Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

frumpykvetchbot
Feb 20, 2004

PROGRESSIVE SCAN
Upset Trowel
The 70s,
The 80s,
The 1490s were okay until that italian fucker bumped into the Bahamas and you know set in motion the whole euro plunder and conquest of the americas thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DamnCanadian
Jan 3, 2005

Perpetuating the stereotype since 1978.
80s
70s
The rest are kind of a blur

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

Trixie Hardcore posted:

The 1970s were fine as long as you didn’t have to live through them. Some really good albums in the 70s.

Culturally, the 70s were fantastic. TV, movies, and music. Sittin’ down in my brown chair drinking a Hamm’s and watching Barney Miller.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
I wanna be the mad men where I get paid hella money to just get drunk and sexually harass babes at work

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

Nooner posted:

I wanna be the mad men where I get paid hella money to just get drunk and sexually harass babes at work

When someone's foot gets run over by a lawn mower in the office youll regret it

roomtone
Jul 1, 2021

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 18 days!)

60s and 90s seem like the decades where everything was looking up, even if things weren't actually that amazing. That counts for something, got to have a good story in your head about where things are all going.

Compared to now where things are objectively better in a lot of ways but it feels like everything is chaos and it might be heading down. Bad story.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

The further back you go the more likely you are to die from something god drat stupid like asbestos or religion or white people

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

the 80s were the last time I was worry free
the 40s is when Hitler died
the 90s were cool but I was an absolute mess the entire time
the 60s was when free love bloomed
the 50s gave us casseroles and cream of mushroom soup as an ingredient
I wasn't born until 79 but I've watched a lot of movies from the 70s and everything looks dirty and molestery
it's all been greatly downhill since 2000 except for my marriage which has been great

this isn't a ranking exactly, just some thoughts

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.
The back half of the 90s in America were absolutely bonkers; it really did feel like we were gonna have a cool sci-fi future, instead of the half assed cyberpunk one we ended up getting. The front half was corny and weird and I liked it too. I dunno how much of that is nostalgia clouding my judgement though, since I was a kid and I think even lovely stuff seemed better when my brain was mostly unformed pink pudding.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

1850's Europe.

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

:derp:   :kayak:                                     
30's
40's
50's
60's
70's
80's
90's
00's
10's
20's

SweetMercifulCrap!
Jan 28, 2012
Lipstick Apathy
I'll just rank the decades I was alive for:

90's
00's
80's
10's
whatever this is.

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

90s was definitely the peak of human civilization. It’s been going quickly downhill from there.

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Ask me about my STD collection!

Bloodfart McCoy posted:

Gay 90’s FTW

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
I love the 80's.

Always felt the 90's was a more watered down safer version of that covered in crazy neon colors.

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

i find it intellectually dishonest to not give firsthand accounts of your experience when ranking decades

The 70s for instance was a dark age. complete and utterly blackness full of emptiness and devoid of thought.

80s was good for me, most food came in tit form and the goldfish harvest was plentiful in those years

90s sucked, a lot of class struggle in that i got my rear end kicked in school a bunch

00s was the pinnacle of civilization, weed and oral sex was invented.

10s - a nonstop rocketride of economic growth and cultural stagnation on a micro level. hyperhyper localized braindrain

a dmc delorean
Jul 2, 2006

Live the dream
i liked 00's because that's when i had limewire which was both amazing and awful at the same time, just like that book i never read and can't remember the name of

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

a dmc delorean posted:

i liked 00's because that's when i had limewire which was both amazing and awful at the same time, just like that book i never read and can't remember the name of

the good gootsby?

1894?

the rapes of garth?

Confusedslight
Jan 9, 2020
1790s - solely because it provided the world with this piece of art titled appropriately "Farting in good cheer"

Still don't know if we can really top that.

central dogma
Feb 25, 2012

Come to the Undead Settlement in the next 20 mins if u want an ash kicking
Probably the 70s and earlier since I wasn't born yet.

Real answer, the 90s were pretty cool, especially the latter half. It was before the internet was poo poo.

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

Confusedslight posted:

1790s - solely because it provided the world with this piece of art titled appropriately "Farting in good cheer"

Still don't know if we can really top that.

im the sun anus

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

90s had the best cars for tinkering on. obd and computerized engine management was fully realized, but without the need for excessive body controllers and pervasive sensors and electronics throughout the rest of the car. real easy to drop in a fresh ecu without having to gut the rest of the car. early 2000s is this way too but 90s was really a golden age. modern cars have some pretty ludicrous power plants and fancy stuff with electric motors giving on-demand awd and torque vectoring and stuff, but due to this it's getting harder and harder to do more than tweak outside the manufacturers intended performance envelope. a clubmate of mine is building a 2023 wrx into a rally car and hooo boy it's a loving headache and a half, even with factory support. if we weren't building a sponsored car, we'd probably just gut the frame entirely and put an EJ257 in it instead lol

i also have a soft spot for 80s cars as the final era before extensive 3D CAD and simulation had taken over, leaving cars sleek but at the same time still boxy

what was the question again?

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

1940s Germany all the way

lolman
Jan 7, 2023

a real newbie
90's and 80's the best

Lurker Ant
Nov 16, 2016

Waltzing Along posted:

Not a boomer. The 60s win because is was the last time this country had hope. And The Beatles are from the 60s. So best band and hope.

Yes but so are Herman's Hermits so unfortunately the 60s are basically a write off

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Nooner posted:

I have some good news for you about the tech industry

Jabberlock
Nov 29, 2014

lol at people putting the 80s at the top, when reagan was president

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

reagan made america great

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

reagan made america great

Ronald "Punani Pounda" Reagan

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon

Jabberlock posted:

lol at people putting the 80s at the top, when reagan was president

AIDS epidemic, worst music, worst culture, really it's garbo

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
I'll tell you what the 80's like,
And I know what the ladies like,
Need a man that's polite, listens and takes advice,
I could be all three, plus I can lay the pipe,
Come with me come stay the night,
She looked at me laughin', like boy your game is tight,
I'm laughin back like sure you're right,
Get in the car,
And don't touch nothin', sit in the car,
Lets discuss somethin',
Either we lovin or I'll see you tomorrow,
Now we speedin' up the westside,
Hand creepin' up her left side, ready to do it,
Ready to bone, ready for dome,
55th exit, drat, drat already we home,
Now let's get it on

ManBoyChef
Aug 1, 2019

Deadbeat Dad

whatever the decade reagan was shot in...that was pretty sweet.

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

Nooner posted:

Is 69 a decade? Lol

I vote for the 1420s

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

420s

the goth look was IN

Adbot