Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

sirtommygunn posted:

He is but he missed 2 full seasons (opted out of covid year, injured the next) and sucks now.

Mosley isn’t bad. He’s overpaid because paying an inside linebacker $18m per is pretty dumb but he does his job well and he’s the leader of a top 5 defense in the league.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

kiimo posted:

Hi friends. Burrow is a fraud, apologies to the Dak Stan from earlier this season

burrow's incredible, he's just shackled to an idiot coach and an o-line who've all got money on how quickly they can get burrow killed

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Burrow's line is bad but he legit looks bad in the pocket so that's not helping.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Burrow should come to San Francisco because I'm sure we can fit him in as a "running back".

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

a neat cape posted:

Burrow's line is bad but he legit looks bad in the pocket so that's not helping.

that's nonsense, he routinely looks great in the pocket. he definitely has some bad games though, typically the ones where his o-line is absolutely entirely overmatched and the offensive playcalling is garbage on top of it. when that happens he both gets antsy and feels like he needs to play hero ball which for him means holding the ball too drat long

if his teams o-line coach weren't terrible at his job or if the bengals offensive coaching staff were capable of being the calm adults for their young qb in those moments and help him out with better playcalling i suspect you'd see less of those bad habits pop up.

but ya'll love to watch the bengals bad games and declare him a bad qb even though he's 3rd in passing TDs this year behind only Mahomes and Allen, is 1st in passing yards, and is hovering around a 70% completion percentage. the kid's incredible.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Who said he was bad

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
So which is it? He good in the pocket or bad? I haven’t watched many bengals games this season, just 2. And one of them gave me ptsd from watching my Hawaiian roll get hurt

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

AndrewP posted:

he's been better this year and generally has his moments, but overall not a great first round pick

He seems more like an overperforming low or undrafted player rather than a first rounder.

I wonder if we are in fact going to try to resign Roquan, and just kind of see him as a replacement for Queen who didn't pan out. Cause aside from Lamar most of our draft picks these last few years aren't going to be getting big second contracts. Hollywood traded, Queen no, Oweh eh, Bateman who knows if he can ever get over his injuries, been hurt half the time he's been here. Current two are just rookies.

So Lamar might be expensive but so far none of these other guys are really big second contract types. Really a shame because if like one or two of these guys had been big hits this team would be in a much better spot.

Kawalimus fucked around with this message at 11:49 on Nov 1, 2022

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
Take away Chase and Burrow becomes Tyler Palko

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Hyperbole aside I do think Chase makes that offense go as it is right now. Burrow is good, but he's not making Tee Higgins and Tyler Boyd look great without some help.

I mean, Myles Garrett also exists and he and his buddies probably had some impact last night.

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014
If the Ravens win the Super Bowl this thread title should be re-used for the post season

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.

Amy Pole Her posted:

So which is it? He good in the pocket or bad? I haven’t watched many bengals games this season, just 2. And one of them gave me ptsd from watching my Hawaiian roll get hurt

Burrow was pretty lousy in that game until the 4th quarter and then he was good so probably both?

WalletBeef
Jun 11, 2005

syzpid posted:

If the Ravens win the Super Bowl this thread title should be re-used for the post season

Announcer : The Ravens did not win the Super Bowl.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

TheBizzness posted:

Burrow was pretty lousy in that game until the 4th quarter and then he was good so probably both?

That one specific game maybe, but I believe all parties were saying overall. I mayyybe wrong

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer

Grittybeard posted:

Hyperbole aside I do think Chase makes that offense go as it is right now. Burrow is good, but he's not making Tee Higgins and Tyler Boyd look great without some help.

I mean, Myles Garrett also exists and he and his buddies probably had some impact last night.

