Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
I've ran over.... hmmm.... 3 people in my life.

First was in high school- our Japanese exchange student. He and I and a couple of other moron kids were TP'ing another kid's house in the middle of the night. The family heard something going on and turned on the outdoor lights. We all ran, and the Japanese kid was the last to make it to my car. He was halfway in the driver's side back seat when I started to go forward. He fell and I ran over his legs.

Motherfucker shrugged it off and laughed and snapped pictures of the house with the camera he always had with him.

I hope you're doing well, Takahisha. You were cool as gently caress, no lie. Always had great candy.

Second was (one of) my crazy ex-girlfriend who was trying to beat me with a piece of rebar. Third was a piece of poo poo Nazi.

What I'm saying is I've had a good run.

isaboo fucked around with this message at 02:23 on Oct 30, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost
why do you feel the need to repeatedly specify that the driver presented as a woman op

FatCow
Apr 22, 2002
I MAP THE FUCK OUT OF PEOPLE
So some jaywalker hassled a car driver is what I'm hearing here.

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth

Methanar posted:

why do you feel the need to repeatedly specify that the driver presented as a woman op

It's relatively common for goons to share stories about their encounters with horrible women.

Pac and Cheese
Oct 29, 2010

gotta walk fast

precision posted:

about 10 feet away from the cross walk

sorry this happened but you're supposed to look both ways and avoid cars when you're jaywalking. the real injustice here is a country not having universal health care

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost
op do you think this would have happened if the driver was a man

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life
its me i ran over the OPs foot, im not sorry. I was to busy posting

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life
next time maybe dont stand 2inches from oncoming drivers op they might be preoccupied with phone posting :twisted:

olives black
Nov 24, 2017

LENIN.
STILL.
WON'T.
FUCK.
ME.

Cugel the Clever posted:

Unironically ban cars.

:yeah:

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

FatCow posted:

So some jaywalker hassled a car driver is what I'm hearing here.

“What’s she gonna do, hit me?”

~ guy who was hit by car

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Methanar posted:

Well, that's a fair question. If I thought you were asking it in good faith I'd answer it.

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

tune the FM in to static and pretend that its the sea

precision posted:

Well, that's a fair question. If I thought you were asking it in good faith I'd answer it.

They are not asking in good faith

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

I think the biggest thing they presented was their tire to Ops foot.

Wifi Toilet
Oct 1, 2004

Toilet Rascal
So your foot got run over while you were in the middle of the street? I'm sorry that happened to you OP.
I can't decide if I mean this sincerely or sarcastically.

Computer viking
May 30, 2011
Now with less breakage.

I remember my driving instructor saying that having the right of way does not mean you have the right to drive into anyone in your way - but this is pinko commie Norway, so :shrug:

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
For real, though. I feel bad for OP because he's homeless.

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.

Gologle posted:

I mean, your foot is probably straight up broken. Unless someone who knows more about cars and weight distribution than I do comes in and says otherwise, I know that cars weigh approximately a fuckton and having all that weight pass through a tire into your foot will absolutely break and crush it. IMO, this SHOULD be an open and close thing with a lawyer, considering the probable 9-1-1 call and the people who would have seen your physical condition and all.

Sorry you went through that, I got hit by a car many years ago and to this day I still think I have some lingering permanent damage outside of the superficial minor scars. I think IIRC I was in pain for about two week afterward? Best thing you can do is try to sleep as much as possible and let your mind try to run away from the agony as it heals. Also go to a loving hospital if the ambulance didn't take you there already so they can actually look at your foot.

The force of the car (weight, force = mass x acceleration [gravity]) is equal to the air pressure in the tires across the contact patch area times the number of tires.

