Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-63499057

quote:

KFC has apologised after sending a promotional message to customers in Germany, urging them to commemorate Kristallnacht with cheesy chicken.

The Nazi-led series of attacks in the country in 1938 left more than 90 people dead, and destroyed Jewish-owned businesses and places of worship.

It is widely seen as the beginning of the Holocaust.

The message, heavily criticised for its insensitivity, was later blamed on "an error in our system".

The fast food chain sent an app alert on Wednesday, saying: "It's memorial day for Kristallnacht! Treat yourself with more tender cheese on your crispy chicken. Now at KFCheese!"

Around an hour later another message was sent with an apology, according to the Bild newspaper.

"We are very sorry, we will check our internal processes immediately so that this does not happen again. Please excuse this error," the message is reported to have said.

looks like KFC Germany did not see this one coming!!

(USER WAS AUTOBANNED FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.
Neither did you op

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
An RSS feed banned itself.

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

Seth Pecksniff posted:

Neither did you op

HAmbONE
May 11, 2004

I know where the XBox is!!
Smellrose
Wtf is tender cheese?

Fucked-Up Little Dog
Aug 26, 2008

Posting live from the nightmare future of Web 3.0

Scratchmo

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe
oh. niiiiice
Wendy's and Union Carbide present, for a limited time only : The Bhopal Bun.
In spicy or extra spicy.

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

staberind posted:

oh. niiiiice
Wendy's and Union Carbide present, for a limited time only : The Bhopal Bun.
In spicy or extra spicy.

it's got that zero accountability flavor i love.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

i guess germany doesn't have freedom of speech like we do here in america, to openly celebrate history's most famous pogroms with fast food sandwiches

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Celebrate ethe My Lai Massacre with the colon Pow special.

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

Zesty posted:

An RSS feed banned itself.

lol thanks mate

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Wait do you get to keep your av if you’re autobanned? Laaaaame!

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
More like Autobahnned lol

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

If to live in this style is to be eccentric, it must be confessed that there is something good in eccentricity.

Grimey Drawer
I live in Germany. But I went to KFC on the 8th instead - if only I knew there'd be a promotion the next day. But cheesy chicken isn't even kosher.

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

Toxic Mental posted:

Wait do you get to keep your av if you’re autobanned? Laaaaame!

Yeah that was a change made a while ago

Rugikiki
Jan 15, 2008

Illinois Nazis.
I hate Illinois Nazis!

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Seth Pecksniff posted:

Yeah that was a change made a while ago

Really? I just unbanned my account and I didn't get my old avatar back. Can you help?

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

Toxic Mental posted:

Really? I just unbanned my account and I didn't get my old avatar back. Can you help?

only for autobans, doesnt work if you get banned for egging on political violence

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

FYI Don't hurt people, even your political enemies. And don't insinuate or imply it's a solution either.

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

Do you Americans have a holiday to celebrate the North winning the Civil War? If so, how about a TV ad with Colonel Sanders (played by Gilbert Gottfried's corpse) spruiking like "Don't be a slave to the stove this holiday!", and "It's a cotton pickin' tasty deal!"

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

BigBadSteve posted:

Do you Americans have a holiday to celebrate the North winning the Civil War? If so, how about a TV ad with Colonel Sanders (played by Gilbert Gottfried's corpse) spruiking like "Don't be a slave to the stove this holiday!", and "It's a cotton pickin' tasty deal!"

We have Juneteenth which celebrates the end of slavery which was made a federal holiday................................. last year.

It made a lot of white people mad.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Leave it to white people to get mad about getting a day off

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

Leave it to white people to get mad about getting a day off

Um actually I think they were mad that a national fast food chain was suggesting they celebrate a low point in their nations history and one of the first acts carried out by the Nazis to exterminate the Jewish :actually:

Extra row of tits
Oct 31, 2020

Pennywise the Frown posted:

We have Juneteenth which celebrates the end of slavery which was made a federal holiday................................. last year.

Make them go to work instead

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

I always do. Only because I eat McDonalds every day. It's for the Jews

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Smugworth posted:

Um actually I think they were mad that a national fast food chain was suggesting they celebrate a low point in their nations history and one of the first acts carried out by the Nazis to exterminate the Jewish :actually:

I was taking about Juneteenth, Mr Worth, and after reading Mr Hairytaint’s op-ed in the latest issue of the newsletter I’m beginning to suspect his concerns about your cognitive decline may be valid.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost
Gods people. I love them

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

Pennywise the Frown posted:

If you haven’t watched the Gracie’s Corner Juneteenth video with your toddler you’re doing them and yourself a disservice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Szyznyk posted:

If you haven’t watched the Gracie’s Corner Juneteenth video with your toddler you’re doing them and yourself a disservice.

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

Gods people. I love them