Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best Christmas Movie?
Die Hard
Not Die Hard
Goku
View Results

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

:catdrugs:
i've got the hogfather on dvd, i should watch it again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost
the best Christmas movie is "A Christmas Story"
2nd place is Die Hard
3rd place is Gremlins

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

The best Christmas is Michael Douglas saves Alaska.

If you haven't seen it. You need to.

Gregoire
Feb 3, 2014
Prancer gave me the feels back in the day. Not sure if I want to watch it again.

A farting mink
Nov 6, 2022

by Pragmatica

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009

dee eight posted:

Hogfather is the best Christmas book.

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler
Watchin the MCC with my mom it's pretty sweet

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Being snowed the gently caress in (seriously, I tried to drive to the store earlier and half of downtown's roads haven't even been plowed yet, which is :confused: ) I've already gone through most of the obvious ones, so now I'm rewatching hbomberguys videos and, you know what, he's good at keeping me from being too depressed

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

dee eight posted:

gently caress! I haven't watched that in years, it's so good

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
Veggies tales

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
Yo uh think they ever made a horney veggie tales parody or something? Just asking would be funny right lol

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

Christmas Vacation is the best Xmas movie.

Soapy_Bumslap
Jun 19, 2013

We're gonna need a bigger chode
Grimey Drawer
It's a toss up between Brazil and Dumb & Dumber. Both are Christmas classics, and fill me with the spirit.

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

the best christmas movie is bad santa you idiots. you fuckin morons how can you not know that.

Nooner posted:

Yo uh think they ever made a horney veggie tales parody or something? Just asking would be funny right lol

lol

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Nooner posted:

Veggie Tail

Chrs
Sep 21, 2015

Nooner posted:

I’m sorry but they are CHRISTIANS and christians do not get horny or gently caress

Rahu
Feb 14, 2009

let me just check my figures real quick here
Grimey Drawer
Voted goku, here's the goku christmas movie.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kmVahy7e4KE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P7R6cgwMQXo

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Internet trips l trips

Cyber oboe

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

The best Christmas movie is the film Midnight express

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

Muppet Christmas Carol used to be a classic favorite, but it kinda got ruined for the rest of my family when, bizarrely, the Bless Us All song got played at my mom's funeral and that kinda soured it for everyone afterwards.

Beartaco
Apr 10, 2007

by sebmojo
Adam Sandler's Eight Crazy Nights

PyPy
Sep 13, 2004

by vyelkin
Mouse Hunt

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007
"Its a Wonderful Life"

That movie is really dark, holy poo poo. Never bothered to pay it much attention until today.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

PyPy posted:

Mouse Hunt

This is a legit great one.

Home Alone is awesome too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rondette
Nov 4, 2009

Your friendly neighbourhood Postie.

Grimey Drawer
Well, thanks to the gentle recommendation of this thread, I paid for and downloaded the new Christmas Story film, and we all sat down and watched it together as a family on Christmas day.

I sort of kept away from looking at the plot because I didn't want to get spoiled too much.

I knew the dad had died, but I didn't know it was the entire driver for the plot. This was awkward to begin with because my own lovely dad is currently dying of cancer in a hospital. Less than two months ago, he was more or less fine. We found out a week ago that he was terminal.

We are all having to come to terms with losing him so suddenly. This was a hard film to watch in places, but also amazing because there were SO MANY MOMENTS where we all looked at each other with recognition that we were going through that poo poo too. That was really helpful for us all.

A Christmas Story plays a huge part in our family's Christmas history. So having a new film, with virtually the same cast dealing with the one of the worst things an adult can go through, the death of a beloved spouse or parent, was really helpful and beautiful too.

It was also pretty darn funny in places too.

It was definitely the right film at the right time for our family.