Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Perplx posted:

if i'm got to use my computer to run VMs later i don't want to deal with cpu pinning or whatever workaround these weenie cores need

they just need the windows 11 scheduler

now if for some reason you don't want to use windows 11, gently caress you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

infernal machines posted:

they just need the windows 11 scheduler

now if for some reason you don't want to use windows 11, gently caress you

windows 11: it's windows 10

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

Perplx posted:

if i'm got to use my computer to run VMs later i don't want to deal with cpu pinning or whatever workaround these weenie cores need

better off buying some more m1 machines instead, apple will never buy into this kind of silly architecture

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

intel is white bread. be a cool rebel and purchase your cpus from another manufacturer

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

gonna buy a 13600k like a real gamer would

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

Gentle Autist posted:

intel is white bread. be a cool rebel and purchase your cpus from another manufacturer

kind of the opposite, don't buy a 13900k because it is fringe insanity from a company struggling and we're boring adults. funny though.

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

infernal machines posted:

you can safely assume that whoever built your computer knows more about its cooling and thermal characteristics than you do

but doctor, I am the clown that built my computer

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
hell, same

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

just ordered a craptor lake. lol that you get 4 ram slots, but if you use them all then xmp doesn't work. the cvl doesn't list any ram sets that are compatible in a 4 slot configuration.

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

akadajet posted:

just ordered a craptor lake. lol that you get 4 ram slots, but if you use them all then xmp doesn't work. the cvl doesn't list any ram sets that are compatible in a 4 slot configuration.

condolences

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

I'm going to be posting so fast.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

akadajet posted:

I'm going to be posting so fast.

im officially on raptor lake (cheapskate version). still posting from my phone though, wouldn't want to overwhelm the forums with all that power