Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

buglord
Jul 31, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
Buglord
There's this weirdo I found who has animates his invention ideas to solve problems that either dont exist or can be solved in much cheaper more practical ways.

I cant read either russian or ukranian, so a lot of this stuff is a mystery, but here's a gigantic quad copter drone thing (delivered in secret by a fruit truck, no less) that can kill an entire opposing air force
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hF9UufzGgYQ

and then on the more mundane level, heres a self building tent that can be deployed in a city park that elevates itself about a dozen feet into the air for some reason.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X43Ouh_uRQU

anyway this dude has a million subscribers but the animation budget has got to eat up a lot of that, so is this money laundering or something? i cant convince myself that this dude is a true believer in any of this, but the videos keep rollin out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Welcome to 2014 or so.

Jothan
Dec 18, 2013

buglord posted:

anyway this dude has a million subscribers but the animation budget has got to eat up a lot of that, so is this money laundering or something? i cant convince myself that this dude is a true believer in any of this, but the videos keep rollin out.

IIRC he’s a patent troll

e: this one’s my absolute favorite but it’s got lp people talking over it I’m sorry

Jothan fucked around with this message at 00:16 on Oct 11, 2022

Tomfoolery
Oct 8, 2004

buglord posted:

There's this weirdo I found who has animates his invention ideas to solve problems that either dont exist or can be solved in much cheaper more practical ways.

I cant read either russian or ukranian, so a lot of this stuff is a mystery, but here's a gigantic quad copter drone thing (delivered in secret by a fruit truck, no less) that can kill an entire opposing air force

and then on the more mundane level, heres a self building tent that can be deployed in a city park that elevates itself about a dozen feet into the air for some reason.

First one says "a weapon that will appear in 10-20 years". The second one is "Solar-powered homes for the homeless, a free place to spend the night." Sounds about right for something the US would do in 20 years, rather than actually solve homelessness.

Mooey Cow
Jan 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pillbug
Time to take a poo poo in my toilet that doesn't require plumbing as instead a quadcopter picks up the turds and flies them to the industrial turd processing center where they are turned into more inventions.

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth

buglord posted:

Why do the giant drones need to have the propeller blades inserted into the rotors instead of just folding up like on an Osprey? Why do the homeless tents rise off the ground? It's like he's making this stuff unnecessarily complicated to ensure people won't be able to build it.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

I came up with all this first

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon

Mooey Cow posted:

Time to take a poo poo in my toilet that doesn't require plumbing as instead a quadcopter picks up the turds and flies them to the industrial turd processing center where they are turned into more inventions.

That's outmoded thinking, my invention features suppository poop drones that get the poop from the source

Zeniel
Oct 18, 2013
I'm pretty sure there were Retsupurae videos on these

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

buglord posted:

can't believe the self-assembling giant drone needs someone to manually insert the belt feeds from its cartoonishly oversized ammo boxes. good job, i bet this invention will really show the Kaiser what for. dumbass.

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
is this a fetish

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S6uZfTRv0K0

Neato.

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

Zeniel posted:

I'm pretty sure there were Retsupurae videos on these

yup

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lnbl9CZ9tOI

Wall Balls
Jun 3, 2007

Spanish Castle Magic

this guy is elon musk without the money

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Also I'm 100% certain this guy is russian since his giant drone is blowing up american military vehicles in the video.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

Jothan posted:

IIRC he’s a patent troll

e: this one’s my absolute favorite but it’s got lp people talking over it I’m sorry

Lmfao that owns, it's like something a 10 year old would come up with

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
he could be from queens

Mooey Cow
Jan 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pillbug

Yaldabaoth posted:

Also I'm 100% certain this guy is russian since his giant drone is blowing up american military vehicles in the video.

He's Russian living in Turkey, which is why the company has a turkish name.

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

Yaldabaoth posted:

Russian living in Instanbul. Whatever keeps the hüzün at bay, in this case patent trolling and commisioning increasingly batshit 3D animations.

e:fb

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth

madeintaipei posted:

Russian living in Instanbul. Whatever keeps the hüzün at bay, in this case patent trolling and commisioning increasingly batshit 3D animations.

e:fb

If I was a russian patent troll I would be trying to patent military stuff that actually worked to keep russia's enemies from building it.

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

Yaldabaoth posted:

If I was a russian patent troll I would be trying to patent military stuff that actually worked to keep russia's enemies from building it.

You've just put more thought into this than literally anyone else in the world.

Better patent that poo poo.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer

Yaldabaoth posted:

Patent acts invariably let the state ignore patents they've granted if it's in the interests of national security.

Besides, all the "good" (militarily significant) stuff goes into the secure vaults where nobody can see it. The only sure way to stop other nations using a thing you've invented is to never tell anyone about it, and so most states forbid you from patenting certain things abroad without their prior permission.

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
Patents are for dorks. I'll manufacture and sell whatever I want to.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Big telecoms, semiconductor, medi/pharma and internet companies will gently caress you up. They do not piss about. Everyone else it comes down to whether they're prepared to pay for the legal costs.

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
Do you remember rainbow looms? I was working for a crafts company that did not immediately rip off rainbow looms because it was patented and it was known that the guy who came up with it was litigious so counsel advised against straight copying his poo poo.

Larry Rosen of Rose-Art, now Cra-Z-Art was like "gently caress that." and just ripped the dude off and made like $50 million that quarter and spent like less than a mill on the legal repercussions of ripping off the rainbow loom guy.

So the c-suite at my company got all pissy and fired every single lawyer working for them.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Sounds like the Rainbow guy had a poo poo lawyer too.

e - Or a poo poo patent. Normal counter-play is to invalidate the patent by any means possible.

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
He certainly had less money for lawyers than Larry Rosen yeah.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lawrence Gilchrist
Mar 31, 2010

kntfkr posted:

Do you remember rainbow looms? I was working for a crafts company that did not immediately rip off rainbow looms because it was patented and it was known that the guy who came up with it was litigious so counsel advised against straight copying his poo poo.

Larry Rosen of Rose-Art, now Cra-Z-Art was like "gently caress that." and just ripped the dude off and made like $50 million that quarter and spent like less than a mill on the legal repercussions of ripping off the rainbow loom guy.

So the c-suite at my company got all pissy and fired every single lawyer working for them.

That's cra-z