Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

New Coke
Nov 28, 2009

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.
Was it you or your wife that posted a selfie of you in your bathroom?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bula Vinaka
Oct 21, 2020

beach side

50s girl groupon posted:

Some of my posts after my surgery were made by my wife who was allowed to visit me for one hour a day because of covid restrictions and before she left drugged up me would think maybe I should update people who are giving me money with what is happening to me.

Then the posts would have the IP address of your wife's phone, or the IP address of the hospital if your wife's phone was connected to it via wireless. It would not have your residential Internet service provider's IP address, which is what the posts that you're being asked about have.

Are you saying she left the hospital and posted from home, pretending to be you?

Again that's not a good look IMHO... why wouldn't she post from home saying, "Hi this is 50s girl groupon's wife, here's an update on his status..." which is what most people would do, instead of imitating someone else. It's possible of course that she pretended to be you in good faith... but it's not a good look, given the donations received in your case.

Bula Vinaka fucked around with this message at 02:41 on Sep 16, 2022

50s girl groupon
Jul 17, 2010

I woke up like this

sharknado slashfic posted:

See there you go, that wasn't so hard

I am honest to god not trying to withhold information I am literally a stupid idiot please look at my posts. I didn’t know what I needed to do or show or say in order to explain inconsistencies beyond “I have a gnarly fuckin scar from surgery but you gotta see part of my tiddy to see it”.

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

satanic splash-back posted:

The ever changing story

im artax

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Last serious post I'm going to make because I genuinely believe the op had and possibly has cancer, but I can log in to my patient portal right now and post the initial biopsy results, consultation notes, preop blood test results and post op biopsy results from the cancer surgery I had in august.

Full Metal Jackass
Jan 22, 2001

Rabid bats are welcome in my home
Stop posting in here, post an autoban thread and move on.

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Last serious post I'm going to make because I genuinely believe the op had and possibly has cancer, but I can log in to my patient portal right now and post the initial biopsy results, consultation notes, preop blood test results and post op biopsy results from the cancer surgery I had in august.

this, you don't need a mummified lung with a postit note of the current date or whatever you think is being asked.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Full Metal Jackass posted:

Domus
May 7, 2007

Kidney Buddies

Bula Vinaka posted:

That would probably be a nightmare. Hospitals in the USA are notorious for wanting your insurance info, and treating patients very differently if they don't have insurance, or if their insurance doesn't cover something, even if the patient is financially wealthy and can pay the bill themselves without any problems.

I’ve never had to verify my insurance to pay…Why would you? The money is going towards the bill, which already has had any applicable insurance applied. Man, I wish I had my UH bills in front of me. I want to test it now.

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

100% DOG LOVER
ALL DOGS LOVED, ALL THE TIME

Full Metal Jackass posted:

lol fr

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

i keep accidentally voting can a mod tell me what my vote on this thread currently is

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
"I was extremely high under morphine and thought I was in the hospital" would probably have worked because the one time I was under codeine I couldn't loving tell where I was that poo poo sucked.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

That DICK! posted:

i have to apologise. i legit thought the op was a scammer until i saw this screencap

Checkmate, nerds

Good work op

Bula Vinaka
Oct 21, 2020

beach side

The issue being asked about is IP address inconsistencies, not whether or not 50s girl groupon was actually in the hospital or not (being treated for cancer or anything else).

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

:catdrugs:

Sid Vicious posted:

i keep accidentally voting can a mod tell me what my vote on this thread currently is

always vote 2 no matter what

hotdog feet
Nov 3, 2005
posting in an epic thread!!!!!

Tosk
Feb 22, 2013

I am sorry. I have no vices for you to exploit.

50s girl groupon posted:

I literally just wanted to say goodbye.

I'm sorry about your whole situation IRL. This whole thing was just handled kind of poorly and it has blown up.

If you think doomscrolling this thread is affecting your mental health negatively, you don't really owe GBS any more posts, you should just hash it out privately with the admins. You're just going to get trolled into oblivion here, and regardless of what happened I don't think you deserve that. No one who gave you money has expressed any real bitterness and I think everyone knows that you got a raw deal IRL.

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

Tosk posted:

If you think doomscrolling this thread is affecting your mental health negatively, you don't really owe GBS any more posts, you should just hash it out privately with the admins. You're just going to get trolled into oblivion here, and regardless of what happened I don't think you deserve that. No one who gave you money has expressed any real bitterness and I think everyone knows that you got a raw deal IRL.

true enough... your friends are not helping though op!

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Bula Vinaka posted:

The issue being asked about is IP address inconsistencies, not whether or not 50s girl groupon was actually in the hospital or not (being treated for cancer or anything else).

