Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

alexandriao posted:

I guess I caused The Incident?

I have precious few memories of this time, but back when I was in school (like, 12 years old basically) I was there for the first laptops being rolled out to school kids. We had this pissy little facebook-like social media for the school.

So, my laptop, the battery runs out during class. So I go and fetch one of the ones on charge, and it turns out the last person to have it was the kid who has been a bully to me for the last 6-ish years. And, he forgot to log out!

We have like a week or 2 left at school or something like that, and this kid basically never saw any sort of justice because his mom was a member of the PTA council (Parents-Teachers Association). So in a weird fit of anger and being a young kid brought up in a weird rear end vaguely catholic school (our one religious teacher claimed that the voice in her head was uh, God himself), i take a breath and then type

"I am gay"

and hit enter. And then I log out and log back in.

Teachers kept pressuring us to say who did it, parents were brought in, the kid was in TEARS and everyone had stern talkings to. I think? I eventually like cracked and said I did it. I have absolutely no memory of what happened next but I don't think there were any Major repercussions as far as I'm aware lol.

lol owned

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

lmao

Roundup Ready
Mar 10, 2004

ACCIDENTAL SHIT POSTER

Not really school related, but that reminds me of doing something similar to a roommate like 15 years ago. He was in college, so I think it counts? He left his Facebook logged in on my computer and day drunk me wrote a long, emotional coming out post for him. I ended it with "ps I <3 dudes". It was really sweet seeing the outpouring of support for him, even if it was just his jerk roommate having a laugh.

The funniest part though was when his dad posted something along the lines of "I always had my suspicions, glad you finally figured it out"

Edit: no he wasn't gay

Roundup Ready fucked around with this message at 22:17 on Jun 7, 2023

alexandriao
Jul 20, 2019

I mean the thing is I don't really know why I chose that phrase to write lol, like, at the time I was raised on Trek and my moral philosophy (which i had like taken a LOT of time to reason through, before throwing it in the bin when i hit 16 and realised Nazis exist and you have to like do exceptions on everything to allow destroying them and why even bother) was very live and let live.

Like, I wasn't the kind of kid to yell slurs at gay ppl, so my best guess for why it came to mind is that i kind of understood that everyone else wouldn't take it as seriously? or something like that lol

alexandriao
Jul 20, 2019

Roundup Ready posted:

Not really school related, but that reminds me of doing something similar to a roommate like 15 years ago. He was in college, so I think it counts? He left his Facebook logged in on my computer and day drunk me wrote a long, emotional coming out post for him. I ended it with "ps I <3 dudes". It was really sweet seeing the outpouring of support for him, even if it was just his jerk roommate having a laugh.

The funniest part though was when his dad posted something along the lines of "I always had my suspicions, glad you finally figured it out"

lmao

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

The_Franz posted:

Kids can probably just take a hit between classes and blow the vapor in their locker.

They solved this problem at my old highschool by nobody having lockers. Or "between classes". Just kids in huge backpacks containing every book for the day running full-tilt in the halls to be late for their next class. I think passing time was down to like two minutes by the time I left, which sucked rear end if I was in the annex.

Nameless Pete
May 8, 2007

Get a load of those...
The lockers were ripped out because students could hypothetically keep a gun in one.

TEMPLE GRANDIN OS
Dec 10, 2003

...blyat

alexandriao posted:

I guess I caused The Incident?

I have precious few memories of this time, but back when I was in school (like, 12 years old basically) I was there for the first laptops being rolled out to school kids. We had this pissy little facebook-like social media for the school.

So, my laptop, the battery runs out during class. So I go and fetch one of the ones on charge, and it turns out the last person to have it was the kid who has been a bully to me for the last 6-ish years. And, he forgot to log out!

We have like a week or 2 left at school or something like that, and this kid basically never saw any sort of justice because his mom was a member of the PTA council (Parents-Teachers Association). So in a weird fit of anger and being a young kid brought up in a weird rear end vaguely catholic school (our one religious teacher claimed that the voice in her head was uh, God himself), i take a breath and then type

"I am gay"

and hit enter. And then I log out and log back in.