Tee and Tyler are very good receivers but they don't get instant separation. Joe would be fine with a 3+ second pocket and no Chase, the problem is when he's gone and Joe still is obligated to get rid of the ball in two seconds. The biggest bad habit I've noticed from him this year is that he seems to be too willing to surrender the middle of the field.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

WalletBeef posted:

Announcer : The Ravens did not win the Super Bowl.

This team has the pieces to go on a run. Esp with Roquan. Whether theyll actually do it though...

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.

Amy Pole Her posted:

That one specific game maybe, but I believe all parties were saying overall. I mayyybe wrong

You’re definitely right but only Dolphins games matter.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Amy Pole Her posted:

The Bengals and Chargers OLs are giving up about the same pressure rate and Burrow has eaten three times as many sacks as Herbert. Maybe I just don't know football but that would lead me to believe Burrow either holds onto the ball too long or has bad pocket presence

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

a neat cape posted:

The Bengals and Chargers OLs are giving up about the same pressure rate and Burrow has eaten three times as many sacks as Herbert. Maybe I just don't know football but that would lead me to believe Burrow either holds onto the ball too long or has bad pocket presence

he holds the ball too long. its his version of hero ball, he'll just hold it loving forever if they're having a lovely day on offense to try and make something happen. hopefully he gets out of this dumb habit next year bc its his biggest flaw. his pocket presence is fine, its actually pretty good bc he slides around in the pocket well and you can see that he feels the pressure he just loving refuses to give up on the play sometimes

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Relentlessboredomm posted:

he holds the ball too long. its his version of hero ball, he'll just hold it loving forever if they're having a lovely day on offense to try and make something happen. hopefully he gets out of this dumb habit next year bc its his biggest flaw. his pocket presence is fine, its actually pretty good bc he slides around in the pocket well and you can see that he feels the pressure he just loving refuses to give up on the play sometimes

That might be the case then. It's no dig on Burrow, I'm just salty because Herbert is throwing to practice squad receivers with just as bad an OL and with his ribs falling off and gets way more scrutiny than Burrow when he looks bad because one of his all pro WRs is out.

Tldr I'm petty and mad.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

a neat cape posted:

That might be the case then. It's no dig on Burrow, I'm just salty because Herbert is throwing to practice squad receivers with just as bad an OL and with his ribs falling off and gets way more scrutiny than Burrow when he looks bad because one of his all pro WRs is out.

Tldr I'm petty and mad.

yea i get that. my honest assessment is they both need better coaches bc they're being woefully underutilized for their skillsets. like yea Burrow still has his flaws as does Herbert but the biggest issue is they get put into dumbass situations by their coaches.

hopefully herbert gets to work with Payton next year.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

a neat cape posted:

Tldr I'm petty and mad.

I don’t think the Chargers OL is as bad as the Bengals. Herbert is better at getting the ball out though. Some of that is down the WCO that Lombardi is running which obviously has its drawbacks as well.

Burrow is good but he has his issues just like every young QB.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

I hope either the chargers or bengals get payton, they'd both be electrifying teams with him running their offenses

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

really queer Christmas posted:

I hope either the chargers or bengals get payton, they'd both be electrifying teams with him running their offenses

Same, and both QBs deserve to be saved from their current coaches.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

YOLOsubmarine posted:

I don’t think the Chargers OL is as bad as the Bengals. Herbert is better at getting the ball out though. Some of that is down the WCO that Lombardi is running which obviously has its drawbacks as well.

Burrow is good but he has his issues just like every young QB.

I think the Chargers OL has better individual pieces, but they're giving up about a 14% pressure rate while Cinci is at about 16%

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
It is very frustrating that Jonah Williams is playing below what he did the prior year, because the interior OL is better.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

dont talk about joe burrow

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill

a neat cape posted:

Tldr I'm petty and mad.

Every article I’ve seen all year has Herbie ranked above Burrow. Chill brother

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

a neat cape posted:

Tldr I'm petty and mad.

Imagine how it felt watching all that AND having your head coach actively work against him?

He will rise like the Phoenix