Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

DID NOT VOTE FOR FETTERMAN

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
I'm down for it.

Triggerhappypilot
Nov 8, 2009

SVMS-01 UNION FLAG GREATEST MOBILE SUIT

ENACT = CHEAP EUROTRASH COPY

I dont approve of allowing anyone to "do" transformers

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!
i'll mention the gridman meme first

Triggerhappypilot
Nov 8, 2009

SVMS-01 UNION FLAG GREATEST MOBILE SUIT

ENACT = CHEAP EUROTRASH COPY

On second thought I will allow studio Trigger to do the transformers so long as the touch by stan bush is playing

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

Triggerhappypilot posted:

On second thought I will allow studio Trigger to do the transformers so long as the touch by stan bush is playing

Oh absolutely mandatory. I bet it would still rock with Japanese lyrics

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
Actually in retrospect they sort of already did it. There's an entire Transformers episode of Panty & Stocking.

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

Julias posted:

Actually in retrospect they sort of already did it. There's an entire Transformers episode of Panty & Stocking.

Let them do it for real

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

God can you imagine how much of an uke bishōnen their Starscream would be

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
I'm not too well versed on Transformers as a corporate property, but didn't Hasbro take (more of) the reins at some point, which was around the time that they stopped making Transformers anime as well?

It almost feels like the franchise is too active to allow it a proper nostalgic anime revival like Gridman got. You'd probably end up with something closer to an incredibly mid Polygon Pictures Transformers anime, produced by Netflix, that has a little too much in common with the Bay movies, instead.

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

We haven't had a quality show since Transformers Animated. Everything has been cgi shovelwear ranging from passable (Prime, Earthspark) to atrocious (War for Cybertron), either way they look like video game cutscenes or knockoff Pixar movies from 10 years ago.

Others may disagree with me, especially the actual target market of transformers cartoons i.e. actual children

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Prime was solid imo

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡

Triggerhappypilot posted:

I dont approve of allowing anyone to "do" transformers

*crumples up doodle of a dragon dry humping Bumblebee*

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Prime was solid imo

have you considered that it was ugly?

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

Now this is not ugly see the difference.

https://imgur.io/gallery/qOw88yl

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

War and Pieces posted:

have you considered that it was ugly?

Ugly 3d is a classic part of Transformers history and we should respect it when the cartoons remember their roots

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Ugly 3d is a classic part of Transformers history and we should respect it when the cartoons remember their roots

rewatching beast wars and it honestly held well even if somewhat goofy

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

Plutonis posted:

This. I keep going back to some of the clips on Youtube, like this one and it's just still so good; the voice acting and character writing was just that good.

I liked Prime, Prime was fine. The Netflix series was just... Disappointing. Although someone on the production team must've really liked Dinobot because he was one of the few people who got their same character arc.

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

Plutonis posted:

I dare you to publicly state an opinion on Beast Machines

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

War and Pieces posted:

I dare you to publicly state an opinion on Beast Machines

I got this, I like Beast Machines. The older I get the more I kinda appreciate what its going for.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Raenir Salazar posted:

This. I keep going back to some of the clips on Youtube, like this one and it's just still so good; the voice acting and character writing was just that good.

I liked Prime, Prime was fine. The Netflix series was just... Disappointing. Although someone on the production team must've really liked Dinobot because he was one of the few people who got their same character arc.

Oh yeah I meant the CG quality was goofy but it had real good loving writing for a 90s cartoon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
Oh yeah, especially the first season the CGI had that early Reboot feel to it.