Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

Wazzerphuk posted:

Soccerooins

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.
seriouspost: given the squad and the coach i didn't expect australia to win a single match and after the big loss to france i was even gloomier. to rebound from that with two wins, two clean sheets, first time in the knockouts in 16 years, and to push one of the world's strongest sides all the way is an incredible performance

disappointed but not surprised, and honestly really proud of what we've done

a real chump
Jul 30, 2003

noice
Nap Ghost
Lmao Kuol has never started on a professional team. That's the talent pool that played the argies.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
RIP socceroos at least you played better than usa

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

props to Austrialia, they made a game out of in the end

rip

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Looks like it was an aussie sandwich all along, and Argentina just finished it. rip Australia you're eating fresh in heaven now

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

the sex ghost posted:

Looks like it was an aussie sandwich all along, and Argentina just finished it. rip Australia you're eating fresh in heaven now

Anybody got the original sandwich post? It's been a while

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
good effort australia it looks like getting closer to europe by joining eurovision is helping with the football fundamentals

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
Messi was hungry for a Melbourne sandwich

Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!
Ausfailia

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Losstralia

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Game deserved a draw at FT, whatever for ET. But also Australia has to show the world some real A-League quality bloopers so in the end, a fine match.

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

Amoeba102 posted:

Game deserved a draw at FT, whatever for ET. But also Australia has to show the world some real A-League quality bloopers so in the end, a fine match.

lol it really did not deserve a draw on merit. Don't get me wrong I'd have hooted and hollered for an Aussie win, but gifting them daylight and cannoning a goal kick bound shot off someone's arse for a freak goal, on top of so much poor delivery from set pieces despite having giants vs tiny manlets, does not a scrappy draw make

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

puchu
Sep 20, 2004

hiya~

puchu posted:

I believe in footlong toasted meatball on Italian herbs and cheese

I had this on rye which is why Australia lost. Sorry everyone.