Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

dredg has been putting out their back catalog out on vinyl recently. Starting with Leitmotif last year and delivering a few months ago. They also have started selling their second album, "El Cielo" as a 20th anniversary vinyl release (although at this point they only have the bundles left).

Three days ago they announced "The Vault" on Instagram:

quote:

VAULT - a bold, very limited collection of previously unreleased and recently sourced works of art, music, video and relics spanning 28 years time.

The centerpiece is a 340 page hardcover book (10" x 13") signed, numbered and personalized, encapsulating the entire career of the band, from childhood to today.

Other articles and relics include re-releases of early music, unreleased documentary studio footage, conceptual letters, maps, lyric books, as well as never released music.

Each vault is delivered in a custom artwork printed box personalizing the experience from the moment it arrives.

All proceeds go towards funding the new dredg album, LP #6.

- each VAULT will come with a unique symbol pin (pictured here)

- For the next 15 days we will release images of the contents included in the VAULT.

- AVAILABLE Dec. 1.

Besides dropping that it's for an upcoming album, this vault seems to be including the rare stuff from their past. In the last two days since this got announced they already revealed that a "Making of El Cielo" DVD will be part of this, and just today revealed that it's including a CD of the three track "Orph" EP. (Yesterday's update was a "Sticker sheet 1994-2022")

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Yesterday they announced a patch, but today they announced something that I can’t decide if it’s cool or lame. “Casio Without Arms”, a version of Catch Without Arms, as performed on a Casio by Dino, released on cassette. Instagram has a sample.

https://www.instagram.com/p/ClUAnE0vcV3/?igshid=NTdlMDg3MTY=

SpeakSlow
May 17, 2004
Picked Leitmotif off of one of those sound stations at my local music store at the time, Ernie November. Wanted that sound pushed forward, so I felt pretty let down with their successive releases.

Still, great loving band and good to see them reach for it with a comprehensive set like that. When you make a bid for longevity, you'd best not break up under pressure.

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

Was wondering why I caught myself singing Ode to the Sun the other day.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Looks like this is the full contents of the vault:

https://www.instagram.com/p/Clk-Dy-OmwP/?igshid=NTdlMDg3MTY=

quote:

VAULT

Limited to 1000

Each VAULT will come with a 334 page Hardcover book, Canvas tote bag, Making of el cielo DVD, Casio w/o Arms Cassette, Halong Bay Flexi Vinyl, Sticker Sheet, Gavin Art Book, Pariah Patch, Orph EP, Symbol Pin, Pariah Postcard, Cartoon Showroom mini CD and USB drive.

Each VAULT will come stuffed with relics including letters, maps, stickers and surprises.

Each VAULT will come signed, numbered and personalized.

The VAULT will be offered with special edition TIERS. The tiers include Walter, vault hand, Orph mask, Chuckles Mask, Casiotone MT-500, special signed dredg photo guitar, Gavin painting, actrual pages from Gavin's lyric journals for specific songs (Bug Eyes, Lightswitch, Same Ol' Road, etc.), a zoom Call with the band and extra *Relics.

Extra *Relics include 3 additional relics from the memories of stuff we photographed for the pages of the book. This includes actual photos, laminates, ticket stubs, stickers, journal pages, maps, and any other imagery you see within the book.

Another tier is a zoom call with the band. This will be a 20 minute call where we will play you a sample of our new music or something of the sort.

There will be 3 LUCKY VAULT winners. If you happen to find a golden vault pin located inside your vault box - your vault will come with tons of extra *Relics and you will receive a 6x6 inch painting by Gavin and Drew.

dredgvault.com

angrygodofjebus
Aug 25, 2005

Drink it up and hunker down
I bought one because I'm an idiot. I already have so much merch and concert posters, Drew's paintings, etc. from back in the day, I had to.

All the high priced stuff is already sold out, really hoping this gets them whatever they need for LP 6. And whoever pays for the Zoom call with them demoing new music better record that poo poo.

All that being said, especially knowing Drew, this should be a killer package. They haven't said anything about shipping dates that I know of though?

e: lol the picture they use on the confirmation e-mail is one of Drew's 6x6 paintings that I have

angrygodofjebus fucked around with this message at 20:00 on Dec 1, 2022

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Yeah I bought one of the standard bundles. It’s more than I should have spent at $250 after tax and shipping.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

:kingsley: I just got an email with a tracking number! :kingsley:
Not shipped yet, but I might actually get the Vault before Christmas.

angrygodofjebus
Aug 25, 2005

Yeah they posted on FB today that the shipments are going out. Right on!

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Got my Vault in this morning before 7am (dang USPS, that's incredibly early). My book is number 181/1,000.

I have been spending this morning blowing off work, and archiving all the media they sent me (ripped the flexidisk, made an ISO out of the thumb drive, ripped the CDs and the DVD, scanned a few things). I'm pretty happy with this vault, but the music archive could have been better. They're just mp3s, and 160-192kbps ones at that. Not very extensive either, I have many more rarities from CDs and their website than they had on this drive. I haven't read through the book or anything yet, but the book is extremely well made. I'm going to be adding the scraps of new-to-me music very soon to my iTunes and see if there's anything I don't have. The El Cielo "Brushstrokes" they included were much different from the songs I had (and I had higher bitrates than them), but they don't even have ID3 tags, just named in the filename. So it's a messy collection of rarities, which is a bummer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

angrygodofjebus
Aug 25, 2005

Mine arrived today.

I haven't listened to the media yet, but there is so much stuff included and it's packaged so well. A ton to dig into but I don't feel as bad paying for it now after seeing everything. Just flipping through the main book is bringing back so many memories.