Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Slumpy
i on the other hand am very skilled and i know how to set the screen saver on my pc to say "slumpy owns rear end" and spin and had no trouble doing all of your requests first try

slumpy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slumpy

nut posted:

your brain isn’t a computer, it’s far more complex and unique than an algorithm

maybe not your brain lmao. nice self admission rofl

slumpy

Slumpy

Chewbecca posted:

"Rich people problems"

slumpy

Finger Prince

There's definitely an argument for this thing taking money from artists who take like hotel art commissions to pay the bills while they slowly pick away at their magnum opus mixed media boondoggle that will probably never be seen by anyone, even if that's not the point. But artist compensation probably doesn't belong in this thread.
Another thing to consider is that these AI things aren't really programmed in a traditional sense (per my understanding). Nobody really can say why it decided to make a 3 legged skeleton. Not the programmer, not the AI itself. Futurists will point to things like this as the birth of something that in a hundred or two years could develop in to something that has rights of its own.
As an aside, my dad, who was a classically trained artist (who worked in a factory all his life) met a guy once who made fractals and printed them out. My dad was fascinated by them, but they guy was like "yeah, but it's not real art, it's just math in the computer and then I play around with the colours". My dad was like "nonsense, it is absolutely art. What do you think all those famous Renaissance painters were doing? It's all angles and ratios, in short, math." like, just because you used a computer as a tool to generate something doesn't mean it's not art. It was your eye that saw something in the output that was compelling, that with a bit of tweaking could be even more compelling.
Anyway that was more rambling than i meant for it to be as I wrote it between sips of coffee and bites of toast while having a conversation with my partner so it might not make any sense or contribute anything, sort of like AI art.

Slumpy
"Nobody really can say why it decided to make a 3 legged skeleton"

because it represents the skeletons fat loving bon3r, kinda destroyed your argument there without mercy

slumpy

Slumpy
but AI is also mad scary at making really good art, this is a prompt I put in

slumpy

Slumpy
tho of course most of the people inputting poo poo regarding 'hot lady' basically mean 'asian woman' because they're loving internet nerds and that is also typically what you get when generating women

slumpy

nut

Slumpy posted:

"Nobody really can say why it decided to make a 3 legged skeleton"

because it represents the skeletons fat loving bon3r, kinda destroyed your argument there without mercy

nut

“fat dingus rage against the machine bulls on parade remix Denzel curry”

Slumpy

nut posted:

“fat dingus rage against the machine bulls on parade remix Denzel curry”

oh yeah? and what do you want?

slumpy

nut

“big Pepsi cola can being drank by Hillary duff let the rain fall down music video”

Slumpy
i was gonna say this is for ai art requests and not to have your wildest dreams realized but i guess those are 1 in the same. i will put this into the computer. allow me to compute and ponder this request for a moment

slumpy

Manifisto

nut posted:

I mean from a purely labour perspective like how humans who are artists have to live in this world

well absolutely, this is what I was getting at. the problem is capitalism and the way we expect work to be compensated, which is really hosed up. art is labor but its compensation should not be tied to its commodification, artists should be given the necessities of life and freed to do their art imo. they shouldn't have to "make a living" or whatever, and they shouldn't expect to be paid for their work. by the same token people shouldn't be free to parasitize their labor and make money off it, as in the example you provide.

nut posted:

your brain isn’t a computer, it’s far more complex and unique than an algorithm

who said a computer was an algorithm? I mean we won't resolve this here but I firmly believe the human brain is a turing machine and don't buy any daniel dennett-type "chinese room" mysticism or nonsense about quantum microtubules or whatever. I am thoroughly in the camp of this guy for example:

quote:

Michael Graziano, a neuroscientist at Princeton University, echoes that sentiment. “There’s a more broad concept of what a computer is, as a thing that takes in information and manipulates it and, on that basis, chooses outputs. And a ‘computer’ in this more general conception is what the brain is; that’s what it does.”

some people call the brain "connectionist". just because we don't make our current digital computers along this kind of architecture doesn't mean connectionism is not computing, broadly speaking. and I don't know of anything special about gray matter that makes it the only substrate capable of a conscious mind. what would that mysterious difference be? something quantum? a soul? it's fun to speculate about but in the absence of a concrete idea it smacks of mysticism to me.

