Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MadDogMike
Apr 9, 2008

Cute but fanged
I've been having a strange issue whenever I start up my computer, during bootup I get the following message:

"Please enter setup to recover BIOS setting.

After setting up Intel(R) Optane memory or the RAID configuration was built, SATA Mode Selection must be changed to RAID mode to avoid unknown issue."

I go into the BIOS menu but all the options appear to be set where they were originally (have a checklist from when my computer was assembled). When I exit without changes, it reboots and everything works normally. Only change I can think of that might be related is I did add a new power supply/graphics card, but this was over a month ago and it's been running fine until now. Any ideas what I should be checking, or what the issue could be related to? I'm perplexed how I can have a BIOS issue but the computer runs fine without actually changing anything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

I'd make sure you're on the latest motherboard BIOS.

Sometimes these errors are related to the CMOS battery failing.

MadDogMike
Apr 9, 2008

Cute but fanged

Zogo posted:

I'd make sure you're on the latest motherboard BIOS.

Sometimes these errors are related to the CMOS battery failing.

I just saw the drat time reset in BIOS this time, so think between that and primary recent change being power supply being replaced you're right about it being battery. Thanks for giving me something to go on!