Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

puchu posted:

Now imagine if LeBron played for the USMNT
LeBron James brings the Crab Dribble to soccer and the world is never the same.

Just Chamber posted:

We'll slice him in two
Then throw him in two different oceans just to be safe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020
Ill say it after watching it again: the US was the better team today. They had all the real chances (couldnt finish, but Wes had a few, Pulisic hit the crossbar, etc) and ran the center of the pitch. Only thing that makes sense to me is some variation on this:

Alctel posted:

Every world cup winner has a poo poo game they scrape through, Southgate being a tactical genius just decided to have it early, before the knockouts

because England should be killing us. its mental to not start Grealish and Foden in that match. It would be fun as hell for Engerland to actual win the thing, as we arent ready, but I dont trust Southgate after seeing that dross.

USA future is bright because weve just entered that although we dont have any true superstar quality players, we actually have top quality players that are not so good they refuse to play well together stage that will make us capable of beating anyone internationally. We just need to age a bit and come into a few more top quality players to be able to cycle out the MLS guys to role players and one trick pony type supersubs (staring at Zimmerman who cost us the group title).

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

A Buffer Gay Dude posted:

Ill say it after watching it again: the US was the better team today. They had all the real chances (couldnt finish, but Wes had a few, Pulisic hit the crossbar, etc) and ran the center of the pitch. Only thing that makes sense to me is some variation on this:

because England should be killing us. its mental to not start Grealish and Foden in that match. It would be fun as hell for Engerland to actual win the thing, as we arent ready, but I dont trust Southgate after seeing that dross.

USA future is bright because weve just entered that although we dont have any true superstar quality players, we actually have top quality players that are not so good they refuse to play well together stage that will make us capable of beating anyone internationally. We just need to age a bit and come into a few more top quality players to be able to cycle out the MLS guys to role players and one trick pony type supersubs (staring at Zimmerman who cost us the group title).

Going with a double pivot against your energetic pressing midfield 3 was loving suicide lmao Declan Rice spent the entire game doing loving rugby passes

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Their piss and poopoo op

weird guy
Jul 19, 2022

by Azathoth
https://mobile.twitter.com/mimi_ec__/status/1596201738448650245

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

Три полоски,
три по три полоски
Anyone actually find any evidence of English throwing paper airplanes and chanting 911? Or is that journo bullshit. He's not even twitter verified lol. Cmon bro 8 bucks.

ozmunkeh
Feb 28, 2008

hey guys what is happening in this thread

Preoptopus posted:

Anyone actually find any evidence of English throwing paper airplanes and chanting 911? Or is that journo bullshit. He's not even twitter verified lol. Cmon bro 8 bucks.

totally real

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
You had one loving job USA, one job

Wizard Master
Mar 25, 2008

I am the Wizard Master
What are your blokes thoughts on the US and England drawing in last nights World Cup game

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
two bad teams

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

Три полоски,
три по три полоски

Al-Saqr posted:

You had one loving job USA, one job

They chanted USA so job done imo.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

England's gameplan was nonsensically bad

Southgate had to have been fooled by the US playing 4-4-2 and he had zero ideas to fix that

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

Preoptopus posted:

Yes England Lions John Terry and Fat Frank Lampard did this on 9/11

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

Wizard Master posted:

What are your blokes thoughts on the US and England drawing in last nights World Cup game

I think they should have been playing instead of doodling in sketchbooks.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Feels good knowing the same English fans who tore on Cymru earlier today then had to watch their team play that badly. Not sure how they best Iran but itll be fun to watch them get annihilated when they play a legit good team.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Today, I feel Mexican.

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

TheRat posted:

Today, I feel Mexican.

I would love it if Mexico wins or gets a draw, OP

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Mexico should bully Argentina into the turf

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
Counterpoint: Mexico don't deserve nice things so they should end the tourney with 1 point and 0 goals.

Beffer
Sep 25, 2007

Ill say it after watching it again: the US was the better team today.

You watched it twice?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
new day, new thread!

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4018360