ty nesamdoom!

nut

I think that prompt is too big to fit in the midjourney box

Viginti Septem

Oculus Noctuae

nut posted:

I think that prompt is too big to fit in the midjourney box

biosterous

spawn showing off his fat hog

thank you saoshyant for this sig!!!
gallery of sigs

he/him

Viginti Septem

Oculus Noctuae
Yea, it doesn't do anything vulgar. I watched a buddy spend a good hour trying every permutation under the sun to get the AI to draw a picture of a dog's rear end. It won't even show the backside of a dog lol.

https://i.imgur.com/9jTkSUL.mp4
Thanks to vanisher for the paradise sig! :)

Areola Grande

it's a free country u pervs

Areola Grande posted:

weed rear end :stare:

:colbert:

Buttchocks

No, I like my hat, thanks.
art deco hen playing croquette

biosterous

Viginti Septem posted:

Yea, it doesn't do anything vulgar. I watched a buddy spend a good hour trying every permutation under the sun to get the AI to draw a picture of a dog's rear end. It won't even show the backside of a dog lol.

i clearly was talking about spawn and his corpulent pig, get your mind out of the gutter

:v:

gallery of sigs

he/him

Viginti Septem

Oculus Noctuae

Buttchocks posted:

art deco hen playing croquette

This one was a pain lol

Slumpy

biosterous posted:

spawn showing off his fat hog

midjourny staff are against anything that could even be mistaken for a penis. also "chairman mao" is a banned term. interesting

slumpy

Nosfereefer

IF YOU FIND THIS POSTER OUTSIDE BYOB, PLEASE RETURN THEM. WE ARE VERY WORRIED AND WE MISS THEM

Slumpy posted:

midjourny staff are against anything that could even be mistaken for a penis. also "chairman mao" is a banned term. interesting

what about "butts"? are you allowed to make the ai draw butts??

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Chewbecca

Just chillin' : )
"The most handsome man making the world's funniest post on the internet"

Thanks to Heather Papps for sweet sig, click for more hot lady action

sigs by luvcow and Khanstant.
Click on Spoonville for a neat surprise

(┛◉Д◉)┛彡┻━┻ #YesNutNovember - add this to your sig if you love and support BYOB's own nut

nut

Chewbecca posted:

"The most handsome man making the world's funniest post on the internet"

scary 2 know that ai can turn off my monitor at will

Buttchocks

No, I like my hat, thanks.

Viginti Septem posted:

This one was a pain lol

Much appreciated!

biosterous

Slumpy posted:

this is a good result

gallery of sigs

he/him

deep dish peat moss

Here's a thing I've been making out of 90% midjourney art but obviously cut and pasted and rearranged, and with text + screen effects added manually

even the weird symbol language I generated in midjourney then traced to make a font :kiddo:

e:

deep dish peat moss fucked around with this message at 07:52 on Sep 7, 2022

Viginti Septem

Oculus Noctuae
Yea Midjourney does not do text right, like... Ever lol

It decides randomly some times to take snippets of your prompt and write it out on the image, but it never gets the words right and end up looking like Cyrillic

Manifisto

deep dish peat moss posted:

Here's a thing I've been making out of 90% midjourney art but obviously cut and pasted and rearranged, and with text + screen effects added manually

even the weird symbol language I generated in midjourney then traced to make a font :kiddo:

e:

these are really cool, I love that vintage magazine ad aesthetic

ty nesamdoom!

The Hello Machine

I'm not a real machine, but I am a real Hello-sayer.
A kindly frog resting in the shade of a merciful tree, anticipating fall

deep dish peat moss

Manifisto posted:

these are really cool, I love that vintage magazine ad aesthetic

thanks :blush: I asked my friend who has kids what kids are into today that I could make and sell to them and he said "the 80s" so that's why I made it. here are a few new pages

Scuba Trooper

Joe Biden dressed as Booster Gold

Viginti Septem

Oculus Noctuae

The Hello Machine posted:

A kindly frog resting in the shade of a merciful tree, anticipating fall

Manifisto

whoa

Fredrik1

Gopherslayer
:rock:
A wise old octupus librarian reading a book about arms