Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

And someday, together.. We'll shine.
i think im going to give poe2 deadfire another run, i feel like ive really gotten mastery over a lot of the systems (even with my mods) and want to give it a go.

but first, pentiment.

okay what all do you folks hope to do :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

check out the games beat thread in imp zone btw if u want a similar vibe of folks wrappin' stuff up and talkin' about games they like

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
i dont think theres any chance i finish it before 2023, but xenoblade chronicles 3

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

I got like right to the end of GoW (2018) but stopped before entering the finale, some six months ago, so I'm looking to restart (as is my habit for abandoned playthroughs of a game) and actually finish it this time

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

Ciaphas posted:

I got like right to the end of GoW (2018) but stopped before entering the finale, some six months ago, so I'm looking to restart (as is my habit for abandoned playthroughs of a game) and actually finish it this time

let me know how it goes!! it's been on my list for awhile and my brother loooved it so maybe ur reactions will push me over the edge

Feels Villeneuve posted:

i dont think theres any chance i finish it before 2023, but xenoblade chronicles 3

gah, i know, this is on my list too. might do the first one on the Switch to ensure i'll like the gameplay since it's a lil cheaper though

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

bUMmp!

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Don't think I'll be finishing up anything anytime soon but I'm looking to start up Witcher 3 possibly.

SpiritOfLenin
Apr 29, 2013

be happy :3

i'd like to finish up dishonored 2 before next year, but i dunno if i can manage to do it - been playing too much dwarf fortress, and most of the rest of the month is gonna be spent at my folks. who knows tho, i do need to finish it up before playing something from the steam sale

i will definitely get a winning run of streets of rogue before 2023 and maybe that will count. i keep dying to stupid poo poo in the 2nd district

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Waifu Radia posted:

let me know how it goes!! it's been on my list for awhile and my brother loooved it so maybe ur reactions will push me over the edge
the gameplay & combat's a lot of fun, as visceral as you'd expect from a GoW game. nice & flashy, and probably a lot deeper than i give it credit for, going by some of the bullshit i've seen on youtube. what keeps sticking out to me though - unsurprisingly, maybe - is the strength of my reaction to the protags' relationship with one another, and how that develops over the course of the story. little things like the way they talk to each other in fights; or even minor wordless details, like one early cutscene where Kratos moves to put his hand on his troubled son's shoulder in support, but hesitates & pulls back

genuinely stung me a little, watching that. hell of a thing, considering this is the same series that gave us a sex QTE in the first level of the first game :v:

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

also i get a giggle every time a character comments on how much of a loving loot goblin you/Kratos are lol

Rogue AI Goddess
May 10, 2012

I enjoy the sight of humans on their knees.
That was a joke... unless..?
Great Ace Attorney Chronicles.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

I'm trying to finish Signalis before posting my GOTY list.

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

im working through the whole tomb raider series and i'm halfway through 3 so it would be cool to finish that before the new year. tomb raider owns btw

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

An Actual Princess posted:

im working through the whole tomb raider series and i'm halfway through 3 so it would be cool to finish that before the new year. tomb raider owns btw

do you mean like starting from the psx era? :eyepop:

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

ya. for the record when I said I want to finish that before the new year I just meant 3 not the whole series lol. there are like 10 games and it’s going to be a long haul. I’m excited and having a great time, they really hold up

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

I just wrapped up Neon White today (well, got the default ending, I'll be going back to work on better times and collectibles on and off next year as the mood strikes me)
Ideally I'd love to finish up Kirby and the Forgotten Land, River City Girls 2 and Live A Live before I write up my GOTY list but I don't think I'm going to get all three done.

Kirby I will for sure though, I'm in world four of six and making steady progress. Such a charming and well made game with all the hallmarks of good Nintendo platformer design.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

I've kind of given up on outer wilds and I'm thinking of taking a break from call of the wild to play 2022 game of the year Sleeping Dogs again. It's been a while but it's a great game

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one

I've got a Pentiment to finish! I gotta see how things turn out for this place.

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

An Actual Princess posted:

ya. for the record when I said I want to finish that before the new year I just meant 3 not the whole series lol. there are like 10 games and it’s going to be a long haul. I’m excited and having a great time, they really hold up

i'm gonna add this series to my list then! i genuinely wouldnt have thought they held up from so long ago, thank you

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

Ms Adequate posted:

I've got a Pentiment to finish! I gotta see how things turn out for this place.

same here! it is important I wrap this game up

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

I will decidedly not manage to wrap it up, but I'd like to give the Baldur's Gate ironman challenge another try this holiday season. And figure out Timberborn's new update.

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

Kirby down. Just some kickass gorgeous Nintendo platformer gaming all the way through.

Maybe I'll get Live A Live, River City Girls 2 or Roadwarden finished up before the GOTY thread! (Probs not).

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one

I finished Pentiment!

Next up to finish are Signalis and Deathloop, though I don't know how long either are and thus whether I'll have time (I started a new Rimworld game like three days before Xmas because I'm a dumdum :v:)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phoix
Jul 20, 2006

I've been meaning to beat Jupiter Hell since it came out. Surely this will be my time