Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lincoln
May 12, 2007

Ladies.
I like the taste of pickles, especially on a burger, but I don’t like the slimy, wet texture. So what I recently started doing is marinating shredded iceberg lettuce in pickle juice. And I top the burger with that. Is this a known thing? Surely throughout the history of human cooking, somebody thought of this. I alway dress my burgers and sandwiches with shredded iceberg lettuce for the texture. My wife, friends and family treat me like a weirdo when I mention this iceberg/pickle hybrid. Granted, I may be a weirdo, but I think my argument is valid. Pickle Lettuce should be a thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hutla
Jun 5, 2004

It's mechanical
Buy better pickles.

Lincoln
May 12, 2007

Ladies.

Hutla posted:

Buy better pickles.

No!!! Out of the jar, pickles are fine. But when you put them on a hot burger they wilt after a couple of minutes. It has nothing to do with the quality of the pickle. I find that pickled iceberg lettuce is vastly superior in crunch and taste to lettuce + pickle.

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser
As someone extremely wary of lettuce because of its tendency to become wet sludge in an instant, while simultaneously being a god-tier fridge pickle maker who makes the crispest crunchiest pickles on earth, you aren’t making a lick of sense buddy.

aw frig aw dang it
Jun 1, 2018

hold the pickles
hold the lettuce
all we want is pickle-lettuce

w4ddl3d33
Sep 30, 2022

BIKE HARDER, YOUNG BLOOD
what youre describing is just a salad with a vinaigrette

CumBlast Radius Jr
Nov 1, 2022

by Azathoth
Hahahahaha

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Salad_dressing

Discussion Quorum
Dec 5, 2002
Armchair Philistine
Finally, a take that would have unified the food hot takes thread.

Serious question, why not just use sauerkraut?

w4ddl3d33 posted:

what youre describing is just a salad with a vinaigrette

:lol:

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Mario Mario beat you to it by about 26 years, I'm sorry to say.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

to be fair, dressing your lettuce before throwing it on a sandwich is a power move and just makes a lot of sense

Leviathan Song
Sep 8, 2010
I love a good caesar burger. Dress some romaine lettuce with caesar dressing and fresh paresean. It's a god tier burger topping.

thetan_guy42
Oct 15, 2016

murdera

Lipstick Apathy

Borsche69 posted:

to be fair, dressing your lettuce before throwing it on a sandwich is a power move and just makes a lot of sense

I took this move from Matty Matteson and it's made my subs a lot better. Also the bread scoop is crucial

parthenocarpy
Dec 18, 2003

my sandwiches now get this disguisting mixture of yellow mustard, frank's, white pepper, parmesan and shredded lettuce. god bless you op for thinking this up

Xenophanes
Nov 8, 2015

parthenocarpy posted:

my sandwiches now get this disguisting mixture of yellow mustard, frank's, white pepper, parmesan and shredded lettuce. god bless you op for thinking this up

The legend of the pickle lettuce spreading far and wide, becoming more and more incredible and convoluted with each wild-eyed, whispered retelling.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

parthenocarpy
Dec 18, 2003

We are preparing the thanksgiving pickle-lettuce now