Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Heather Papps

hello friend

-we hate to have to say this AGAIN but no guns are allowed. please stop asking us about guns.
-nets? no.
-after last seasons "demon dragon ninja" debacle you will not be allowed to fill the battlebot arena with smoke.
-similarly to the ban on smoke bombs, cans of expansion foam are BANNED. yes they are extremely effective but watching a robot spray foam on another robot is very boring.
-bonus points to flamethrowers, doubled if the fuel canister is exposed and easily struck by your opponent.
-you can not put tin foil on a crocodile and call it a "bio-bot." cleaning oil and steel from the battlebox is way easier than cleaning up a liquefied croc.
-secondary drones or mini-bots MUST be robots. a hummingbird with steel spurs falls under the same ban as the above ban on "bio-bots"
-pilots must shower before matches. why do we have to tell you this - you're all brilliant engineers, how do you not understand basic human body maintenance.
-unless you are blind service dogs are banned. a god damned irish wolfhound emotional support dog lost it's loving mind last year and bit a dozen people. why would you bring a dog to this anyways? there's so much loud sounds and huge crowds come on.
-you have to kiss your robot before it fights. last season saw only a third of pilots give their robots sweet kissies. it might DIE. what the hell, smooch the bot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khanstant
-no more pens, too mighty

Tunicate

Heather Papps posted:

-we hate to have to say this AGAIN but no guns are allowed. please stop asking us about guns.

-that teams of lawyers can still have little a gun, as a tort

nut

children don’t count as bots this season

Buttchocks

No, I like my hat, thanks.
Robot genitalia must be securely covered.

Buttchocks

Robots my construct a thunderdome during the competition round, but may not bring pre-constructed thunderdomes into the ring.

Finger Prince

Yes, I heard the rumour of a bot in Slovenia that could spin so fast it formed a singularity in the arena which sucked everything into it including the arena and all the spectators before imploding out of existence.
If that's true, the bot would be disqualified anyway since spinning bots are limited to 5000RPM.

baka of lathspell

your dad covered in tinfoil is not a battlebot. rip frank westbob aka “frankotron”

contestants will be screened to ensure they are not just short black ops contractors with access to technology light years from the public

not enough blazing it in battles robots must smoke 1 j per match

stop spiking your opponents sprite beverages with lsd causing them to believe they feel the pain of their robot

ruling on robots that can feel pain tbd.

first prize for this season is a chip that will disrupt your robots moral conditioning laws. do you dare to be the true Battlebot Master

stop obscuring your signatures on these waivers

join dork order
sig by ??? (<3 u)

Heather Papps

hello friend

baka fwocka fwame posted:

ruling on robots that can feel pain tbd.

thanks Dumb Sex-Parrot and deep dish peat moss for this winter bounty!

nut

Buttchocks

Competition winners may be called upon to defend Tokyo from kaiju.

Jaguars!

No Attacking the Zamboni unless it has been registered with the tournament authority and is displaying a tournament number.

Twenty Four

Heather Papps posted:

"Chatbots are not allowed. Engaging your opponent's pilot's attention with text-based demeaning conversation for "control and aggression points" while running down the clock and claiming your bot took no damage and claiming the win is now illegal. :jail:"

Finger Prince

Chat bots are still permitted in Battlebots France (Robots de Guerre), except yours, François, you kinky weirdo. It's creeping out the other competitors. See me after the meeting to discuss it. And bring the bot

your friend sk

(ヤイケス!)

baka fwocka fwame posted:

stop obscuring your signatures on these waivers

google THIS

Covering your own rear end in tin foil and calling it a "battle butt" is funny, but prohibited

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Buttchocks

Robot victory speeches are limited to 20 seconds; however, there is no bit size limit.