Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shifty Nipples

deep dish peat moss posted:

My meds are finally getting refilled in an hour, which is kinda cool because I get them at night which means I can be on a night schedule for a while where I stay up and draw at night when there are no distractions :kiddo:

:toot:

also, I take dextroamphetamine and yeah it is so damned inconvenient to have to go in every time to get it filled. Not knowing if they can even fill it when you go in being all anxious cause I took the last one so if they can't fill it I'm just outa luck until they get more, and it's hard to not be agitated when they're like "oops we have to order more"

Thanks Plant MONSTER. and deep dish peat moss and deep dish peat moss and deep dish peat moss

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deep dish peat moss

I hate life right now, they only had 11 (I take 2/day and need 60!) because of the national shortage. I stupidly accepted the 11, because I am 3 days deep on withdrawing and was desperate for that to stop. But that means (A) The rest of my prescription is invalidated and I have to ask my doctor to write a new one for the other 49 pills, but they're out of town until the 3rd and might not be able to even write a second one because legally I don't think anyone can fill 2 adderall prescriptions for me in the same 30 day period, regardless of dose/quantity, and (B) I lost my spot on the 2-3 week long waitlist to refill a full prescription

so I have enough to last me 5 days and after that I am probably going to get to deal with a 25+ day long withdrawal, and if that's the case I am just done w/ trying to treat my ADD and I am going to go back to being basically comatose staring at a wall all day because that's better than withdrawing every month :barf: And at least then I could probably collect disability

deep dish peat moss fucked around with this message at 02:04 on Dec 31, 2022

deep dish peat moss

Viginti Septem posted:

It's about time! This is all interesting to me because as I start my journey into therapy everyone keeps asking me if I've been diagnosed ADHD before

I can truthfully say that medicating my ADD is both the best thing and the worst thing to ever happen to me. I didn't start medication until I was 32 and it felt like the first time in my life I had ever actually woken up, like I had been sleepwalking through every day before that. It's hard to capture just how life-changing it was. I'm not joking when I say I was pretty much comatose before medication, I have so much trouble putting attention into literally anything at all that I end up just sitting in one place staring forward all day.

But on the other hand, I have gone through what I am going through now every single month for the past 6 months, as well as occasionally throughout the prior 2 years, and that has absolutely ruined my life in every conceivable way. It's impossible to hold a job or date or anything when you spend 3-10 unpredictable days every month in withdrawal mode.

Especially because most people aren't very informed about Adderall and see it as the same thing as meth (Chemically, Adderall is to Meth what Wine is to denatured fuel alcohol). BYOB is like the only place that is supportive of me when I am in withdrawal instead of treating me like a junkie :kiddo:

deep dish peat moss fucked around with this message at 02:15 on Dec 31, 2022

Shifty Nipples

Unless the laws were you are are different you may be able to call the doctor's office and explain the situation to get another prescription sent in. That really really sucks though, I know that feeling of "just give me what you have" and the damned if you do damned if you don't feeling.

Thanks Plant MONSTER. and deep dish peat moss and deep dish peat moss and deep dish peat moss

Shifty Nipples

the system is dumb imo

deep dish peat moss

Yeah I'm going to call the doctor on Tuesday and see, but they're traveling for New Years until then :argh:

I'm less worried about having them send in a new one and more worried about having to go through a waitlist to refill again though :(

Shifty Nipples

also in case you don't know about it there is an add/adhd thread in ask/tell - https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3189760

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deep dish peat moss

Okay hold on you can unsticky this thread I'm going to do a different one for the next few days:

Post ITT and I will draw a Healthcare-themed monster for you