Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

deep dish peat moss

If you would like to use it yourself here it is:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/eroi8rexz7q4izx/Handwasher-Regular.otf/file
(if you need it as a .ttf instead click here )

the license says you can use it w/ my permission and i give anyone who downloads it from this post my permission

It actually has 4 variations of each character, or is supposed to, but I don't know exactly how all of that stuff works or how many variations are actually supported

https://www.mediafire.com/file/eklob03h9hjll2h/Darkwaveduk-Regular.ttf/file

deep dish peat moss fucked around with this message at 01:11 on Sep 21, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deep dish peat moss

please do not write ransom notes and confession letters in my handwriting :pray:

Dr. Honked

eat it you slaaaaaaag
aww yeah this is great!

thanks deep dish pete moss and Plant MONSTER

Scuba Trooper

god dDAMN i love fonts and typefaces

Scuba Trooper

your penmanship is crisp and clear. full marks

deep dish peat moss

Actually at this size it needs some work on the sizing & spacing I guess

Areola Grande

it's a free country u pervs
I always said I'd vote for wingdings but ur making a compelling case here OP

Kaiser Schnitzel

Schnitzel mit uns

deep dish peat moss posted:

this is good

https://i.imgur.com/R8ctked.mp4
ty Manifisto for this wonderful sig!

Robot Made of Meat

If we changed the BYOB typeface to my handwriting, even I couldn't read it.

eta: You have lovely handwriting!

Thanks to Manifisto for the sig!

Viginti Septem

Oculus Noctuae
Damnit, and here I've spent all these months changing my handwriting to look like Comics Sans. Time wasted. :smithcloud:

your friend sk

(ヤイケス!)

did you do this with calligraphr? it's really good...i did one before with my own handwriting but it didn't turn out well

Join the BYOB Army

thank you again Saoshyant!!

deep dish peat moss

your friend sk posted:

did you do this with calligraphr? it's really good...i did one before with my own handwriting but it didn't turn out well

Yeah, but instead of printing it like they suggest I just loaded the template in Concepts on my ipad and drew it as a vector there which helped get nice clean lines. The second one in the OP was done in Procreate instead of Concepts. I have always enjoyed, uhh, not calligraphy but handwriting things so I'm working on more (with all the math operators and everything too because why not) and I think Procreate but with extremely large cell sizes on the calligraphr template is the way to go

(& Procreate has excellent stabilization settings which are very helpful for typefaces)

deep dish peat moss fucked around with this message at 03:31 on Sep 21, 2022

Ass-penny

:goodpost:

Shifty Nipples

that's some nice handwriting op

Thanks Plant MONSTER. and deep dish peat moss and deep dish peat moss and deep dish peat moss

deep dish peat moss

while we're here I will further propose that the BYOB background is changed to one of these, which an AI generated for me when I requested a seamless tileable wall texture for a Dank Cavern

Ass-penny

dank cavern was my nickname in highschool

Dr. Honked

eat it you slaaaaaaag

while we're here I will further propose that the BYOB background is changed to one of these, which an AI generated for me when I requested a seamless tileable wall texture for a Dank Cavern

they kinda look like dank nutz

thanks deep dish pete moss and Plant MONSTER

Nosfereefer

IF YOU FIND THIS POSTER OUTSIDE BYOB, PLEASE RETURN THEM. WE ARE VERY WORRIED AND WE MISS THEM
otoh, op, this risks that the entire forum can be used against you in court

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

deep dish peat moss

Nosfereefer posted:

otoh, op, this risks that the entire forum can be used against you in court

But your honor, I creative commons licensed my handwriting! It could be anyone!

Prurient Squid

Tiddy cat Buddha improving your day.
Yeah, do this. With the handwriting.

your friend sk

(ヤイケス!)

btw I've been meaning to write some css to do this for like a week, I'll do it eventually

e: four days

Prurient Squid

cascading style sheet!

itry

Prurient Squid

Everybody keeps talking about how this can frame OP for crimes, but nobody is talking about how this can exonerate OP for crimes they actually committed. Including me because I haven't given the matter any thought.

Ass-penny

Prurient Squid posted:

Everybody keeps talking about how this can frame OP for crimes, but nobody is talking about how this can exonerate OP for crimes they actually committed. Including me because I haven't given the matter any thought.

Yeah I didn't really think about it but I think ddpm is cool and therefore probably commits a lot of crime. by sharing their handwriting with us and encouraging us to use it the are maybe trying to obfuscate the evidence in their current crimes. or not, who the gently caress understands this poo poo

deep dish peat moss

I will just keep writing crime notes in my real, secret handwriting and be immune to the law because I can point to this thread and say look, that's my handwriting

Nosfereefer

IF YOU FIND THIS POSTER OUTSIDE BYOB, PLEASE RETURN THEM. WE ARE VERY WORRIED AND WE MISS THEM
we'd probably all get banned for account sharing as well

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

BoldFrankensteinMir

I fully support your idea OP, anything is better than the moldy old humorless embarrassment that is comic sans.

Sig by Heather Papps

deep dish peat moss

I kept scrolling past this post because I thought I wrote it, whoops

deep dish peat moss

BoldFrankensteinMir posted:

I fully support your idea OP, anything is better than the moldy old humorless embarrassment that is comic sans.

Did you know that when Comic Sans was first made it it wasn't intended to ever be a thing it was just a font that microsoft executives used on office birthday announcement flyers?

Heather Papps

hello friend

BoldFrankensteinMir posted:

i love and respect comic sans as something that has completed the "not funny" to "funny" cycle so many times it has transcended humour entirely. also apparently it's a very good font for dyslexics so

thanks Dumb Sex-Parrot and deep dish peat moss for this winter bounty!

Prurient Squid

When I try to figure out how the crimes work I keep getting stuck on the double negative or something.

Prurient Squid

I like sans. He was the best thing about undertale. That and the robot whose soundtrack is a remix of the tetris theme.

BoldFrankensteinMir

Heather Papps posted:

also apparently it's a very good font for dyslexics so

No offense but I think this is urban legend nonsense. This article references multiple experts who seem to have come to the consensus that what really helps dyslexic people is abundant kearning (the spacing between letters), which can be applied to any font. Wide kearning is associated with Comic Sans primarily because it's just a very poorly designed font that wastes a ton of space.

I know this thread is really in jest and nobody would dare change Comic Sans in the yob at this point, but I'm gonna take the opportunity anyway and point out, for the N millionth time, that picking the worst font we could on purpose was never funny, it was always just contrariness, which bugs me because that kind of ironic nuh-uh-ism feels way too mean-spirited for such a nice community to wave around as their standard.

Sig by Heather Papps

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deep dish peat moss

When I was in elementary school, my handwriting was so monstrously bad that I would get assigned extra homework every night to like, write a sentence 50 times. Bart Simpson kind of stuff except not about getting in trouble, just about having handwriting so bad that my teachers couldn't read it. And by the time I finished elementary school it was still so bad that my teachers couldn't read it. It took until my blow-off Latin class my Senior year of high school where the teacher didn't care and knew the students didn't care about latin and so he would give us passing grades if we just wrote latin words in nice handwriting on the whiteboard for me to start caring. Bribery always works