Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

"Reginald Baskin tumbles headlong into a world populated by beautiful, fit and vain vampires as an unlikely hero who will have to navigate every kind of obstacle - the girl he loves but can't be with, a bully manager at work and the vampire chieftain who wants him dead. Fortunately, Reginald discovers he has a few unrecognized powers of his own."

I was pleasantly surprised by this show. I assumed it was going to be pretty generic. But it's more willing to engage with the premise than I gave it credit for. It's a proper vampire show. It's not Interview with the Vampire, but it's not shying away from the sex and blood and murder.

Characters:

Reginald. The protagonist. Hapless and hopeless. Then he gets turned into a vampire and things get worse.

Maurice. The cause of (and solution to?) some of Reginald's problems.

Sarah. He likes her. She likes him. Neither of them has said so though.

Todd and Ashley. The coworkers. One of them's a real arsehole.

Claire. Probably the closest thing Reginald has to a friend, aside from Maurice.

The evil vampires. They're mean and murderous and they like blood orgies.

I like the show so far. I think, if you've read this far, you should give it a chance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013
Literally just started this tonight. Not even done with the first episode.

Hoping it gets brutal like Vagrant Queen did, feels like that would fit with the vibe the show is going for. The main workplace location is absolutely inspired by Heathers and similar 80's satires of soulless commercial death, and those were pretty bleak too.

"Student loans are the undead loans of loans." lol