Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_neVBUmAmiU

looks like doublelift is perma retiring for realsies this time. sucks his attempted runback died after a single season, but i think a combination of him being past his best before date and salaries plunging into the toilet forced his hand

it's been a real end of an era year between CLG and TSM leaving and the final remnants of the true OG talent fading away. doublelift was the last remaining big name NA player, a dude who people actually recognized internationally, and now his career candle's finally flickered out. as always, i do hope we get a renaissance out of the budget cuts and start seeing a new generation of NA talent that can cut the mustard internationally, but it's gonna be a long drat time

also got confirmation for the T1 skins: jayce (zeus), lee sin (oner), jinx (gumayusi), bard (keria), and ahri (faker), the last of which is guaranteed to make riot games one million billion dollars

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Vermain posted:

also got confirmation for the T1 skins: jayce (zeus), lee sin (oner), jinx (gumayusi), bard (keria), and ahri (faker), the last of which is guaranteed to make riot games one million billion dollars

oh nice, that's a pretty great lineup

VROOM VROOM
Jun 8, 2005
T1 Lee Sin and SKT T1 Lee Sin pointing at each other like Spider-Mans

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Those skins are going to buy Guma a house.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

CODChimera posted:

oh nice, that's a pretty great lineup

Lineup is good but apparently Faker's ideas for the design are terrible and the KR fanbase is distraught over Guma's wishes for Jinx, too, since they think it's gonna be a return to SKT Vayne levels of designs.

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy

Vermain posted:

and ahri (faker)

he finally did it. he can retire in peace

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Taciturn Tactician posted:

he finally did it. he can retire in peace

5 stars look better than 4.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
The Red Bull League event is kicking off in less than an hour. I think it features T1 playing against EU teams.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Raged posted:

The Red Bull League event is kicking off in less than an hour. I think it features T1 playing against EU teams.

I legit didn't know a thing about this and it just showed up on my YouTube recommendations as a live stream

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dSjPne-Cll8

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

I kinda feel bad that Faker & crew had to fly out all the way to Germany for a promo event where they need to cream some small-time EU-teams on the curb

also lol @ the coach of the first German team using the stage to immediately poo poo on their opponents Eintracht-Spandau

(additional lol @ the name "Eintracht-Spandau" in esports)

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Duzzy Funlop posted:

I legit didn't know a thing about this and it just showed up on my YouTube recommendations as a live stream

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dSjPne-Cll8

okay yeah wow this needed more advertisement...

Savage Cracker
Jul 21, 2010
this is so stupid. i love it

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

I was like a second away from posting "good effort by NNO" but now I get even more of this beautiful madness

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Goddamn, Wunder, Jankos, Flakked and Perkz are currently on the Heretics lineup? They're basically G2

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions
Goddamn is my favourite player in that lineup for sure

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
MarkZ is now LCS Commissioner.
I have no idea what that entails

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G_Fvj2gXdqo

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

He's now basically the guy at Riot that all the team bosses yell at.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

not exactly a move i had on my bingo card, but i think it's actually the best choice they could've made. markZ is a smart dude with a clear passion for the LCS who also understands the audience and what they want on a far more intimate level than any of the pencil pushers they've had in the role before

i hope they've got the talent pipeline open to replace him on the broadcast though, dude brought great energy to the cast and was a consistent presence on both the dive and HLL

(also it only got briefly brought up but LCS is back to a weekend schedule, thank christ)

Vermain fucked around with this message at 18:39 on Dec 12, 2023

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Excel and Giants have merged to form GIANTX which is a dumb name but maybe they thought that thing Elon Musk did with the Twitter building was cool.

Also we should probably get the 2024 thread going, LEC starts next weekend.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

njsykora posted:

Also we should probably get the 2024 thread going, LEC starts next weekend.

i've got some free time tomorrow so i'll get it up and running by then

curiousCat
Sep 23, 2012

Does this look like the face of mercy, kupo?
demacia cup has been interesting oh it's blg vs jdg finals zzzz

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

2024 changes. MSI winner is now guaranteed a spot at Worlds outside their region's usual spots. Losing finalist gets a 4th spot for their region. So the 2 regions that make the MSI finals will get 4 Worlds spots, with the LCS and LEC getting 3. MSI in China, Worlds in Europe with the final at the O2 in London, LEC Studio has gotten a refurb, they're finally starting the Lolesports Hall of Fame.