Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Paladins poo poo adaptation gives me doubts for frierens.

a major shonen manga is not going to get pawned off on a C-list studio like a webnovel series can

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

Tales of Woe posted:

a major shonen manga is not going to get pawned off on a C-list studio like a webnovel series can

lmao, just lmao.

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

The Junji Ito... thing on Netflix is absolutely dogshit

Doodles
Apr 14, 2001

Tales of Woe posted:

Berzerk fans would like to have a word with you. Once they stop crying.

Yawgmoft
Nov 15, 2004

Spuckuk posted:

Mother's Basement has a video on why horror animation doesn't work, and the realty is no one is willing to pay the money necessary to make anime scary in a tv show.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

The real horror is watching mother’s basement

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Where else will you get your passive aggressive safe-for-youtube-because-if-I-say-sex-I-get-demonetized hot takes on why obvious fetish bait shows are worth watching if not from Mother's Basement.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

Spuckuk posted:

On the one hand, Ito is so loving scary to me that I wasn't gonna watch that anyway.

On the other hand, making it so bad it isn't scary is so wasteful its insulting.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Doodles posted:

Berzerk fans would like to have a word with you. Once they stop crying.

Berserk is Seinen not Shonen :v:

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Arc Hammer posted:

Where else will you get your passive aggressive safe-for-youtube-because-if-I-say-sex-I-get-demonetized hot takes on why obvious fetish bait shows are worth watching if not from Mother's Basement.

My own brain, op

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Namtab posted:

My own brain, op

You censor your own brain so youtube doesn't demonetize you?

Yawgmoft
Nov 15, 2004
Imagine gatekeeping the horniness of a man that bangs an Instagram model

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008
i dont care how much probation i get capital letters are for squares hehe im so laid back an nice please read my low effort shitposts about the arab spring

thanxs!!!

Spuckuk posted:

Production value seems higher than Junji Into Collection, but that's a drat low bar to clear. Sucks that he's 2 for 2 on poo poo adaptations so far. I'm not even sure if that black and white Uzumaki anime they roped Colin Stetson to write the score for is still happening.

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

Namtab posted:

The real horror is watching any anime youtubers

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

Detheros posted:

Namtab posted:

The real horror is watching any anime youtubers
Kenny Lauderdale makes good videos, but he focuses on old and obscure anime. There is also usually an interesting story about how he found it, the production of it, or the cultural context of the anime at the time.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

IShallRiseAgain posted:

Kenny Lauderdale makes good videos,

For me to POOP on

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
SuperEyepatchWolf is a good lad with a bad Dell.