Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
Quora: The Thinking Man's Yahoo Answers.

I can't google poo poo anymore because all I get is barely related Quora questions

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Your Family
Feb 18, 2023

This one:

What's so funny to me about it is that, out of all things - wand, creature, whatever - OP here just went with a gun, and posed the question as if they discovered some major plot hole. It just makes me laugh in my head of seeing Voldemort blow Harry Potter's head off with a Glock.

Link to actual Quora.

We're only here to un-do the damage you've done to our family name.

Deep Glove Bruno
Sep 4, 2015

yung swamp thang
I mean a gun's easiest, point and click basically. If he's so bad people don't want to say his name, why not turn harry's gourd into a red mist at 4:15am and vanish?

alexandriao
Jul 20, 2019

Theres a lot of dumbass poo poo on Quora, but my favourite type of dumbass is the "USA IS THE GREATEST COUNTRY IN THE WORLD" dumbass

alexandriao
Jul 20, 2019

I feel genuinely sorry for this kid lmfao. this has to be a troll right

alexandriao
Jul 20, 2019

Quora is actually tangibly worse than Facebook. I get emails (from the one time I really needed an answer) and otherwise dont engage with the site, and it decided to recommend me a neo nazi white nationalist group :yikes: :psyduck:

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

How much meth does one box of 96 count Sudafed make? is funny not for the og question but for the string of replies that go into detail with instructions on actually making meth and how the people who are writing the response definitely didn't nearly blow themselves up repeatedly.

If you want to skip Quora from your search results you can add -site:quora.com to your search parameters. Or the pro tip is to add a keyword for your search (eg: 'g' for a google search) with it in the saved search string so that it's always ignoring it. Adding pinterest is another great one to avoid cluttering your search results with bullshit. You can still search the ignored site by just going to the search engines home page.

Inceltown has a new favorite as of 05:13 on Mar 17, 2023

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Your Family posted:

This one:

What's so funny to me about it is that, out of all things - wand, creature, whatever - OP here just went with a gun, and posed the question as if they discovered some major plot hole. It just makes me laugh in my head of seeing Voldemort blow Harry Potter's head off with a Glock.

Link to actual Quora.

lmao at this for some reason

I ended up on this topic:

In addition to related crow topics, it also had related "save the world" topics, such as

credburn
Jun 22, 2016

vyelkin posted:

In addition to related crow topics, it also had related "save the world" topics, such as

I'm assuming... most people poop more? I know I am particularly irregular at once a week or every two weeks but surely for most people every other day is normal?

I frequently see a lot of Quora questions that appear to just be excuses for someone to write an essay. Can you answer your own question?

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

credburn posted:

Can you answer your own question?

Yes. It's even encouraged.

The big thing you have to understand about Quora is that they spent a very long time making no money at all. The founder is one of the early Facebook alums, so he got cash infusions much longer than anyone else would've, but the pressure's on now for them to bring in revenue. Anything that generates engagement is a positive no matter how badly it hurts the site's stated mission (which was never possible for a for-profit company to carry out).

ultrafilter has a new favorite as of 01:54 on Mar 18, 2023

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

credburn posted:

I'm assuming... most people poop more? I know I am particularly irregular at once a week or every two weeks but surely for most people every other day is normal?

I frequently see a lot of Quora questions that appear to just be excuses for someone to write an essay. Can you answer your own question?

Once every 3 days to 3x a day is the range that is considered normal. You are a freak.

credburn
Jun 22, 2016

Inceltown posted:

Once every 3 days to 3x a day is the range that is considered normal. You are a freak.
Having to poo poo three times a day sounds like a prison

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

credburn posted:

Having to poo poo three times a day sounds like a prison

It's also 3 times as long getting your boss to pay you for taking a poo poo.

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

credburn posted:

You are literally dying, what is your diet like???

