Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Allie

if you have a question that needs answering, post it here: the thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Allie

you ever wake up in the morning and find your pillow covered in straw. and then you look at your clothes and see they're covered in straw too. and you go to the bathroom to freshen up and get ready for the day and all the strands of hair on your head have been replaced with straw. can someone please explain to me how this could've happened??

Heather Papps

hello friend

Allie posted:

you ever wake up in the morning and find your pillow covered in straw. and then you look at your clothes and see they're covered in straw too. and you go to the bathroom to freshen up and get ready for the day and all the strands of hair on your head have been replaced with straw. can someone please explain to me how this could've happened??

ur a scarecrow that had a powerful long dream of being a human now get in the field.

thanks Dumb Sex-Parrot and deep dish peat moss for this winter bounty!

Heather Papps

hello friend

now that that is out of the way, WHERE ARE MY GOD DAMNED KEYS

biosterous

a question that needs asking, of everyone: can you draw a dragon?

thank you saoshyant for this sig!!!
gallery of sigs

he/him

nesamdoom

nesaM killed Masen

biosterous posted:

a question that needs asking, of everyone: can you draw a dragon?

Kinda.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-bNC04Tm1Y4

https://i.imgur.com/1qBoiAi.mp4

Manifisto - 2023,rear end-penny - 2023,Saoshyant - 2023,Pot Smoke Phoenix - 2022,Pot Smoke Phoenix - 2022,Manifisto - 2018,Pot Smoke Phoenix - 2021
kitten riot

lol

Allie posted:

if you dream of straw you will manifest it OP

kitten riot

lol
question: do people who speak more than one language alternate when they think about things?? like what language is their inner monologue i must know.

doritto

who would win in a no holds barred cage match WITH any inventions allowed as well, jimmy neutron or dexter?

Allie

kitten riot posted:

if you dream of straw you will manifest it OP

i try to self actualize daily and straw is what i become?? why must the universe be so cruel

biosterous

:haibrower:

gallery of sigs

he/him

teen witch

kitten riot posted:

question: do people who speak more than one language alternate when they think about things?? like what language is their inner monologue i must know.

it took a while but yea, it’ll switch and sometimes I’ll forget what a word is in English, which is sort of weird. I mostly dream and inner monologue in English but if like I’m looking for something specific in a store for instance, it’s Swedish.

it’s kind of this automatic thing at this point. I wish my switching was a bit more refined but at this point, both languages are integrated weirdly into my being that fine, whatever. Swedish itself will sometimes just jump into English nbd and that’s normal conversationally here.

what’s funny is that my accent in English neutralizes a bit more in Sweden, until I’m around other English as a first language speakers. then, I slowly transform into Fran Drescher. I have an accent in Swedish as well, but I can’t tell myself. I can however identify other Swedish accents.

teen witch
my question: for me it’s tofu. What food can you eat sans seasoning or flavoring? grab outta the pack and chomp.

Nosfereefer

IF YOU FIND THIS POSTER OUTSIDE BYOB, PLEASE RETURN THEM. WE ARE VERY WORRIED AND WE MISS THEM

teen witch posted:

my question: for me it’s tofu. What food can you eat sans seasoning or flavoring? grab outta the pack and chomp.

raw potatoes. eat them like apples, screw the cops

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Nosfereefer

IF YOU FIND THIS POSTER OUTSIDE BYOB, PLEASE RETURN THEM. WE ARE VERY WORRIED AND WE MISS THEM
now, what's the deal w/ airplane food?

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Robot Made of Meat

teen witch posted:

it took a while but yea, it’ll switch and sometimes I’ll forget what a word is in English, which is sort of weird. I mostly dream and inner monologue in English but if like I’m looking for something specific in a store for instance, it’s Swedish.

it’s kind of this automatic thing at this point. I wish my switching was a bit more refined but at this point, both languages are integrated weirdly into my being that fine, whatever. Swedish itself will sometimes just jump into English nbd and that’s normal conversationally here.

what’s funny is that my accent in English neutralizes a bit more in Sweden, until I’m around other English as a first language speakers. then, I slowly transform into Fran Drescher. I have an accent in Swedish as well, but I can’t tell myself. I can however identify other Swedish accents.

Thanks for this. It's an interesting answer.

It would be more interesting if we found out that you don't actually speak Swedish.

Thanks to Manifisto for the sig!

teen witch

Robot Made of Meat posted:

Thanks for this. It's an interesting answer.

It would be more interesting if we found out that you don't actually speak Swedish.

unfortunately I do

biosterous

Nosfereefer posted:

now, what's the deal w/ airplane food?

basically, capitalism

gallery of sigs

he/him

kitten riot

lol

teen witch posted:

oh wow this is so interesting, i assumed it would've been the mother tongue that the inner monologue is in but thats really cool. i spoke to my friend who's native language is french and he said that his inner monologue is mostly in french but he alternates depending on what hes thinking about that he switches to english.

xcheopis

kitten riot posted:

oh wow this is so interesting, i assumed it would've been the mother tongue that the inner monologue is in but thats really cool. i spoke to my friend who's native language is french and he said that his inner monologue is mostly in french but he alternates depending on what hes thinking about that he switches to english.