Teachers kept pressuring us to say who did it, parents were brought in, the kid was in TEARS and everyone had stern talkings to. I think? I eventually like cracked and said I did it. I have absolutely no memory of what happened next but I don't think there were any Major repercussions as far as I'm aware lol.

haha did the kid move schools

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

Scorched Earth bombs have gone woke.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
I guess I have a new post-school one, but a kid I went to primary school with just kidnapped his girlfriend and kept her in his parents house for a few days before the police showed up. Whole family is going to prison.

He was, not surprisingly, really hosed up in school and one of my only memories of him was his last day when he yelled "gently caress you, bitch!" and started taking swings at our teacher. It was 5th or 6th class so we would have all been around 11 or 12

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

alexandriao posted:

Catholic school story

Man, Catholic schools sure have changed, huh? I work at a Catholic girls' school. On a recent non-uniform day, one of my students came to school wearing a t-shirt that said "I :love: GIRLS" and no one even batted an eyelid.

Half the girls in one of my senior classes a couple of years ago were also all basically dating each other too.

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

Brawnfire posted:

They solved this problem at my old highschool by nobody having lockers. Or "between classes". Just kids in huge backpacks containing every book for the day running full-tilt in the halls to be late for their next class. I think passing time was down to like two minutes by the time I left, which sucked rear end if I was in the annex.

The lockers in my school were basically just our desks, so if you needed something for a class you needed to go back to your ‘home room’ to get it out of the desk. Barely any hanging around in corridors between classes with that in effect.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

edogawa rando posted:

Man, Catholic schools sure have changed, huh? I work at a Catholic girls' school. On a recent non-uniform day, one of my students came to school wearing a t-shirt that said "I :love: GIRLS" and no one even batted an eyelid.

Half the girls in one of my senior classes a couple of years ago were also all basically dating each other too.

Unclean!

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

Roundup Ready posted:

ahaha

Unclean
Jun 28, 2002

Hey there!

Gorgeous Zan
Apr 13, 2007

New Haven Yacht Club
In 10th grade a guy named Shabir took a dump boy's bathroom soap dispenser during first period.

People talked about it for years.

Disco Pope
Dec 6, 2004

Top Class!

Passive Aggreeable posted:

Senior prank in highschool was a few thousand bouncy balls let loose in the commons area
Our school was notorious in the area for 'fights'

My secondary school also had a "well" circling each floor of the maths part of the building, which made it perfect for spectating arranged fights from either ground level or the upper floor like some hosed up Street Fighter level.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Devils Avocado
Mar 25, 2009
I used to teach at a working class majority immigrant/minority school, and the Weds of spirit week was always “gender bender” day (can’t remember what innocuous name they really gave it). Most of the girls would come in dressed in flannel work shirts or fishing shirts stuffed to simulate beer bellies. They’d pile their hair under caps and pretend to spit chew all day. But the boys loving went all out, I’m talking football players walking around in heels and slinky black dresses all day with professionally done makeup. Tough little vatos skipping around in spaghetti straps and tube tops acting like belles of the ball. The boys just absolutely loved it. And for most of my years there it was completely judgement free.

Then one year a lanky Vietnamese kid who barely spoke any English strolled into the commons in a long coat with a boom box during breakfast, can’t remember the song he played but he hopped up on a table and threw off the coat to reveal lacy bra, panties and evens hose and garter and proceeded to dance in a way that would put seasoned strippers to shame. The boys dressed as girls squealed and started hopping around screaming OMG! The girls dressed as boys crowded around him hooting and hollering and trying to stuff dollar bills in his garter.

I really don’t think any adult tried to stop it, I think it just went on till the first bell and everybody drifted away. There’s no way I’m doing Justice to this story, but it happened. And that’s how the spirit week Weds quietly became “pajama day” going forward.