Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cage-free egghead
Mar 8, 2004
This sub has been relatively stable the last dozen years or whatever, but I am curious if its users have any ideas or thoughts on what could change, any improvements you'd like to see, rules changes, etc. I feel that I haven't been too involved outside of the iPhone and Android threads, but I'd like to still reach out and be active among y'all to keep this a good place to come for gadget nerds like myself.

With that, let me know your thoughts!

:coffeepal:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
It's running fine.

People are generally helpful and respectful. Everyone here is too old and/or tired for any OS or OEM zealotry. I guess as a comedy answer a thread where we are allowed to flame people based on their phone purchasing choices would be funny for a couple days.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:
Yeah, if we need to talk poo poo about hardware, yospos and the imp forums already exist.

If anything needs a change, it's that most of the megathread OPs need updating. :effort:

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006

If you count them all, this sentence has exactly seventy-two characters.
Free forum upgrade / avatar to those who update megathreads.

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

Or just make new ones? Even if the op was updated there’s not a lot of value to thousands of pages about what the best tv was in 2015

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

qirex posted:

Or just make new ones? Even if the op was updated there’s not a lot of value to thousands of pages about what the best tv was in 2015

Hey, i updated the tv thread... in 2019! :haw:

Seriously though, yeah; maybe put out an request for some fresh new megathreads.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cage-free egghead
Mar 8, 2004

mom and dad fight a lot posted:

Free forum upgrade / avatar to those who update megathreads.

qirex posted:

Yeah, a new start to threads with an updated OP would be a good idea, plus the extra incentive would be a nice thing too for those that do it. Let me run it past admins to make sure that's kosher.