One of my childhood books was When Hitler Stole Pink Rabbit , in which a little girl's family flees to France and she begins attending school there. At one point she realises that she's beginning to think in French, which improves her fluency.

nut

what that thing do

nesamdoom

nesaM killed Masen

nut posted:

what that thing do

it goes in geocaches and people scan the qr when they find it and then move it to a different cache. if you were asking about the thing on my desk I still have 8 years later because I never remember to bring it anywhere I could drop it.

Is the sun hot or spicy hot?

Manifisto - 2023,rear end-penny - 2023,Saoshyant - 2023,Pot Smoke Phoenix - 2022,Pot Smoke Phoenix - 2022,Manifisto - 2018,Pot Smoke Phoenix - 2021
Chewbecca

Just chillin' : )
What are we? :frogbon:

Thanks to Heather Papps for sweet sig, click for more hot lady action

sigs by luvcow and Khanstant.
Click on Spoonville for a neat surprise

(┛◉Д◉)┛彡┻━┻ #YesNutNovember - add this to your sig if you love and support BYOB's own nut

Manifisto

nesamdoom posted:

it goes in geocaches and people scan the qr when they find it and then move it to a different cache. if you were asking about the thing on my desk I still have 8 years later because I never remember to bring it anywhere I could drop it.

oh hey geocaching buddy! :rznv::hf::rznv:

ty nesamdoom!

Finger Prince

What differentiates sauce from condiment? What about hummus?

xcheopis

Finger Prince posted:

What differentiates sauce from condiment? What about hummus?

Sauce is something young people exhibit to their elders, while condiments were the worst idea Altoids ever had.

nesamdoom

nesaM killed Masen

Manifisto posted:

oh hey geocaching buddy! :rznv::hf::rznv:

High five cache buddy.
I saw it on something a long time ago and wife and I have had a lot of fun and seen some really cool stuff. Great way to find cool little spots when we go places. We got stopped once by the cops like a block from this little display park and the cops were decent enough considering I was drunk as gently caress and trying to explain from the passanger seat. they'd never heard of geocaching so I prob sounded dumb saying I was looking for a hidden thing to sign. They had to ask if it was like a game with my friends and I explained its a huge thing. they left it at that and just asked why the car smelled like beer and I was a bit wet from shotgunning so they didn't know i had a ride along. Anyways, some of my fave spots I've ever been were from ppl putting a tag. The travelbug I have is actually supposed to go to GAG sometime when I get some stuff and wanna send a manilla(actually close since I found a couple places with local stuff to include).
If you ever are round the central midwest area and a cache has a bottlecap it might be from me. I do that anywhere where i get to have a beer while searching.

Heather Papps

hello friend

xcheopis posted:

Sauce is something young people exhibit to their elders, while condiments were the worst idea Altoids ever had.

this post made me exhale deeply from my nose, which is almost better than a laugh

Manifisto

nesamdoom posted:

High five cache buddy.
I saw it on something a long time ago and wife and I have had a lot of fun and seen some really cool stuff. Great way to find cool little spots when we go places. We got stopped once by the cops like a block from this little display park and the cops were decent enough considering I was drunk as gently caress and trying to explain from the passanger seat. they'd never heard of geocaching so I prob sounded dumb saying I was looking for a hidden thing to sign. They had to ask if it was like a game with my friends and I explained its a huge thing. they left it at that and just asked why the car smelled like beer and I was a bit wet from shotgunning so they didn't know i had a ride along. Anyways, some of my fave spots I've ever been were from ppl putting a tag. The travelbug I have is actually supposed to go to GAG sometime when I get some stuff and wanna send a manilla(actually close since I found a couple places with local stuff to include).
If you ever are round the central midwest area and a cache has a bottlecap it might be from me. I do that anywhere where i get to have a beer while searching.

nice! I treasure a few of the small items I've taken from caches, a bottlecap from you might just be the thing

I have a trackable circulating, it's fun to get emails every so often about where it's gone (it went over to europe pretty quickly and has mostly stayed there), I should probably put more of 'em out there.

ty nesamdoom!

nesamdoom

nesaM killed Masen

Manifisto posted:

nice! I treasure a few of the small items I've taken from caches, a bottlecap from you might just be the thing

I have a trackable circulating, it's fun to get emails every so often about where it's gone (it went over to europe pretty quickly and has mostly stayed there), I should probably put more of 'em out there.

to not derail the question thread, what's the coolest thing you've exchanged?
I was thinking from the midwest mine could get to the coast(either) and make it's way to Europe. I should set out with the boy tomorrow and find a spot to drop it. Brighton, England is one spot since that's the pronunciation of the kid's name, but I really wanna work out something and take him to Köln, Deutschland sometime so it'd be kinda funny to be able to get it back in howevermany years from there.

