Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

If to live in this style is to be eccentric, it must be confessed that there is something good in eccentricity.

Grimey Drawer
In the manga and/or anime and/or award-winning film, Speed Racer (マッハ ゴー ゴー ゴー [Mahha GoGoGo]), the titular character, Speed Racer (I guess his parents already knew what career they wanted for him), drives the Mach 5 - a racecar that has a bunch of buttons that do a bunch of fancy things like pogo over obstacles or deploy saws and whatever else that he uses to win races because I guess these things are allowed.

Here's a list of what the buttons did (spoilers):

Somehow he has less buttons than modern cars.

James Bond also had a few cars with some interesting gadgets:

If you could outfit your car with several buttons that pulled off impossible feats, what would you go for?

I think I'd do for my buttons:
A: Deploys a burrito
B: Signals to other drivers and pedestrians my intention to make a turn in the near future
C: Clears the snow off my car, and also my driveway and sidewalk
D: Burrows underground
E: Creates a noxious odor behind the car that discourages tailgating
F: Helicopter mode, but I never use it because of gas prices, thanks Obama
G: Blasts La Cucaracha

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

I think I'd choose this WHITE FC RX-7 as my mach 5

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

What's that sonny? did you say white Mark 5?

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher
Hmmm, dunno, I'd be more a White Mach 1 myself

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

Hmmm, dunno, I'd be more a White Mach 1 myself

You need better fuel economy than that. Try a white 1988 Honda accord

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

FLIGHT SAFETY TIP: Fatties out first

How about a Misty Beige Metallic Honda Accord instead?

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

You could get a balance of both power and economy if you went with a Red Honda Accord.

The red adds 15 horsepower.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Speed Racer would've been all about the performance offered by electric powertrains, so I'm going with a Red Ford Mustang Mach-E.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

I'm all about the big and slow, how about a red Cadillac Fleetwood 75? (the 75 was the super long version)

(irony: powershift posting a small car, I'm posting a huge car.. doesn't powershift usually post huge cars? that's a fuckin bangin Accord too)

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe
Big and slow and ancient history? Nahhh there's nothing better than a Red Defender 90

Big Taint
Oct 19, 2003

Who has time for that old busted farm equipment when you can drive the new Defender in a tasteful....I'm gonna say bronze.

Ass-penny
Jan 18, 2008

I don't know this game the AI natives are playing, but if I had magic buttons in my 2010 Hyundai Elantra I'm going with...
A) going to have to steal that burrito button
B) A/C (should have shopped for that, that was my bad)
C) reparks other cars on the street to utilize the space better
I'm going to end there tho because it was taking me to long to come up with a fourth.

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

New defenders are nice but they always looked top heavy to me. I'd rather have a bronze rolls boattail.

Steakandchips
Apr 30, 2009

Rolls are lovely, but sometimes you just want to be out of a hermetically sealed box and enjoy the weather, the smells of the countryside and enjoy the ride on a Harley-Davidson Softail:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

I vote foul, and counter with a coke-tastic bronze 1978 Cadillac Eldorado Biarritz.

With a rear seat made for shaggin'

KozmoNaut fucked around with this message at 12:11 on Nov 13, 2022

monsterzero
May 12, 2002
-=TOPGUN=-
Boys who love airplanes :respek: Boys who love boys
Lipstick Apathy
'Bronze' is just a bougie way of saying 'metallic brown-' and it's all just orange with context anyway. I come from humble stock, so here's a metallic brown '78 Toyota Corolla like the one I may have been conceived in.

charliemonster42
Sep 14, 2005

Going hard mode here and posting my own metallic brown Porsche Cayman S which is the best car I've ever owned.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
Car game sucks, I would go with la cucaracha horn too.

bennyfactor
Nov 21, 2008
I would go with this plausibly bronze BMW with la cucaracha horn

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dyZ0JAVj8s0

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

charliemonster42 posted:

Going hard mode here and posting my own metallic brown Porsche Cayman S which is the best car I've ever owned.

Seems a little bougie, I'd probably go with a brown 1980 Pinto wagon for a more practical grocery getter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

If to live in this style is to be eccentric, it must be confessed that there is something good in eccentricity.

Grimey Drawer

Liquid Communism posted:

Seems a little bougie, I'd probably go with a brown 1980 Pinto wagon for a more practical grocery getter.

I'm a big fan of the stripes on this white 1979 Pinto wagon from a year earlier.

Now if only it had a button to turn the wheels into paddle wheels for driving across water.