Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

Loving Africa Chaps posted:

Can't believe I've got a delivery coming during the England game tomorrow 😭

What are you getting

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->
A clue

velocirapstar
Oct 8, 2018

Get Confident, Stupid!

lol

SoylentCola
Mar 21, 2001

Ultra Carp

paddyboat posted:

what’s going on here

Such a tiny face!

Her Dryer
Oct 15, 2012

Al-Saqr posted:

I gotta be honest, the Qataris did not do as badly as other World Cup openers did, like my national team Saudi Arabia lost to Russia 5-0 last time, then the plane the team was on on the way to Rostov caught on fire lol

Tune in tomorrow when the team has to face off against Argentina for a real laugh riot

SA did at least win a game last time. I feel pretty confident Qatar will finish with zero points, and if they play like that again then possibly zero goals.

joepinetree
Apr 5, 2012
I don't see why people are thinking that the disallowed Ecuador goal was onside. The line is drawn from the next to last defender including the goalkeeper, not the last line player. With the gk ahead that line was drawn correctly and he was offside.

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

Hegay posted:

What are you getting

It's

Pipski
Apr 18, 2004

paddyboat posted:

what’s going on here

Well, if he sees a shadow, six more weeks of winter.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

Classic

Mainwaring
Jun 22, 2007

Disco is not dead! Disco is LIFE!

joepinetree posted:

I don't see why people are thinking that the disallowed Ecuador goal was onside. The line is drawn from the next to last defender including the goalkeeper, not the last line player. With the gk ahead that line was drawn correctly and he was offside.

People see a defender in front and immediately assume onside.

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

Hegay posted:

What are you getting

Adalimumab

waffle enthusiast
Nov 16, 2007

Isn’t the offside determined at the moment the ball is passed though? As far as I can tell, everyone is onside at that point. Is this different for a set piece or something?

joepinetree
Apr 5, 2012

waffle enthusiast posted:

Isn’t the offside determined at the moment the ball is passed though? As far as I can tell, everyone is onside at that point. Is this different for a set piece or something?

As far as i can see the Ecuadorean player heads the ball at that moment which is why the line is drawn there.

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

joepinetree posted:

As far as i can see the Ecuadorean player heads the ball at that moment which is why the line is drawn there.

Correct, the header on is the pass the offside decision is taken from.

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?

fridge corn posted:

ECU gently caress-off is what I say when I get a car in with a check engine light on

jeebus bob
Nov 4, 2004

Festina lente

Oof hope you get better soon

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

joepinetree posted:

The only angle they showed at the time it happened appeared even and it took like five minutes to get the 3D drawings from SAOT to show that the leg was just off

waffle enthusiast
Nov 16, 2007

The graphic is from when the goalie goes to punch the ball on the first ball in though. Like I don’t see anywhere an Ecuadorean player touches the ball with a teammate in an offside position. By the time the header, bicycle kick, and final header happen, everyone is onside.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

(I also suck at soccer rules so am willing to believe I’m totally missing something)

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

He doesn't have to touch the ball, he only has to impact play in any way. So if the keeper had to alter his path to get to the ball, for example, then the player is active and offside.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

The graphic is from when the goalie goes to punch the ball on the first ball in though. Like I don’t see anywhere an Ecuadorean player touches the ball with a teammate in an offside position. By the time the header, bicycle kick, and final header happen, everyone is onside.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

(I also suck at soccer rules so am willing to believe I’m totally missing something)

I think the ball comes off the Ecuadorian player (Torres?) that’s is challenging the goalkeeper, which is why the freeze frame is there, and the player who collects the ball to cross it in is the one who has his leg just beyond the second to last defender

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

joepinetree posted:

I wasn't watching that part, but from this screenshot it looks offside to me?

it does indeed look offside there, and now that Ecuador have won fair and square I can accept it

joepinetree
Apr 5, 2012

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

It looked like a header to me, not a goal keeper punch. The ball goes up instead of forward.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
Who loving cares? Qatar lost that's all that matters. God this world cup sucks

DutchDupe
Dec 25, 2013

How does the kitty cat go?

...meow?

Very gooood.

joepinetree posted:

imo if people have to get into this level of minutiae over an offside then its just a stupid rear end application of the rule. ban var from offsides.

waffle enthusiast
Nov 16, 2007

DutchDupe posted:

ban var from offsides all instant replay from all sports

hard agree.

waffle enthusiast fucked around with this message at 22:53 on Nov 20, 2022

Nuclear Spoon
Aug 18, 2010

I want to cry out
but I don’t scream and I don’t shout
And I feel so proud
to be alive
replace VAR with a panel of 11 people who don't give a gently caress about sports. they have 8 seconds to make a decision based off a looping clip

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

Loving Africa Chaps posted:

Can't believe I've got a delivery coming during the England game tomorrow 😭

On top, doggy style, or caesarean OP?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

It would have been a hella goal. How often ever have you seen a bicycle assist? Like that one ffs.

Mr. Mambold fucked around with this message at 23:06 on Nov 20, 2022

TDepressionEarl
Oct 28, 2010

I'm trying to win the World Cup
but I'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps playing Argentina onside

the vikings new longhouse dome looks neat but the twins never should have left hhh

edit wrong thread lmao. does anybody know why domes were a red line not to be crossed but two thousand nepali souls weren't

TDepressionEarl fucked around with this message at 23:42 on Nov 20, 2022

Pook Good Mook
Aug 6, 2013

ENFORCE THE UNITED STATES DRESS CODE AT ALL COSTS!

This message paid for by the Men's Wearhouse& Jos A Bank Lobbying Group

TDepressionEarl posted:

the vikings new longhouse dome looks neat but the twins never should have left hhh

edit wrong thread lmao. does anybody know why domes were a red line not to be crossed but two thousand nepali souls weren't

I've never heard a good answer after years of asking this.

I honestly think it's just a power move. They could easily afford it

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

Hegay posted:

Its loving bad, especially because Denmark is winning it all and I'd love a proper good outdoor celebration

Hegay, rumor has it that twitter is broken (we know that's pretty true) and is now streaming full length movies (maybe). So there's a likelihood that, Allah willing, twitter doesn't go dark for a month and all matches will likewise be streamed. You'll have to check.

Allahu Akbar

Elon not so much

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Deleted

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Are all goals automatically reviewed by VAR? There is no way anyone human caught that offsides as a clear and obvious error

Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Are all goals automatically reviewed by VAR? There is no way anyone human caught that offsides as a clear and obvious error

they are trying out a new technology that does even more to alienate the fans from an organic experience

https://www.fifa.com/technical/foot...side-technology

Nuclear Spoon
Aug 18, 2010

I want to cry out
but I don’t scream and I don’t shout
And I feel so proud
to be alive

https://twitter.com/TJFrancisLive/status/1594397314004967424

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009