Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
One of my favourite comfort meals is frying off mushrooms and brussel sprouts in butter and garlic, adding a bit of spinach, male the garlic cream sauce, and toss it with fettuccine.

I don't know what it is called, but I know it's delicious, and not healthy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

seething with jealousy i am

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring

Vampire Panties posted:

:haibrower:

I was v. concerned it was going to taste weird because of its insane size, but it was very delicious!

The self-checkout shredded the receipt, but it weighed .38lbs (thats .42069kg for you foreigners reading along at home). At 3$/lb, that singular sprout cost a dollar shan't speculate on 🅱️iden's economy

clever of you to hide your penis in this pic op

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

William Henry Hairytaint posted:

I haven't had a brussels sprout since I was a small child and I hated them then. I wonder if I would like them now.

They actually invented a new cultivar of brussels sprouts since then that doesn't taste like poo poo anymore

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

syntaxfunction posted:

male the garlic cream sauce

You know what I'm talkin bout

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

the holy poopacy posted:

They actually invented a new cultivar of brussels sprouts since then that doesn't taste like poo poo anymore

yeah they're less bitter and sulfurous. big changes in the agriculture industry

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

elephant garlic isn't real garlic, in case anybody wwas about to jump in here posting about huge garlic

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Need that to fart good

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Then good vegetable fartz

sudonim
Oct 6, 2005
Why did our forebears decide boiling cabbage and it's derivatives was the way to go

Roasting/sauteeing them tastes so much fuckin better. Get some sear on em, just like steak. So good.

Like the maillard reaction just doesn't seem to exist for some people.

Plan R
Oct 5, 2021

For Romeo
Brussels sprouts can be made one of two ways. The wrong way or lightly boil them with some brown sugar. What kind of savage would roast them?

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

Plan R posted:

Brussels sprouts can be made one of two ways. The wrong way or lightly boil them with some brown sugar. What kind of savage would roast them?

What

sudonim
Oct 6, 2005

Plan R posted:

oh poo poo it's everyone's boomer parents

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

Plan R posted:

Roasted Brussels sprouts are glorious and if you haven't tried them, you need to, the way the leaves turn all crispy on the outside is :discourse:

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Roast cabbage steaks are good too

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

sudonim posted:

Why did our forebears decide boiling cabbage and it's derivatives was the way to go?

Boiling the poo poo out of cabbage with a salty meat, carrots and potatoes is one of the few things my boggy ancestors got right.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
FEEL FREE TO DISREGARD THIS POST

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.
Brussel Sprouts tossed with Tony's Cajun seasoning and olive oil then roasted in the oven is fantastic.

Brussel Sprouts and spicey seasoning goes incredibly well together.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Szyznyk posted:

Boiling the poo poo out of cabbage with a salty meat, carrots and potatoes is one of the few things my boggy ancestors got right.

But the best thing to do with cabbage is turn it into kimchi

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

Smugworth posted:

i agree

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

roasted Brussels sprouts with chopped almonds, bacon, and dried cranberries. so, so good

ClamdestineBoyster posted:

Jfc you should just throw that pan out. :cripes:

it's far from unsalvageable, but imo it's a good argument for wrapping it* up

*"it" being the dish it was cooked in, in some foil, for ease of cleaning

kazr
Jan 28, 2005

Did you know they bred the bitter taste out if brussel sprouts in the 90s?

sudonim
Oct 6, 2005

Szyznyk posted:

Ok I missed that boiling cabbage with meat or otherwise incorporating it into soups/stews is good. My wife is a 1st gen Russian American and the borscht she makes from her grandma's recipe has cabbage and is fuckin killer

Boiling it in isolation is still gross tho

Smugworth posted:

I neglected this too but to be fair picking any vegetable makes it good

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Smugworth posted:

WILL YOU SHUT THE gently caress UP ABOUT KIMCHI

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Literally A Person posted:

WILL YOU SHUT THE gently caress UP ABOUT KIMCHI

How rude

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

kazr posted:

Did you know they bred the bitter taste out if brussel sprouts in the 90s?

It was mentioned earlier in this incredibly long thread a couple times yes

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Plan R posted:

I think I know what the “R” in Plan R stands for

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

I think I know what the “R” in Plan R stands for

Lol

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!
I ussually just chop them in half and pan fry them with butter flat side down. Flip for a bit of char on the other side. Sea salt to finish.

Delicious and can be done before the oven finishes heating.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

brussel sprouts are delicious in all forms. let us be peaceful and tolerant of all forms of brassica pleasure