Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
The title is but a pun. I am going to immediately break it by posting a video that feature not members of the genus Apis, the honeybees, but of Bombus, the bumblebees.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v-uKp1KlOas

What are your favorite bees?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
https://twitter.com/NPR/status/1611345085882302465

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

i enjoy the Orchard Mason Bee, which is blue

it makes its nest in "natural holes" apparently, because it cannot get into wood. fairly useless bee, but pretty

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
That’s a pretty bee.

It reminds me of that time in 2012 when French honeybees produced honey in strange colours.

They were eating out at the M&M factory.

In 2010 in Brooklyn, the same thing happened, but that time it was a maraschino cherry that was the culprit.

This incident tipped off law enforcement to the factory owner’s narcotics empire.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

quote:

Dragutin Dimitrijević (Serbian Cyrillic: Драгутин Димитријевић; 17 August 1876 – 24 June 1917), better known by his nickname Apis, was a Serbian army officer and chief of the military intelligence section of the general staff in 1913. He is best known as the most prominent member of the Black Hand, a secret military society that organised the 1903 overthrow of the Serbian government and the assassination of King Alexander I of Serbia and Queen Draga.[1] Some scholars believe that he also initiated the plot to kill the Archduke Franz Ferdinand in June 1914, which led to the July Crisis and the outbreak of World War I.