Eg a 32 psi tire exerts 32 pounds of pressure per square inch on the ground

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

Sorry about your foot, OP. Get well soon.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
It still hurts a lot but it isn't getting worse, I can mostly walk today. The cold air seems to be the main thing making it hurt more

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

that is a positive development, it means you now have the ability to know when there's a storm a-comin' because of a crick in your foot

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Bad Purchase posted:

that is a positive development, it means you now have the ability to know when there's a storm a-comin' because of a crick in your foot

yeah it really sucks that i went directly from "dumbass college kid" to "bitter old hipster" without getting to enjoy "being a regular adult"

i know i'm not that old, and i deffo don't look that old, but some days, i really feel that old

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
It's not us who are getting old, it's the world. That's why it keeps getting meaner, angrier, and more hostile.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
it really depresses me, often, that so many people are such a gently caress

like, i'm pretty fuckin poor even when i'm not, but if any of the many homeless people around here ever directly ask me for help, i pretty much never can say no. i don't think it's even because i've "been there" or "are there", either, i was like this when i was a kid too

this junkie lookin dude at the gas station asked me if i had a dollar just now. at first i was like "hey bro sorry i don't, i'm kinda homeless myself, hey lemme give you a tip - don't get run over, the cops will blame you, it happened to me"

and i got in my car and

i noticed i had a dolar bill in my change tray thing

so i didn't even think for one second i just ggrabbed it and went back out and gave it to him, because one literal dolar is not gonna make or break my life, but it might really help this dude to get his food or whatever drug he needs to get through the day

a lot of times i just give them some food though, since i usually have some food in my car because eating out while i work is expensive so i'll have like soup and crackers around and i'll give em some of that

and so, like, if even a stupid rear end in a top hat like me can do that poo poo, why doesn't more people do that? why doesn't the people in really nice cars who own houses do that??? i drive around all day every day, my main income is in Uber/Dordash, and trust me when i say that almost nobody else ever gives them ANYTHING...

i don't wanna embarass them but a goon did step up to help me in this situaton though, so obviously there's good people... but nowhere near enough of em, IMO

The Butcher
Apr 20, 2005

Well, at least we tried.
Nap Ghost
You are doing good things. I do think it's getting harder. Even a small hand up for others struggling means a lot. We have to take care of each other if nobody else will.

Observed one of the tenters last night had a kid with them. Obviously concerning. Listened for awhile to feel it out. It was their own kid, and the kid was fine, and happy (they are really adaptable) and clearly not an abuse situation. Just a sad one.

Slid them some food and water under the tarp quietly later when they were both asleep.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

yeah. stand inbetween kids and the street on halloween. It you feel good enough dive in-between the kid and the car

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿

precision posted:

it really depresses me, often, that so many people are such a gently caress

like, i'm pretty fuckin poor even when i'm not, but if any of the many homeless people around here ever directly ask me for help, i pretty much never can say no. i don't think it's even because i've "been there" or "are there", either, i was like this when i was a kid too

this junkie lookin dude at the gas station asked me if i had a dollar just now. at first i was like "hey bro sorry i don't, i'm kinda homeless myself, hey lemme give you a tip - don't get run over, the cops will blame you, it happened to me"

and i got in my car and

i noticed i had a dolar bill in my change tray thing

so i didn't even think for one second i just ggrabbed it and went back out and gave it to him, because one literal dolar is not gonna make or break my life, but it might really help this dude to get his food or whatever drug he needs to get through the day

a lot of times i just give them some food though, since i usually have some food in my car because eating out while i work is expensive so i'll have like soup and crackers around and i'll give em some of that

and so, like, if even a stupid rear end in a top hat like me can do that poo poo, why doesn't more people do that? why doesn't the people in really nice cars who own houses do that??? i drive around all day every day, my main income is in Uber/Dordash, and trust me when i say that almost nobody else ever gives them ANYTHING...

i don't wanna embarass them but a goon did step up to help me in this situaton though, so obviously there's good people... but nowhere near enough of em, IMO

Live by the car, die by the car. It's the way of the road

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

in my area, running over someone’s foot is a signal to let them know you’re dtf

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Bad Purchase posted:

in my area, running over someone’s foot is a signal to let them know you’re dtf

:wink:

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

:rice:

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Nevermind.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

forgot about it

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

welcome to gbs!

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

forgot about it

It was Chinatown?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
update the update:

so, thanks to the kindness of goon, i was able to just not work for a couple days, and i'm no longer homeless, i'm in a downtown studio apartment that lets me pay weekly. i've worked a normal amount today and my foot is deffo still verra sore and i still walk like i'm in massive pain, which i am, but it's no longer "you might gently caress something up" pain. the elevator doesn't work in this building so even without working i've had to go up and down stairs and even doing that, it feels betterr every day, so i'm probably not doing any long term damage

so, things are going tenuously okay! i would like to take more time off work, but i don't want to go back to being fun homeless