Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!
:siren: Part 57: Odds and Ends :siren:

One last video for the road as we clean up some odds and ends and address the real elephant in the room: Just how big *can* the numbers go?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Artix posted:

:siren: Part 57: Odds and Ends :siren:

One last video for the road as we clean up some odds and ends and address the real elephant in the room: Just how big *can* the numbers go?

MFW I hit my super combo against a boss.

Thank you for showing off this weird and wonderful series. It doesn't work 100% of the time but dammit it does its own thing, and I'm glad that there's a remaster on the way so more people care experience the weirdness themselves.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Okay I know it probably wasn't really a "decision" because that was not an ending anybody could have been happy with but of all the things what a bizarre decision to have a portion of the drama in the dramatic escape depend on NOT fighting the optional bosses and a HUGE portion depend on just some random wall tentacles. Like I've seen plenty of rushed "Aw poo poo oh gently caress we gotta clear up this plot point" in endings (like, say, the rest of the ending) but that escape sequence is incredibly clunky. I think I felt like the first game had one ending too many but man it was an actual ending.

I am amused by Sagi just slicing Guillo's head off though. Unless you can just pull it off, which is even funnier.

Luckily I'm not judging the LP for the ending of the game. Thanks for showing this off!

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

If you will not serve in combat, you will serve on the firing line!

I have to say, finally catching up with the last couple of videos, the plot twist sucks, but Verus' voice actor is doing some amazing job with what he has on hand.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Cooked Auto posted:

I have to say, finally catching up with the last couple of videos, the plot twist sucks, but Verus' voice actor is doing some amazing job with what he has on hand.

Roger L. Jackson hasn't turned in a bad performance in 30 years.

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!
Alright, well while we wait for the archive process, Namco went and confirmed a date for the remasters, Sept 14. If you've found either of these LPs to be interesting, I highly suggest giving them a try!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!
:siren: That's all folks! :siren: It sounds like the remaster is mostly okay, so if anything that you saw in either of these games interested you, I hope you picked it up. If anyone hasn't seen it, Crow, Argate and I are tackling Eternights now.