Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

lol i bought that for someone's av and i can't remember who it was

set sail for dick

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
im spurtin here

sorry im trying to delete it

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

graph posted:

im spurtin here

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
feel like the first two panels this one came from are real borderline, probably not okay, but i still love this panel

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
this one's not bigoted or anything it's just really gross lol

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

infernal machines posted:

set sail for dick

get over here, you

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

lol i bought that for someone's av and i can't remember who it was

a vietnam vet?

chaosbreather
Dec 9, 2001

Wry and wise,
but also very sexual.

it's really funny how it became apparent from his tweets over the past two years that he actually identifies with the boss character and is his authorial self-insert. it used to be dogbert, anti-authoritarian mould-breaking genius mastermind, but it's clear that he now considers himself an agressively ignorant randian ubermensh whose money and power was always his birthright. doesn't seem to phase him none either

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Tunicate posted:

didn't he have a stroke or some other kind of brain damage in the early 2000s?

don’t doxx me

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

infernal machines posted:

set sail for dick

lol

graph posted:

im spurtin here

lmao

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

ive never actually read dilbert, are those comics real? i always assumed they were photoshops. no way that would get newspaper syndication

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
scott adams wishes he were that funny

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

Tunicate posted:

didn't he have a stroke or some other kind of brain damage in the early 2000s?

He had some sort of sporatic or spontanious or something aphasia and I think like.... Some sort of motor issue that prevented him from drawing on paper, but he could draw on a cintiq?

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

that sounds.. bizarre?

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

polyester concept posted:

ive never actually read dilbert, are those comics real? i always assumed they were photoshops. no way that would get newspaper syndication

they're real and brought the country together after 9/11.

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome

Neito posted:

He had some sort of sporatic or spontanious or something aphasia and I think like.... Some sort of motor issue that prevented him from drawing on paper, but he could draw on a cintiq?

https://www.brainandlife.org/articles/spasmodic-dysphonia-rendered-dilbert-creator-scott-adams-nearly-speechless-for

couldnt speak for like three years. If only it carried over onto twitter.

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

scott adams and esr should team up, it would be life will ferrell and john c reilly in step brothers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYq9g8aqRTM

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Bluemillion posted:

Yo don't compare my man Boyce with this POS.

:hmmyes: boyce is an old computer engineer, angling for contemporary computer commentary, and is a good person with esoteric punchlines

computoon may be word soup, but boyce is still out there trying to bring us all together over wobbly computer

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

boyce owns and i will happily die on this hill

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

boyce did at one point make cartoons with coherent jokes.

that stopped probably 20 years ago now, but he did once

Bluemillion
Aug 18, 2008

I got your dispensers
right here
When someone loves what they're working on, that shines through regardless of ability.
Boyce is basically the Ed Wood of computer comics.

Narzack
Sep 15, 2008
Scott Adams just seems so unhappy and sad.

EDIT- actually, I just scrolled though his diseased Twitter. Goddammit, you stupid rear end in a top hat, I used to love Dilbert. What a hunk of poo poo he is.

Narzack fucked around with this message at 19:35 on Oct 4, 2022

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

he made all his money writing a comic strip about how everyone he worked with was stupid and awful. of course he's an rear end in a top hat.

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

Narzack posted:

Goddammit, you stupid rear end in a top hat, I used to love Dilbert.
    /
:negative:

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

I was cleaning out some bookmarks and found this from 2017, Adams has long been awful it seems

https://theoutline.com/post/1080/scott-adams-dilbert-blog-worst

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

the right wing nerd pop culture nutjob who had a stroke and turned into a hyperchud was kevin sorbo

hopefully he has another

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

sorbo had a stroke? I was wondering why he suddenly became very online and bizarre

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

Gentle Autist posted:

scott adams and esr should team up, it would be life will ferrell and john c reilly in step brothers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYq9g8aqRTM

esr's too busy not updating jargon.txt to handle acting.

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

what's to update? he already turned it into his political manifesto

Plorkyeran
Mar 22, 2007

To Escape The Shackles Of The Old Forums, We Must Reject The Tribal Negativity He Endorsed

Agile Vector posted:

sorbo had a stroke? I was wondering why he suddenly became very online and bizarre

three strokes, and yeah it is when he dramatically shifted. kind of a terrifying idea that one day you could nearly die and then even when you survive you turn into kevin sorbo.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

NoneMoreNegative posted:

I was cleaning out some bookmarks and found this from 2017, Adams has long been awful it seems

https://theoutline.com/post/1080/scott-adams-dilbert-blog-worst

oh yeah he's been a shithead moron for as long as he's been famous afaict

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome

Plorkyeran posted:

three strokes, and yeah it is when he dramatically shifted. kind of a terrifying idea that one day you could nearly die and then even when you survive you turn into kevin sorbo.

strokes are really weird and can literally turn you into a different person. I've had several family members just completely change their attitudes & demeanors, its super wild.

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

Sweevo posted:

what's to update? he already turned it into his political manifesto

Can always talk more about how cool guns are.

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

My uncle turned into a right old oval office after his stroke. he was super chill and cool before the stroke. That’s my stoke story. thanks for reading. (remember FAST, folks).

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Moo Cowabunga posted:

(remember FAST, folks).

F ace droop
A rm sagginness/weakness
S peech mumbles/weirdness
T

i forget t

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

same. it’s take action. I always forget to take action.

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

graph posted:

F ace droop
A rm sagginness/weakness
S peech mumbles/weirdness
T

i forget t

T is 'Thats a Computer Toucher!'

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Moo Cowabunga posted:

same. it’s take action. I always forget to take action.

yeah :\

my radio co-host years ago was having a loving stroke on air and i didnt put two and two together