Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

wheres all the supervillains trying to write they name on the moon and poo poo

are there any secret volcano lairs on this planet at all?????

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bossy lady
Jul 9, 1983

all the real supervillains traffic children and become senators / billionaires

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009
OP, people with massive amounts of resources and no scruples just do those things out in the open. Even if someone "catches" them, they can afford to pay the fines.

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009
They haven't gotten to the moon yet, but this year has seen some real progress in the field of ads floating in the night sky. Moon will be next.

Be patient, OP. poo poo drawn on the moon is still far off, but might happen in your lifetime.

god please help me
Jul 9, 2018
I LOVE GIVING MY TAX MONEY AND MY PERSONAL INCOME TO UKRAINE, SLAVA
Thieves already own the world in the form of government and corporations. It's going to be hard to find a thief who just steals for the love of the game, instead of becoming something like a right-wing grifter until they can just afford to buy stolen artifacts like Hobby Lobby does.

Buttchocks
Oct 21, 2020

No, I like my hat, thanks.
Carmen Sandiego stole all the sick-asses and it's your job to find them, gum-shoes!

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

There are lots of supervillains. They just figured out it’s perfectly fine to openly commit whatever crimes you like as long as you are rich and/or politically connected so no need for secret volcano lairs and the like.

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!
It happens more than you think. A group stole the Corn palace once, but then returned it when it turns out nobody gave a poo poo.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
I'd make out with Carmen on top of leaning tower of Pisa right before she steals it

sweet geek swag
Mar 29, 2006

Adjust lasers to FUN!

GolfHole posted:

wheres all the supervillains trying to write they name on the moon and poo poo

are there any secret volcano lairs on this planet at all?????

I'd say let the supervillain write their name on the moon, that one doesn't hurt anyone, and think of all the new technologies we'd get.

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

Deki posted:

It happens more than you think. A group stole the Corn palace once, but then returned it when it turns out nobody gave a poo poo.

now THAT is a maize ing

Lister
Apr 23, 2004

The purpose of most theft is so resell the items. Carmen would never be able to resell anything he stole because it was all too famous. To answer your question, it's because there are no thieves who would want to go through the work just to keep the cool poo poo that she would steal.

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat
ppl are out there pulling sick-rear end heists, they're just not getting caught like goddamn amateurs

fuckin' schoolkids are catching this carmen sandiego scrub, for chrissake

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

I found her
She's in Minnesota

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!

Smugworth posted:

I found her
She's in Minnesota

No she's not.

Duck
Dec 9, 2000

Prepare for the end.

Foo Diddley posted:

ppl are out there pulling sick-rear end heists, they're just not getting caught like goddamn amateurs

fuckin' schoolkids are catching this carmen sandiego scrub, for chrissake

Right if there were more kids out there looking, we’d see there are heists all the time. Carmen still at it herself, even.

They go unchecked because kids these days don’t know to look for her, so she’s just getting away with whatever

eSports Chaebol
Feb 22, 2005

Yeah, actually, gamers in the house forever,
there were those guys who stole 3000 tons of maple syrup from canada's strategic maple syrup reserves. that's definitely on the level of one of carmen's henchmen at least

eSports Chaebol
Feb 22, 2005

Yeah, actually, gamers in the house forever,
GUMSHOES someone has stolen all the maple syrup from our neighbor to the North, Canada! Can you tap into your detective skills, catch these sticky-handed bandits and make them turn over a new maple leaf?

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

eSports Chaebol posted:

there were those guys who stole 3000 tons of maple syrup from canada's strategic maple syrup reserves. that's definitely on the level of one of carmen's henchmen at least

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
Cause Carmen San Diego kept getting caught by goddamn children OP not exactly a criminal mastermind

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

Those henchmen are very .... rude :grin:

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

not the analytical engine
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p9o5eOEAmCo

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!
The unproduced 2003 script for a live-action Carmen Sandiego movie would have revealed she was really the granddaughter of escaped Nazi war criminals who fled to South America and was continuing their work stealing historical artifacts. After very negative reception, the project was shelved and the script was later reworked for an unmade Indiana Jones 4.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bluemillion
Aug 18, 2008

I got your dispensers
right here

god please help me posted:

Thieves already own the world in the form of government and corporations. It's going to be hard to find a thief who just steals for the love of the game, instead of becoming something like a right-wing grifter until they can just afford to buy stolen artifacts like Hobby Lobby does.

What we need is a villain with a bit of style.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sBbN4Cjzyrw