Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

What a tiny stadium being played by teams I have never heard of. But it is on TV and nothing else is.

What is a "cup replay"?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Manchester United are currently losing a friendly to Cadiz, 2-1 at halftime.

Donny van de Beek looks totally out of his depth against the second string from a team 19th in La Liga.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

lol the first time I watch a non-world cup soccer game ever and there is an own goal in the first 5 minutes

King of False Promises
Jul 31, 2000

keepers trying their best to outdo each other

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009

Shrapnig posted:

Donny van de Beek

lmao forgot he was at man united

Southam-Hales, Lemonhaigh-Evans, Forster-Caskey, Blackett-Taylor and Maynard-Brewer. 10 players for the price of 5. Is this a hyphenated player name record?

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009

blue squares posted:

What a tiny stadium being played by teams I have never heard of. But it is on TV and nothing else is.

What is a "cup replay"?

In the FA Cup (England's domestic knockout trophy) if the teams draw then they replay the game a few weeks later to determine a winner

Nowadays it only happens in the early rounds but back in the day you used to get finals being replayed multiple times. Iirc the record for replays was like 6 or 7

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

the sex ghost posted:

In the FA Cup (England's domestic knockout trophy) if the teams draw then they replay the game a few weeks later to determine a winner

Nowadays it only happens in the early rounds but back in the day you used to get finals being replayed multiple times. Iirc the record for replays was like 6 or 7

Oh cool thanks

King of False Promises
Jul 31, 2000

c'mon you Hatters

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

He missed it because of his gloves. Never trust a player who wears gloves

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
I've been to the Stockport hat museum

It was decent

King of False Promises
Jul 31, 2000

yesss game on

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
theyll be having greggs vegan rolls in the streets of charlton tonight

King of False Promises
Jul 31, 2000

game getting spicy

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

I spent the last 15 minutes figuring out what the FA Cup is and how it works. Pretty cool! Seems like the top clubs don’t really care about it though

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

The flops here are worse than the WC lol

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Hell of a shot

King of False Promises
Jul 31, 2000

almost a third for Stockport!

King of False Promises
Jul 31, 2000

ooo penalty

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
oh man I forgot this was going to be on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
will collar was just too strong, i bet his xG was off the charts