I've had a few goes at not making GBS threads for three days, and when I do it feels like I'm about to get turned inside out.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

:hmmyes:

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Elviscat posted:

You are literally dying, what is your diet like???

I've had a few goes at not making GBS threads for three days, and when I do it feels like I'm about to get turned inside out.
I'm the same way, there's a form of IBS that works inverse to the normal IBS where you only poop every week or two. I never feel constipated though, it's just the way my system works. My diet is, well, typical goon diet, but at a few points in my life I've tried eating better and even took on old person habits like Metamucil to see if it would make any different. It didn't.

Ragnar34
Oct 10, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Average person eats 4 lbs a day, 28 lbs a week, 50% might turn into poo poo depending on carb intake and such. Ever weigh yourself before and after? The difference must be striking.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

I really need to know more. Because that's gotta be 1 to 2 weeks' worth of poops at a time, right? And if not, where'd it go? :iiam:

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

Captain Hygiene posted:

I really need to know more. Because that's gotta be 1 to 2 weeks' worth of poops at a time, right? And if not, where'd it go? :iiam:

The poo poo lasagna pic was actually just one of these poops.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

Ragnar34 posted:

Average person eats 4 lbs a day, 28 lbs a week, 50% might turn into poo poo depending on carb intake and such. Ever weigh yourself before and after? The difference must be striking.
The amount turning to poo poo is a complex digestive biome situation. The only thing that really needs to come out your butt is bilirubin and certain ashes. Some normally indigestible fiber can be partly or fully fermented by gut flora if not eaten in intestine-casting amounts. Little poopers exist based on diet and their personal gut flora taking care of business very efficiently.

The fun physical chemistry debate is do you get lighter when fiber is digested into CO2 or when you fart?

Jabberlock
Nov 29, 2014

zedprime posted:

The amount turning to poo poo is a complex digestive biome situation. The only thing that really needs to come out your butt is bilirubin and certain ashes. Some normally indigestible fiber can be partly or fully fermented by gut flora if not eaten in intestine-casting amounts. Little poopers exist based on diet and their personal gut flora taking care of business very efficiently.

The fun physical chemistry debate is do you get lighter when fiber is digested into CO2 or when you fart?

How long do I have to hold it in before my body processes it all

WarpDogs
May 1, 2009

I'm just a normal, functioning member of the human race, and there's no way anyone can prove otherwise.
They got my email ages ago and no matter how many times I unsubscribe they keep coming. But I've come to appreciate the little glimpses of weirdness that pool up in my Spam folder, so I'll keep reading that garbage

(this one actually rules, but was hilarious because the other answers were Call of Duty and JRPG villains)

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

:hmmyes: This is the type of question we should be asking as a society

Pneub
Mar 12, 2007

I'M THE DEVIL, AND I WILL WASH OVER THE EARTH AND THE SEAS WILL RUN RED WITH THE BLOOD OF ALL THE SINNERS

I AM REBORN

credburn
Jun 22, 2016

WarpDogs posted:

They got my email ages ago and no matter how many times I unsubscribe they keep coming. But I've come to appreciate the little glimpses of weirdness that pool up in my Spam folder, so I'll keep reading that garbage

100% of the things Quora tries to recommend me have to do with MCU arguments, a thing I have absolutely zero interest in god dammit

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

WarpDogs posted:

(this one actually rules, but was hilarious because the other answers were Call of Duty and JRPG villains)
It's your rival from the early pokemon. His own grandfather doesn't remember his name and can be easily tricked into calling him Poop. The same grandfather also gives the neighbour kid first pick of pokemon, and after an entire game of being called Poop by everyone including the four greatest pokemon trainers in the land, moments after victory his title is snatched from him by the same neighbour kid who may or may not be equipped with illegal genetic experiments, infinite items coalesced from the ether, and possibly literally gods.

Wait balls that's also a jrpg villain.

quora posted:

Why do liberals feel the need to ruin life for everyone?

Splicer has a new favorite as of 00:16 on May 23, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster