawer

Bad Purchase posted:

It's actually because the tooling and processes around Mac loving suck. Apple purposely sabotages their poo poo or makes you take it up the rear end something fierce. Wanna make a game? Hope you are willing to get in bed with Metal. Also, the API might just change because the ghost of Jobs demands it. Also, your OS-level tooling all sucks. Also, Apple will make it super inconvenient to release anything on any of their platforms.

The platform sucks balls

Scam Likely
Feb 19, 2021

Bad Purchase posted:

McDonald's and MacDonald's have been bitterly feuding for centuries, but ultimately both are subjects of the Burger King

The fast food culinary scene owe's a great deal to the Austro-Hungarian Burger Kingdom for conquering both Ireland and Scotland during the battle of Sodacourt with the aid of the Hungryman Empire.

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

Actually OP Linux is the past, present and future of gaming and who controls the past controls the future and who controls the present controls the past.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

Canine Blues Arooo posted:

It's actually because the tooling and processes around Mac loving suck. Apple purposely sabotages their poo poo or makes you take it up the rear end something fierce. Wanna make a game? Hope you are willing to get in bed with Metal. Also, the API might just change because the ghost of Jobs demands it. Also, your OS-level tooling all sucks. Also, Apple will make it super inconvenient to release anything on any of their platforms.

The platform sucks balls

depends on what tooling you mean, there are plenty of big and small engines with native mac support. if you're trying to port something that's tied really deep to direct x or vulkan, then yeah, it might be a pain. you pretty much have to decide up front when you start a project if you want to support mac or not, and most game studios aren't gonna go out of their way to do it because it's a small market, not because they can't figure out how to do it.

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

paper glider was legit a better game than 90% of the poo poo released today so i'm inclined to agree

olives black
Nov 24, 2017

LENIN.
STILL.
WON'T.
FUCK.
ME.

Sophy Wackles posted:

Actually OP Linux is the past, present and future of gaming and who controls the past controls the future and who controls the present controls the past.

i legit hope that gabe newell's investments in linux gaming pay off and give windows a nice kick in the balls. proton already rocks hardcore

Scam Likely
Feb 19, 2021

Bad Purchase posted:

Where does Wendy fit into all of this?

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

Scam Likely posted:

So you're telling me that the fancy Scottish restaurant I've been getting Fish Delights at is actually Irish cuisine?

What?

What do you call a Scottish anal enthusianst?
Phil McCracken.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

Scam Likely posted:

Where does Wendy fit into all of this?

sent to the tower

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

Apple not supporting the Vulkan graphics API is such a stinky turd in the video game hot tub

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
How many cores u got op

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Brrrmph posted:

Mac and Me

This film was written and directed by a Mac Powerbook G3 that was hit by lightening and became sentient.

After the abysmal reviews it never wrote or directed again.

:(

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Glider went Pro with version 4.0.

Stryder
Oct 3, 2002
The only Mac game I need.

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
loving quarks.

Lord Decimus Barnacle
Jun 25, 2005

Hell Gem
Should I buy a Mac?

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

Lord Decimus Barnacle posted:

Should I buy a Mac?

Only if it’s beige

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

Lord Decimus Barnacle posted:

Should I buy a Mac?
Bigger Mac

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

mad macs

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jxqVlmjmguE

Lord Decimus Barnacle
Jun 25, 2005

Hell Gem
As long as it can play Diablo 2 , that’s all that matters to me!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Have a soul with an iPad discount.