Allie

Chewbecca posted:

What are we? :frogbon:

are we friend? yes. we are friend

Manifisto

nesamdoom posted:

to not derail the question thread, what's the coolest thing you've exchanged?
I was thinking from the midwest mine could get to the coast(either) and make it's way to Europe. I should set out with the boy tomorrow and find a spot to drop it. Brighton, England is one spot since that's the pronunciation of the kid's name, but I really wanna work out something and take him to Köln, Deutschland sometime so it'd be kinda funny to be able to get it back in howevermany years from there.

those sound like cool drop options, keep us posted

these days I often just drop my signature item, which is a sort of pearlescent green die with one of the faces having my caching name in a sort of artistic design. if I take something it will be someone else's signature item (to keep) or a trackable (to move on).

man there are some very cool and interesting things I've picked up (often signature items). I've moved on a bunch of trackables, often really beautiful coins. what is kind of fun and specific to my area is finding these sort of DIY trackables called "mumu fish," they are a bunch of little glass handpainted fish with tags to the website where you can report what they do. I have moved on a set of mumu fish, I told this to another cacher who was really impressed.

ty nesamdoom!

Kaiser Schnitzel

Schnitzel mit uns

who done it?

https://i.imgur.com/R8ctked.mp4
ty Manifisto for this wonderful sig!

Chewbecca

Just chillin' : )
Do you have stairs in your house?

Thanks to Heather Papps for sweet sig, click for more hot lady action

sigs by luvcow and Khanstant.
Click on Spoonville for a neat surprise

(┛◉Д◉)┛彡┻━┻ #YesNutNovember - add this to your sig if you love and support BYOB's own nut

Stoner Sloth

1. who let the dogs out?
2. are we human, or are we dancer?
3. why do birds suddenly appear, every time you are near?
4. are you, or have you ever been, a member of the communist party?
5. where is the love?
6. what are next wednesday's lotto numbers? (asking for a friend)
7. why do they call it an oven?
8. what price fame and fortune?
9. what is that man doing to his anus?
10. what does BYOB stand for?
11. if a train traveling east at 69 kilometers per hour passes a fixed post in 20 seconds, if it travels past another train, headed due east south east at a speed of 54 kilometers per hour, and takes 420 seconds to pass it to the east then calculate and solve for what is updog?

Stoner Sloth fucked around with this message at 11:06 on Aug 30, 2022

nesamdoom

nesaM killed Masen

Manifisto posted:

those sound like cool drop options, keep us posted

these days I often just drop my signature item, which is a sort of pearlescent green die with one of the faces having my caching name in a sort of artistic design. if I take something it will be someone else's signature item (to keep) or a trackable (to move on).

man there are some very cool and interesting things I've picked up (often signature items). I've moved on a bunch of trackables, often really beautiful coins. what is kind of fun and specific to my area is finding these sort of DIY trackables called "mumu fish," they are a bunch of little glass handpainted fish with tags to the website where you can report what they do. I have moved on a set of mumu fish, I told this to another cacher who was really impressed.

i've always thought of having a trackable usb with a group photoshare(yea, i ducked kuz I don't wanna be responsible for rando uploads) but it'd be great to have a trackable with tagged photos everywhere it goes and cool other stuff in the area. We always would bail from someone's place we stayed with and take them or let them do their day and catch as many as we could during the day/weekend. It'd be kinda cool to send a minicam if it had the battery to cloud upload its whole journey around the world.

I looked up the mumu fish. ccute little trackers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nesamdoom

nesaM killed Masen

Stoner Sloth posted:

1. who let the dogs out?
2. are we human, or are we dancer?
3. why do birds suddenly appear, every time you are near?
4. are you, or have you ever been, a member of the communist party?
5. where is the love?
6. what are next wednesday's lotto numbers? (asking for a friend)
7. why do they call it an oven?
8. what price fame and fortune?
9. what is that man doing to his anus?
10. what does BYOB stand for?
11. if a train traveling east at 69 kilometers per hour passes a fixed post in 20 seconds, if it travels past another train, headed due east south east at a speed of 54 kilometers per hour, and takes 420 seconds to pass it to the east then calculate and solve for what is updog?

woke up drunk at 530 and i'm gonna try to answer these all.

somebody not at the skate rink that I last heard the song at.
I carry a ridiculous amount of seeds and nuts in my pockets.
all around us.
If i knew i'd be happy to share because splitting it with BYOB would still net me millions. I'd say scramble 8s, 1s, 7s,9s, and 5s.(if you do and do win like a billion dollars, please get a dude a new keyboard and maybe a fan for lappy so I can play games)
because that's where you bake love in... loven.
fame can get jucked and fortune secures the future.
opening it so we can see the deeper truth.
bring your ornriest badger, although I've yet to see a badger post... maybe i'm not reading enough threads.
I am alil too drunk for the calculating on my own, can you pass me the buttfor?