Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

I think Mbappe's all right but his family management sucks

I also support all of his "gently caress you sponsor" endeavours for the national team and the FFF can eat poo poo imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
its frances fault qatar got the world cup after all

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Mbappé seems like one of those dudes that couldn't stop being cool if he tried

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
Apparently the French team all have an unspecified virus that gives them flu symptoms and makes them play badly and may have been given to them by Declan Rice: https://www.theguardian.com/football/2022/dec/16/varane-konate-and-coman-train-apart-virus-france-world-cup-final

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

vyelkin posted:

Apparently the French team all have an unspecified virus that gives them flu symptoms and makes them play badly and may have been given to them by Declan Rice: https://www.theguardian.com/football/2022/dec/16/varane-konate-and-coman-train-apart-virus-france-world-cup-final

declan rice finally does something cool

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

It’s probably covid and they’re just not testing because then they’d actually have to do something

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Either she stays home or Messi gets covid, either way I win

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Vegetable posted:

It’s probably covid and they’re just not testing because then they’d actually have to do something

no it can't be covid they told me it was just a mystery unspecified virus that happens to have all the same symptoms as covid but doesn't require you to test or quarantine

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

Choose this life you're on your own
Mers?

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

The flu?

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

La flemme?

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
La grippe

Jean-Paul Shartre
Jan 16, 2015

this sentence no verb

Nah, mecs, it's just the game is on Sunday, and it's every French man and woman's right to take Sunday off.

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

JohnCompany posted:

Nah, mecs, it's just the game is on Sunday, and it's every French man and woman's right to take Sunday off.

They're sure playing like it too

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Mbappé status: still cool

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

the witch doctor was late but he delivered

abuse culture.
Sep 8, 2004
Farce.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
I'm content as long as Ronaldo is crying his portuguese heart out

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
Pogba cast the greatest curse of all: hope

Her Dryer
Oct 15, 2012
RIP France if you had a goalkeeper who was good at saving penalties you are probably world champions again.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Witch doctor 1 France 0

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

For all the talk about France’s insane depth their options seemed limited this final. It was still all Mbappe in the end.

Dr. Mantis Toboggan
May 5, 2003

Her Dryer posted:

RIP France if you had a goalkeeper who was good at saving penalties you are probably world champions again.

France doesn't even make it to the final (or pens this match) without Big Hugo

Average Lettuce
Oct 22, 2012

Vegetable posted:

For all the talk about France’s insane depth their options seemed limited this final. It was still all Mbappe in the end.

They lost the depth through all the injuries.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire
Subbing Giroud before the half, lmao. England level tactics.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

? England brought Grealish on with one minute to go. That was opposite of England tactics

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
All of the subs in regular time were improvements imo, the criticism is that he just should've started with all of those guys.

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

He should have subbed Dembele off a month ago

Alctel
Jan 16, 2004

I love snails

Two of the best matches I've ever seen both involved France (the other being the Swiss game last Euros) so thank you France I guess

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

Gigi Galli posted:

Subbing Giroud before the half, lmao. England level tactics.

trem_two posted:

All of the subs in regular time were improvements imo, the criticism is that he just should've started with all of those guys.

Fairly certain Giroud greaseman and dembele were all sick and shouldn't have been on the pitch in the first place. Once they had their healthy b team on the pitch they looked good!