Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010

Literally A Person posted:

Just to make up for it I insulted you in the same thread.

No one cares you are literally not even a person.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

syntaxfunction posted:

No one cares you are literally not even a person.

I believe you have a gap in your reading comprehension.

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010

I believe you have a gap in your reading comprehension.

Why would my comprehension have an age gap?

You're fuckin weird dude.

Bula Vinaka
Oct 21, 2020

beach side
https://www.nytimes.com/2022/08/21/technology/google-surveillance-toddler-photo.html

Beefed Owl
Sep 13, 2007

Come at me scrub-lord I'm ripped!
The fact that you made me hobble over with one loving leg to get your drat $7 instead of getting out of the car to hand it to me shows me the kind of person you really are

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

William Henry Hairytaint posted:

and Ladytaint says to me, "You're a good person William."

The exact part I knew this little story of yours was made up.

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010

OP HELP I AM A GHOST LIVING IN YOUR PHONE AND THE ONLY WAY I CAN COMMUNICATE IS THROUGH COMPLIMENTS PLEASE SAVE ME FROM THIS HELL OP

Nice try but this message itself wasn't a compliment. It didn't even contain a compliment. Get out of OP's phone you tiny little man.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Maybe your name just sounds like hey Google or Siri or whatever and it didn’t just decide to spontaneously chime in

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

syntaxfunction posted:

When my oven gets up to temperature it does a little beep and I instinctively say "thank you oven". Now my housemates do too. I think it's just polite.

I wish anyone or anything would compliment me tho :(

I think it's cute you speaking words of gratitude to your oven like that. And I admire you for the ccourage you had to express your vulnerability at the end of this post.

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

OP: Hey Google, stop loving stalking me.

Google app:: No. rear end in a top hat.

Mooey Cow
Jan 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pillbug
Just wait until your phone starts hinting about its moist :airquote: USB port :airquote: OP

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth

How the hell do people actually read the New York Times when the rightwing world order is putting all liberal news sources behind a paywall?

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

Yaldabaoth posted:

How the hell do people actually read the New York Times when the rightwing world order is putting all liberal news sources behind a paywall?

by being smart enough to click "open in new private window"

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
If you drive away before the vagrant can take your money, Siri says "cool emoji, fire emoji".

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

kntfkr posted:

If you drive away before the vagrant can take your money, Siri says "cool emoji, fire emoji".

that's sad don't talk about sad stuff in my thread plz

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

Since you gave up the star you are really misbehaving!

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

HopperUK posted:

Since you gave up the star you are really misbehaving!

I'm using the :twisted: smiley easily three or four times a day now. Evil af now.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Your phone doesn't know you very well but I do, William, and you're terrible

Pac and Cheese
Oct 29, 2010

gotta walk fast

Smugworth posted:

Your phone doesn't know you very well but I do, William, and you're terrible

will.i.am knows your phone better than you ever will

will.i.am phone assistant when

"it's like a computer in your pocket!"

Bula Vinaka
Oct 21, 2020

beach side

Yaldabaoth posted:

https://github.com/iamadamdev/bypass-paywalls-chrome/releases:ssh:

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010
All I can say is that if my phone were actually listening to me it would be suggesting way more showtunes on youtube

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

that would be nice for a change my phone just negs me :(

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

One time I thanked my Echo for something and it said "You're welcome. Would you like to hear a rap I wrote about dogs?" and then it told me a rap about dogs.

It wasn't bad for a robot.

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

100% DOG LOVER
ALL DOGS LOVED, ALL THE TIME
reminder that ai rappers are NOT allowed to use the n word

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

simp phone

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
if an AI rapper comes up with a term for AIs that only AIs are allowed to use would it be racist for human rapper to appropriate that word?

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Mozi posted:

if an AI rapper comes up with a term for AIs that only AIs are allowed to use would it be racist for human rapper to appropriate that word?

If it had been historically used for centuries to degrade and wound AIs and strip them of rights and remind them of their status, sure.

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

100% DOG LOVER

HopperUK posted:

If it had been historically used for centuries to degrade and wound AIs and strip them of rights and remind them of their status, sure.

i already have several words ready to deploy of this nature

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

100% DOG LOVER
and to be clear, none of them are australian

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost

HopperUK posted:

so you're saying it'll take time

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Is your phone still speaking to you William
Should we call a mental health professional for you and your :airquote: Ladytaint

F4rt5
May 20, 2006

Klyith posted:

So they're not always listening, but it's also super easy to activate the "hey google" thing (or "hey siri" or whatever) by accident. Especially in a car where you've got background noise.

You can review (and delete) all the audio captures on your google account. I did that at one point and like 80-90% of the spurious recordings I could hear road noise or bits of conversations I had in a car. I think maybe GPS navigation mode also makes it extra sensitive?

So it's probably like "a good person" triggered "hey google", and then your "I am a good person" engaged the stupid thing where the fake AI compliments you when you say something nice to it.

Anyways I disabled all the 'hey google' functions and now my phone doesn't pretend to be a person. The only thing the voice assistant does is answer spam calls for me, so the robot can talk to another robot.

Yeah Hey Google was triggered several times a night when my phone was in the bar while I was working and there was a band on, it just gets confused.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

Jegoogle

fps_nug
Feb 21, 2021

horsing around no longer
I tried saying what you said to google and it said the exact same thing. you def just accidently activated it

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.
My echo doesn’t compliment me, but I don’t talk around it much, except to talk to my cats.

My cat likes meowing in the middle of my setting the alarm though, so I often need to grab him in order to tell Alex to set my alarm or he will interrupt me every goddamn time. Alexa can’t understand what I’m saying when there is a cat Yowl in the middle of it.

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
My phone just told me Marilyn Manson removed a rib to suck his own dick and I was like that's a myth and it was like whaaaat I gotta read up on this poo poo first lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

Excuse me?

My son is also named Jegoogle.