Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

Ouroboros posted:

Of course not all NFL players are freakish giants, but my whole point is that you had better be if you don't have the technical skillset. Pacey footballers don't typically have the change of direction or strength and durability to play RB, and probably don't have the hands to play WR. Maybe some would have a chance as a Desean Jackson-esque deep threat; that is the one position where a few professional sprinters have turned the heads of NFL teams over the years, but it has almost never worked out because they don't have good enough hands and the skillset still requires speed over a shorter distance than they are used to.

But yes I will agree that this is stupid and we are stupid.

Did you know: the defensive side of the ball exists

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

biglads
Feb 21, 2007

I could've gone to Blatherwycke

Peter Crouch WR

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

biglads posted:

Peter Crouch goalpost

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!
Legitimately laughed at skip bayless's take on the Saudi Arabia game

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Zoran posted:

Legitimately laughed at skip bayless's take on the Saudi Arabia game

Did your mom cut the crusts off of your sandwich how you like?

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!
Sorry, “If Saudi Arabia can go and beat Argentina, then my Dallas Cowboys can win the Super Bowl” is the funniest possible thing for FS1 to cut to immediately after Denmark/Tunisia

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

So, crust or no crust?

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

Zoran posted:

Sorry, “If Saudi Arabia can go and beat Argentina, then my Dallas Cowboys can win the Super Bowl” is the funniest possible thing for FS1 to cut to immediately after Denmark/Tunisia

I once spent a week with Skip's sister, she is quite nice and assures me he's playing a bit.

All the same, lmao

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

trem_two posted:

Tim Tebow
wow the usmnt is even more pathetic than i thought

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020

Zoran posted:

Saudi Arabia beat the Us in the GWOT from the jump, there’s not much those guys can’t do

TDepressionEarl
Oct 28, 2010

I'm trying to win the World Cup
but I'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps playing Argentina onside

the universe will surely not allow the lions to win their thanksgiving match

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

TDepressionEarl posted:

the universe will surely not allow the lions to win

TDepressionEarl
Oct 28, 2010

but I'm dummy thicc

the bills end of half field goal elegantly segues into kickoff for bra-ser

TDepressionEarl
Oct 28, 2010

but I'm dummy thicc

Judgy Fucker posted:

TDepressionEarl posted:

the universe will surely not allow the lions to win

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020
If there’s one thing American football could bring to association football, it’s really big hats

https://twitter.com/Sam4TR/status/1596980982804275200

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
There are probably quite a lot of footballers who could play as wide receivers and defensive backs in gridiron, although a lot of footballers would probably have to put on some muscle weight to be any good.

You could also find some QBs and running backs. The pickings for linebacker and tight end would be pretty slim, and you’d essentially get no linemen because at that point we’re talking about entirely different athletic skill sets.