Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

Yes, OP. dough was falling apart and it was very oily. Most likely was from the oil not being hot enough when my batch went in as a result of being in full court press mode and not letting the pup heat back up between batches. Bad experience, would not recommend.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

Brother Tadger posted:

Yes, OP. dough was falling apart and it was very oily. Most likely was from the oil not being hot enough when my batch went in as a result of being in full court press mode and not letting the pup heat back up between batches. Bad experience, would not recommend.

Did one of us have a stroke?

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

I don’t know, did you have a stroke?

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Visiting my in-laws in Canada, went to a Tim Horton's

Was surprisingly let down. I mean, badly. I'd say that qualifies as 'bad', and like I said, was surprised by how poor it was.

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

Big Beef City posted:

Visiting my in-laws in Canada, went to a Tim Horton's

Was surprisingly let down. I mean, badly. I'd say that qualifies as 'bad', and like I said, was surprised by how poor it was.

Describe the doughnut, in detail.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

No.

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

Tim Hortons donuts are gross and I've never understood why people buy them. Some local grocery stores sell donuts and they're light, puffy and loving delicious.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Tim Hortons and grocery store donuts come frozen from possibly the same factory.

Chrs
Sep 21, 2015

yugioh mishima posted:

a good one of these is fantastic but while the american kind is almost impossible to gently caress up these ones are very possible to gently caress up. often too crunchy/oily. they were usually good at the seaside but if you went to like a fair or whatever and got these they were usually not very good

This is true. The best I’ve ever had was on the pier at Weston-super-Mare and the worst I ever had was from a place in Skegness. Although with it being Skeggy I probably should have expected as much.

I actually don’t think I’ve had them from a fair before

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The worst donut is the kind where you think it is filled but every bite is just donut so you keep eating hoping to get to the filling but then you finish it.

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

I LITERALLY SLEEP IN A RACING CAR. DO YOU?
p.s. ask me about my subscription mattress
Ultra Carp

ClamdestineBoyster posted:

I don’t like some jelly donuts that other people like. I’m always so happy to find tart filling. Other than that no, there is no such thing as a bad glazed donut.

Lemon jelly is good

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH
uh yeah dumb dry cake donuts are a dime a dozen

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

muscles like this! posted:

The worst donut is the kind where you think it is filled but every bite is just donut so you keep eating hoping to get to the filling but then you finish it.

I had a defective Boston cream from Tim's a few weeks back, not a single ounce of delicious cream filling. This hits close to home I tells you hwat

Chrs
Sep 21, 2015

I had a nightmare like that once

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

It wasn't "bad", per se, maybe just misled. It came from a bad neighbourhood you see. I really hate these labels

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Vim Fuego posted:

Lemon jelly is good

Even that poo poo is too sweet for me most of the time. Like jelly donuts are just sweet on sweet. :shrug:

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer
hell yeah I've had bad doughnuts, usually dunkin or tim's or krispy.

but local donut shops own and I love all donuts

However the best donuts are fresh out of the oven cinnamon cider mill donuts w/ cider. that is peak donut.

Super Waffle
Sep 25, 2007

I'm a hermaphrodite and my parents (40K nerds) named me Slaanesh, THANKS MOM
My old job brought in a couple dozen donuts from this new place called Valkyrie Donuts. I figured it was typical Hipster donut fad fare, as these looked like all the usual flavors/types but they were square. I bit into a basic glazed and it could only be described as a chunk of couch seat foam spritzed with sugar water. Absolutely revolting donut.

Turns out they only make vegan donuts.

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Punching air rn

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

Colonel Cancer posted:

I had a defective Boston cream from Tim's a few weeks back, not a single ounce of delicious cream filling. This hits close to home I tells you hwat

I had one of those semi-recently, and it was kind of awesome. Like a donut without a hole. A donut patty.

Fozzy The Bear
Dec 11, 1999

Nothing much, watching the game, drinking a bud
Its been 15 years, but Krispy Kreme. They are super sugary and have no flavor. The chocolate donut I got was just a glazed, with additional chocolate frosting on top. Not impressed.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

PinheadSlim posted:

These suck a fat one imo

This brand's little white powdered donuts are a huge miss too

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

YeahTubaMike posted:

I had one of those semi-recently, and it was kind of awesome. Like a donut without a hole. A donut patty.

Boston creams already got no hole, goon! They were meant to be filled with delicious cream and there wasn't a single drop. Weeks later I am mad, disappointed and donutshy

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer
even though they are probably technically not doughnuts, apple fritters are the best donut-like pastry

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest

bagmonkey posted:

even though they are probably technically not doughnuts, apple fritters are the best donut-like pastry

If it's sold in the donut case I'd call it a donut. A donut sub-category like cruller or bear claw

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
the only bad donut is a stale donut

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

ever have like a day old glazed where the icing has absorbed too much moisture and it turns into liquid that puddles around it?

those are bad donuts.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
There's a box of Tim Hortons sitting i my office and I ate one.

Never again, I say to myself again.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Yeah don't eat the whole box, especially the cardboard

The Alchemist
Dec 12, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
All donuts are inedible trash, and so are corn dogs. What the gently caress is wrong with you Americans?

Cyril Sneer
Aug 8, 2004

Life would be simple in the forest except for Cyril Sneer. And his life would be simple except for The Raccoons.
The best doughnuts are just those plain ones with maybe a cinnamon or sugar dusting.

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

The Alchemist posted:

All donuts are inedible trash, and so are corn dogs. What the gently caress is wrong with you Americans?

Hon hon hon!

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

My blood sugar is gon' be like

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

Bad donuts are called"maple bars"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pastel Candy Snake
Sep 6, 2018

by Hand Knit
I had Tim Hortons for the first time two nights ago and I can at long last answer my own question:

I have had a bad donut.