Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle
i think the truth is somewhere in the middle

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Respect my Authori-teh! Lol

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Being fat and unlovable ftmfw

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

screw you guys, im going home. to the white house. -- president eric cartman

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Remember when Mr. Garrison was Trump? lol

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007

ty slumfrog :)
https://youtu.be/yJcVuA2fWMk

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

Gleichheit soll gedeihen
he's kind of anti-semitic

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.
god drat hippies >< lmfao

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Í̝̰ ͓̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉m̺̩͝ ͇̬A̡̮̞̠͚͉̱̫ K̶e͓ǵ.̻̱̪͖̹̟̕

teh gritty must go

MLSM
Apr 3, 2021

by Azathoth
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=85FdOJGf-3s

Greg Legg
Oct 6, 2004
How is modern south park? I don't think I've watched it in almost 20 years. I thought Professor Chaos was funny.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Greg Legg posted:

How is modern south park? I don't think I've watched it in almost 20 years. I thought Professor Chaos was funny.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qzEoBrr9gRA

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

Cuttlefush posted:

he's kind of anti-semitic

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost
"What the Jews" - Eric Cartman

CRAZY KNUCKLES FAN
Aug 12, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

Nosfereefer
Jun 15, 2011

IF YOU FIND THIS POSTER OUTSIDE BYOB, PLEASE RETURN THEM. WE ARE VERY WORRIED AND WE MISS THEM
i enjoy matt stone and trey parker's political views

DMCrimson
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost
respect my authoritah!

Only registered members can see post attachments!

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

the movie baseketball was pretty funny, my politics reflect this

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

my mom laughed really hard when i would do the cartman voice

cartman politics work

guidoanselmi
Feb 6, 2008

I thought my ideas were so clear. I wanted to make an honest post. No lies whatsoever.

To be honest, I find the best documentary reporting these days in things that dont really classify as documentaries. Things like South Park, movies like The Big Short and American Honey, and the This Is England series. They are all about portraying the real world but they do it in ways that are surprising and imaginative. They make you look at things in new ways. Whereas traditional documentaries seem a bit stuck. I think this has happened because most of them have been moved off TV and into the art house cinema circuit. As a result they tend to play to what their audience already know reinforcing their beliefs. Like the fact that bankers are bad. Or climate change threatens the world.

But the true genius is South Park. Every week they report on the world in a really original way. Their recent shows have been all about social media and internet trolling and it is just wonderful. They make you realise how strange and absurd that world is. But the show I would nominate is the three-parter they did called Imaginationland. It is about how terrorists take over all of our imaginations and then our imaginations run out of control with dark horror. So the US government decide to nuke our imaginations. But Kyle from South Park confronts the government and makes an epic speech about how what we imagine inside our heads is more real, and has had more effect on the world throughout history than us as just physical beings.

The whole story is a wonderful attack on the narrow rational utilitarianism of our age that both left and right have bought into. Its saying: you can make the world anything you want it to be. At its heart, South Park has a touching faith in human beings. That despite their absurdities and flaws, people have the capacity to create a better world. In our conservative times that is the most radical message of all.

Maximo Roboto
Feb 4, 2012

I remember back in 2005 some journalist came up with "King of the Hill Democrats" in response to South Park Republicans

https://www.nytimes.com/2005/06/26/magazine/king-of-the-hill-democrats.html

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

hank hill, assistant manager, comet ping pong

WorkerThread
Feb 15, 2012

><

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

south park has to have aged poorly

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

DID NOT VOTE FOR FETTERMAN

CODChimera posted:

south park has to have aged poorly

Early seasons prior to the switch to digital are a precious goldmine of timeless poop jokes

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

dance dance dance dance dance to the radio

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E7pfsneLSSM

says it all about politics really...

Maximo Roboto
Feb 4, 2012

Team America still holds up?

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

derka derka derp derp

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

guidoanselmi posted:

To be honest, I find the best documentary reporting these days in things that dont really classify as documentaries. Things like South Park, movies like The Big Short and American Honey, and the This Is England series. They are all about portraying the real world but they do it in ways that are surprising and imaginative. They make you look at things in new ways. Whereas traditional documentaries seem a bit stuck. I think this has happened because most of them have been moved off TV and into the art house cinema circuit. As a result they tend to play to what their audience already know reinforcing their beliefs. Like the fact that bankers are bad. Or climate change threatens the world.

But the true genius is South Park. Every week they report on the world in a really original way. Their recent shows have been all about social media and internet trolling and it is just wonderful. They make you realise how strange and absurd that world is. But the show I would nominate is the three-parter they did called Imaginationland. It is about how terrorists take over all of our imaginations and then our imaginations run out of control with dark horror. So the US government decide to nuke our imaginations. But Kyle from South Park confronts the government and makes an epic speech about how what we imagine inside our heads is more real, and has had more effect on the world throughout history than us as just physical beings.

The whole story is a wonderful attack on the narrow rational utilitarianism of our age that both left and right have bought into. Its saying: you can make the world anything you want it to be. At its heart, South Park has a touching faith in human beings. That despite their absurdities and flaws, people have the capacity to create a better world. In our conservative times that is the most radical message of all.

lol