Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer
We own two Hondas, a 2015 CRV and a 2014 Accord, both approaching 100k miles. We've never done any service on them beyond changing the oil and tires and whatever popped up on inspections, and we want to take them to the dealership and get all the important stuff done that would hopefully let us run them another 100k miles.

I expect the laundry list of stuff the dealership wants us to do is going to be padded, so what are the actual important services we should be looking to have done?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skinnymansbeerbelly
Apr 1, 2010
Your cars are new enough to have the Honda maintenance minder which, if you follow the codes religiously, should keep your poo poo rolling til 200k.

You're to the point where steering and suspension components might be pretty well clapped out. How do the cars drive?

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
you'll probably get a much better response to this in the car forum

Your owners manual should contain everything you need to know on this topic. If you haven't done spark plugs and a timing belt, do those. Hondas are generally notorious for eating brake pads so you'll probably need those if they haven't been replaced recently. Otherwise you might be looking at some suspension components.

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Thanks! I spent a few minutes searching for a Car thread in the subforum and didn't even consider there was a whole sub board. I'll mover this Q over.