The IP inconsistences don't actually matter if they can actually show jeffrey a hospital visit for that day or even for the weeklong ICU stay.

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

Kild posted:

The IP inconsistences don't actually matter if they can actually show jeffrey a hospital visit for that day or even for the weeklong ICU stay.

Or literally anything or even try to say they were in the hospital that time. It's just walls of deflection.

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

100% DOG LOVER

dee eight posted:

always vote 2 no matter what

i voted 5

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

i dont know what i voted

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Bula Vinaka posted:

The ip address issues would be weird but moot if they had proof they were in the hospital on x date.

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

Fluffdaddy posted:

Look, it is a lot of money, and we aren't asking for you to give refunds nor are we accusing you of misappropriating the funds. All we said was hey this summer you mentioned a lot of hospital visits but the posts locations don't add up can you explain it. And yet you continue to dodge the question and are instead using a lot of words to paint us as the ones who have done something wrong. We are just asking for accountability, that is all.

I'm asking for a refund

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

:five:

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

:catdrugs:
voting 2 on every thread is my secondary posting gimmick

Fsmhunk
Jul 19, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL posted:

Edit: Jeff, if you’re wrong about this then you need to find a way to fund 50GG’s treatment for the next year minimum.

No, I don't think he does. What the hell?

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL posted:

This tbh. And I’ve donated to the GFM and assisted with groceries via Amazon.

Edit: Jeff, if you’re wrong about this then you need to find a way to fund 50GG’s treatment for the next year minimum.

just the dumbest rubes

50s girl groupon
Jul 17, 2010

I woke up like this

Tosk posted:

I'm sorry about your whole situation IRL. This whole thing was just handled kind of poorly and it has blown up.

You’re right. I’m doing myself a disservice arguing with GBS and probably definitely upsetting people who followed my threads. And also apparently a whole bunch of new people. I’m super sorry.

Anyways my PMF thread’s purpose was to bring attention to the fact that American Healthcare sucks poo poo. Stage 4 Lymphoma chemotherapy are $50,000+ PER TREATMENT pre-insurance and unless you have some tier 3 poo poo, you’re still paying an absolute ungodly amount of money. I stopped looking at breast cancer chemo bills because holy poo poo I will never get out from under the debt of lymphoma before I die lmfao. So like, really all I want is support for medicare for all right now, no one should be in this sort of situation.

I said my goodbyes and need to quit digging. Watch me righteously gently caress up an autoban because I am, especially post chemo with that good old chemobrain, an idiot.

I’ll see you all in hell :love: (affectionate)

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

100% DOG LOVER
if jeff is wrong he has to pay for the nutsack treatment for sids cat. he's posting in gbs. it's mandatory

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

if jeff is wrong he has to pay for the nutsack treatment for sids cat. he's posting in gbs. it's mandatory

This i can support

Charles 2 of Spain
Nov 7, 2017

Judge Jeffrey

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

jeff clip sids balls its the right thing to do... maybe it will remove the constant numb-pain he has

Bula Vinaka
Oct 21, 2020

beach side

Domus posted:

I’ve never had to verify my insurance to pay…Why would you? The money is going towards the bill, which already has had any applicable insurance applied. Man, I wish I had my UH bills in front of me. I want to test it now.

Not so much "verify to pay," more, "you need this procedure, but your insurance doesn't cover it," and you say, "that's OK, I am very wealthy and can pay the bill, even if it's $100K or more no problem" (and that's a true statement), and the hospital says, "Sorry, but we can't give you the procedure unless your insurance covers it."

I have chronic lower back pain, and my doctor recommended I try a procedure called "Intracept", which my insurance would not cover. I looked up the costs, determined I would be willing to pay myself to try it, and called my doctor's office telling them I want to have the procedure and I would pay myself. They flat out told me that if my insurance doesn't cover this, then they won't do it.

My Mom was telling me her friend's father had some issue I couldn't remember now, in the hospital he was told his insurance doesn't cover what he needed. My Mom's friend is pretty wealthy, she asked the cost and said it would no problem and she would pay the bill, and again, the hospital flat out refused, saying if his insurance doesn't cover it, then they won't do it. I never asked my Mom the follow up to this story, so now that I'm reminded about it, I'm going to. She probably won't remember. In which case, I'm going to ask her to ask her friend about it next time they talk.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
Okay well that's enough of this.

OP, believe it or not, my PM box really is still open. If there is an explanation or a demonstration that you were in the hospital this past summer at the times you said you were, I would appreciate you sending it. I understand if you'd rather just autoban and not bother but that is where I am at.