Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you
Fire works well at fairy, 1lb and 3lb because most bots are TPU or UHMW, use foam or cast from TPU wheels and don't have thick enough top or bottom armor to resist the heat. 12lb and up is where you see mostly metal construction

Most events don't allow fire for safety/arena reasons and honestly it's probably a good thing. If you get melted like that your basically tossing the whole bot which sucks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Bertha the Toaster posted:

It happened again. Droopy just sliced into an iPhone in the corner when fighting Mixtape.

Burned and pierced Iphone 15 pro... was still functional. :lol:

Bertha the Toaster
Jan 11, 2009
Yeah that was amazing, how didn't the chips melt off the board?

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Mixtape did it AGAIN in cage 3 vs Synthesis, lights were melted again, poor synthesis got completely deconstructed.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Good round of fights for the finals. All judges decisions.

Next event is January 20th with only new bots allowed.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Next round of NHRL and quite a few surprises in the knockout rounds, some fantastic fights, won't spoil it but the firebots really brought their A game.

edit: ok one spoiler, Jonathan, Huges's' owner, managed to turn the housebot off with his weapon+wheel and it seems that despite it being an exhibition match, it was still his $1k for doing so.

ewe2 fucked around with this message at 13:58 on Dec 8, 2023

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
I'm pretty sure 20 Dutch Ovens could take any military on the planet

Bertha the Toaster
Jan 11, 2009
Would explain what keeps happening to random warehouses in Russia.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Battlebots Destruct-a-thon now has gotten another extension and there's shows scheduled through July. Still no news on filming of Championship 8, although I'm not in their paid FB group that might have more information on it.

NHRL however is back streaming this Saturday with their all new bots event. They have reduced the bot field quite a bit with only allowing 96 - 3lb bots. Not sure if that's the plan for the entire year but they also had a limit for the 12lb and 30lb fields with 1 getting 16 bots and the other 24 depending on registrations. All new bots so probably a lot of kit bots, but also some familiar faces trying new bots out for the year.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Haven't watched the NHRL stream too much today, forgot about it earlier and been watching football today instead... Ricky Willems (always thought it was Williams for some reason...) is competing in this event, so it seems they got Adam Wrigley of Team Shatter to cover as part of the commentators. He's doing a pretty good job, he seems to get pretty technical on the bot design stuff which is pretty cool.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

Haven't watched the NHRL stream too much today, forgot about it earlier and been watching football today instead... Ricky Willems (always thought it was Williams for some reason...) is competing in this event, so it seems they got Adam Wrigley of Team Shatter to cover as part of the commentators. He's doing a pretty good job, he seems to get pretty technical on the bot design stuff which is pretty cool.

he had a good bit about how (idk how to define them) poker or spear robots should work after a really good round. but the ravens came on and i blanked on the rest of the day

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord
Anyone know if NHRL going to put up the full stream from Saturday or just this prime time 4 hour video?

MikeNCR
Oct 11, 2003

dwarf74 posted:

Anyone know if NHRL going to put up the full stream from Saturday or just this prime time 4 hour video?

Here's the earlier part of the day - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7C6iSvDtFB4

They're doing a new split now where the first part of the day is gonna be on this channel with a much tighter focus on fights, then they take a short break and do the quarter finals to finals during "prime time" on the main channel.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

MikeNCR posted:

Here's the earlier part of the day - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7C6iSvDtFB4

They're doing a new split now where the first part of the day is gonna be on this channel with a much tighter focus on fights, then they take a short break and do the quarter finals to finals during "prime time" on the main channel.
Oh excellent! Helped by the man himself.

Thanks, man!

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Guess I was slacking a bit. The next NHRL event is this weekend, March 2nd! Still running the smaller fields that they did for the all new bots event in January. So there's 96 - 3lb, 24 - 12lb, and 13 - 30lb bots competing.

They don't seem to have the daytime stream lined up yet on YouTube for whatever reason, so you'll have to just check their main channel! https://www.youtube.com/@NHRL/featured

Also still no info on Battlebots Championship 8, but with Destruct-a-thon events currently scheduled through July, I assume they are having trouble getting a network to order a new season :(

Bertha the Toaster
Jan 11, 2009
This was just recommenced to me on YouTube, its a panel with a bunch of NHRL and BattleBots people.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lag-6G_IPh8

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Some robots are fighting today. Seems to be a championship event since they just mentioned quarterfinals.

https://www.youtube.com/live/k55Q36gNngQ

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Just tuned in and caught the Clyde v Spartan match, the uh hot tip (sorry) is don't go too hard on the tape, it traps heat. Very close decision.

edit: also it appears at some point a cage bot got knocked out so there are no unsticks in a cage.

Point in case: Jamison Go just flipped 2 other bots into a corner, no cage bot = instant win.

ewe2 fucked around with this message at 04:18 on Apr 21, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Great event. Highly recommend watching the last few hours. Loved the Tony Clifton cameos and the upstarts upsetting the legends